La Liga 2018-19 Part II

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I did not mind him when he was the plucky underdog at Tottenham he transformed into everything I despise in the world of soccer. Overrated, overpaid (b/c of the EPL) and to boot part of the evil empire. I actually did like his style and was a fan until he got overhyped. Very similar to that afterthought Ronaldo.

Nothing more than good player that's it
I mean...he's a little better than good but your points are fair.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
So we lost to Girona in the Catalan Super Cup. Apparently Todibo played in midfield...

With Vinicius Jr out for two months I think Solari should give Asensio a real run as a starter.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Vidal was great in this game and has been for a while now, seems like he wins every tackle and makes the right pass every time.

Not sure if he will start in the CL game vs Lyon, I think Arthur - Busquets - Rakitic is their best midfield, and Semedo seems to play his best with Dembele on the right side.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Pretty easy win against Rayo, though the visitors worked hard. I really hope Rayo stay up. Raul de Tomas, on loan from Madrid, had a good match and took his goal really well. I'm sure they'll be getting some offers for him come Summer.

As for our players:
  • Messi was Messi.
  • Great to see Gerry score a goal. Still played every minute of the league season which means he's played the most minutes in the league.
  • As @TheLeastOfTheBunch noted, Vidal was good. Put in a lot of work.
  • Coutinho... Really hoping the PSG rumors are true or that somebody comes in for him at this stage. He just looks lost out there. Should have had a relatively easy goal too.
  • Suarez should have been more selfish. Twice he tried to get the ball to Messi when the better option would have been to shoot and he well could have had a hat trick.
  • Dembele was pretty quiet and it sounds like he's injured, again.
  • Rakitic good in his cameo.
  • Last but certainly not least, Malcolm. Hardly any minutes and still he looks like he knows what he's doing. He'd be blowing the doors off of Coutinho if he had the same minutes. It's frustrating to see him play so little, but then he's not going to play over Messi. Maybe next season Messi will have a more central role and Malcolm will get some real minutes.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Real get all the breaks.

If these Valldolid players were individually any better (they're far behind Madrid players), they would lead by several goals instead of being behind.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
A lot going on within the Madrid team apparently:

• Ramos had to step in during Madrid's final training session before the Valladolid match because HFBoards favorite Marcelo made "an obscene insult" towards his teammates. They were apparently playing a "mini game" and after winning Marcelo said "now you're gonna suck me off." "Pay me up", "suck me off", quite demanding isn't he?
  • Solari has apparently asked the club to sanction Isco for his actions before the Ajax match. After he wasn't selected in the squad to face Ajax the player not only refused to take the team bus to the stadium, but he also skipped the team talk before the match.
  • Not sure if there's anything to make of Nacho's comments about Solari. Said they were "with him to the death", but that was after saying the relationship was tough because things weren't going well.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014

Solari, evidently.

The Sun is reporting former Real president Calderon as being the next coach for 17 mil (pounds) a year. Kind of funny sometimes though these rumour articles that sell something as a done deal, guess we'll see today though

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Solari, evidently.

I don't get the point D2M is trying to make then. In Spain, you can keep a "replacement" manager for 2 weeks - after that, you either have to sign him or move on.
At the time (and even still, really), it was the only thing to do. Season was already lost and all they need to do is ride it out, get top-3 and re-tool over the summer.

Noone seriously ever thought Solari was a long-term solution, but again, Spanish rules say you must sign him after the 2 weeks.

As for the next manager, I'd say:
Mou 50%
Zidane 30%
Poch 20%

Either will do fine for Madrid, as long as they get the funds in the summer.
Seeing as how Perez hasn't brought in a big name in since 2014, I'm guessing some splashes will be made.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Mou will explode the transfer market and put this Real team to misery.

Can't wait !

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Sounds like Zidane will get a chance to completely turnover the club’s roster in the summer. Should be an interesting project to see unfold, probably the ushering of another Galacticos era.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
A lot going on within the Madrid team apparently:

• Ramos had to step in during Madrid's final training session before the Valladolid match because HFBoards favorite Marcelo made "an obscene insult" towards his teammates. They were apparently playing a "mini game" and after winning Marcelo said "now you're gonna suck me off." "Pay me up", "suck me off", quite demanding isn't he?
  • Solari has apparently asked the club to sanction Isco for his actions before the Ajax match. After he wasn't selected in the squad to face Ajax the player not only refused to take the team bus to the stadium, but he also skipped the team talk before the match.
  • Not sure if there's anything to make of Nacho's comments about Solari. Said they were "with him to the death", but that was after saying the relationship was tough because things weren't going well.

Holy drama, Batman.

Ramos also had an altercation with Perez.

Marcelo wants out and Reguillon is doing well. Sell Marcelo. He was a great soldier for us, but his time has come.

Ship Isco out too. Very good player, but the relationship is broken.

Zizou back is great news. Not tactically, but for the room. He knows how to manage the egos.

I may be cynical, but I think it was Zizou's plan all along. He knew the club would struggle without Ronaldo and he knew they wouldn't not change many things in the Summer. He waited for them to crash and burn before returning the hero.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad