La Liga 2019/2020 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Not saying that he will light the world on fire but Suarez is a fierce competitor and i think that might fuel him to perform really well for Atlético this season. He might be aging but he is still proven quality unlike the sad sack Morata.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Not saying that he will light the world on fire but Suarez is a fierce competitor and i think that might fuel him to perform really well for Atlético this season. He might be aging but he is still proven quality unlike the sad sack Morata.
He is/was not finished. He has slowed down but he is still an elite player and one of the most competitive player.

Reactions: Cassano

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I feel he got too complacent at Barca. Messi made his life easy and he didn’t have to work as hard to produce naturally. But as you guys mentioned, he’s probably one of the most competitive players in the sport so I think he’ll work hard again and have a great season.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
He is/was not finished. He has slowed down but he is still an elite player and one of the most competitive player.
Indeed. The thing is that Barcelona had to lower the wage bill because they are in financial trouble after years of frivolous spending and COVID-19. That is why they had to offload a lot of veteran players and do dumb transfers like Arthur for Pjanic. Suarez should have never been treated that way but that is on the board being run by clowns.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
He had bad CL history for a while but he was scapegoated as well imo. He was their best CL producer last year for example. I think they should’ve kept him to keep Messi happy at least. He is their 2nd best forward Imo.
its not just about goals...

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
if ever Dembele could fulfill his potential.. having Fati and Dembele on the wing would be deadly

Couple of things are pretty clear so far. Griezmann isn't the striker for this system. Frenkie will shine in this formation.
I like the movement, the width, also looks like Koeman has implemented the six second rule again.
Fati is what dembele wants to be. It’s ok though Trincao is here

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Interesting Trincao was the the man in preseason yet it’s pedri that comes on after Koeman says he should leave on loan. Lol

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Griezmann is killing the end of his career in Barcelona.
He looks every bit like the guy I underrated ten years ago :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino