Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
its' a good video

but jesus christ canucks fans, i hate using the term rent free so

1712883965011.jpeg

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
I think it also needs to be noted that Danault has had a disappointing offensive season as well. Has spent the year playing with a 30 goal scorer yet won't crack the 50 point level. He is only slightly ahead of Dubois, and I think that disaster has saved him from some pretty fair criticism.
Has he though? 0.59 points per games is higher than his career (0.55). 0.23 goals per game is higher than is career (0.19). If you just look at his time with the Kings, okay, he's not gonna hit 50 points, but he's pretty much producing what you expect him to producing, which is 50 points plus or minus 5. All while taking on the tough defensive assignments.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Good breakdown of the Kings 1-3-1. He is spot on for when and why they use it.

Man....where have I heard that before.....when they use the 1-3-1....could have sworn....someone on this very form said the same thing since people have been bitching about it.....

I dunno, I'm old and my memory fails me.....

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Good breakdown of the Kings 1-3-1. He is spot on for when and why they use it.
Except the video makes it sound like the Kings are a perennial Presidents trophy winner and an elite team in the NHL, instead of a bubble playoff likely getting wrecked by any WC playoff team that isn't the Canucks... Like RJ said the Kings are just rent free with the Canucks and have been since 2012.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Except the video makes it sound like the Kings are a perennial Presidents trophy winner and an elite team in the NHL, instead of a bubble playoff likely getting wrecked by any WC playoff team that isn't the Canucks... Like RJ said the Kings are just rent free with the Canucks and have been since 2012.
I thought the video was pretty honest about the Kings lack of talent.

The Kings are a playoff team even though they don't have a single point per game player. Our leading goal scorer is Trevor Moore, and our goalies are Talbot and Rittch.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
really hope Hill sits out Kopi and DD for the remaining games, there’s no point of playing them. Give some more ice time to PLD, he’s been resting the whole season.

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica

The Kings are a playoff team even though they don't have a single point per game player. Our leading goal scorer is Trevor Moore, and our goalies are Talbot and Rittch.
Sure, but it also says the Kings are "sitting comfortably in a playoff spot," which sure, they are. But it's the last week of the season, they just clinched a playoff spot at game 78, and can still finish as the 8th seed. Comfortable is a bit of a reach.

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
So if I read the LAKings insider article right, we statistically have a higher chance in playing Edmonton or Vancouver, most likely Edmonton again. At this point f*** it, as long as we don't play Dallas.

I'm wondering what McDavid's injury consists of, as he's been out DTD. Our only real chance in beating the Oil is if he sits out (unlikely) or if he's heavily injured. Either way they have to exploit his injury, seeing as McDavid has been known to single-handedly dismantle whole teams, along with Draisaitl.

Last edited:

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com

Pretty amazing that Blake did better on the Clifford/Campbell trade than the Muzzin deal.

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
So if I read the LAKings insider article right, we statistically have a higher chance in playing Edmonton or Vancouver, most likely Edmonton again. At this point f*** it, as long as we don't play Dallas.

I'm wondering what McDavid's injury consists of, as he's been out DTD. Our only real chance in beating the Oil is if he sits out (unlikely) or if he's heavily injured. Either way they have to exploit his injury, seeing as McDavid has been known to single-handedly dismantle whole teams, along with Draisaitl.
Need to deploy big bad Anderson on him if we play them

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Has he though? 0.59 points per games is higher than his career (0.55). 0.23 goals per game is higher than is career (0.19). If you just look at his time with the Kings, okay, he's not gonna hit 50 points, but he's pretty much producing what you expect him to producing, which is 50 points plus or minus 5. All while taking on the tough defensive assignments.
Yes, absolutely Danault has been less effective this season than any of his three as a King.

You keep proving over and over again than you do not understand how these numbers work, yet you rely on them as a crutch with every post.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Yes, absolutely Danault has been less effective this season than any of his three as a King.

You keep proving over and over again than you do not understand how these numbers work, yet you rely on them as a crutch with every post.

What would be an effective season for Danault? I'm all ears.

It won't matter, they'll play him 30 min a game on one leg to get thru the first round

one of the biggest reasons I'd like to avoid the oilers in rd 1 is because of this

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA

Most likely Edmonton (55%), 1/3 chance of Vancouver, 1/10 chance of Dallas, according to sportsclubstats.com:

1712951067481.png

Nasti

Jan 30, 2006
Long Beach, CA
Oilers play Arizona tonight and then Vancouver tomorrow. The Canucks had their way with the Oilers early in the season when they were going in opposite directions. Now, they are once again going in opposite directions but vice versa.

Reactions: Surf Nutz

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
I think it also needs to be noted that Danault has had a disappointing offensive season as well. Has spent the year playing with a 30 goal scorer yet won't crack the 50 point level. He is only slightly ahead of Dubois, and I think that disaster has saved him from some pretty fair criticism.

No way!

Danault is the hidden Pillar of the team and did things that didn't show up on the stat sheet to facilitate Moore and Fiala when he played with them, and for the King overall.

He over performed offensively in his first two years.

PP2 barely got scraps most of the time as PP1's time was overextended.

Look at the Kings losses when he was injured, especially on the PK

Your comments are usually a lot more measured than this take.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Which I why he is relatively easy to move for a good return. I’m not saying we should move him because he’s poor or anything like that, but we may have had his peak offensive year. So it feels like time to sell high (before his value drops), something we/you/I often complain we do not do.

It’s simply that we need to get some more cap flexibility plus get some assets back, make room for Thomas/Turcotte etc. Something has to give and moving or buying out PLD is highly unlikely. Whereas Danault would return assets and help upgrade us in other areas.

In a vacuum I take Danault over PLD every day, but we aren’t in a vaccine.

The Kings wouldn't even make the playoffs without Danault.

I can't believe a few of the guys I think are decent commentators here are so far off on what Danault brings to the team.

Spence has only improved defensively, been a little disappointing offensively but he has improved overall.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him break out next season after Blake resigns him on the cheap.

I would try to sign him up for as many years as he can if has any cap space, which is a big maybe depending on the cap increase.

Criticizing Roy beyond his occasional gaffes is also way off

Likewise lumping the rest of the team and forgetting guys like Kempe and Moore who play winning hockey on both sides of the puck is also short sighted.

The truth is , much of the team has outperformed if you look at all facets of the game beyond offensive stats.

The only significant underperformer has been that one guy, overall.

Sam

Feb 27, 2002
With tonight’s regulation win against Anaheim, the kings will finish either third in the division or in the second wildcard spot. They cannot finish in the first wildcard spot.

If the kings finish third in the division (which is likely), the Kings very likely play Edmonton. Would play Vancouver if Vancouver loses their final two games in regulation, and Edmonton wins their final three games.

If the kings finish in the second wildcard spot, they very likely play Dallas. Would play Vancouver if Dallas loses their final game in regulation and Vancouver wins their final 2 games.

Dallas 81/111/40/48
We 4/17 vs St. Louis

Vancouver 80/107/43/49
Tu 4/16 vs Calgary
Th 4/18 @ Winnipeg

Edmonton 79/102/38/46
Mo 4/15 vs San Jose
We 4/17 @ Arizona
Th 4/18 @ Colorado

Kings 80/97/37/41
Mo 4/15 vs Minnesota
Th 4/18 vs Chicago

Nashville 81/99/38/44
Mo 4/15 @ Pittsburgh

Vegas 79/94/33/39
Su 4/14 vs Colorado
Tu 4/16 vs Chicago
Th 4/18 vs Anaheim

Last edited:

GameNight

Dec 5, 2021
The President's Trophy winner, ALWAYS and notoriously flunks round 1

Go Stars!

Last edited:

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
If McDavid is still hurt and isn't 100% during our series, I think the Kings can win. If he misses games, then the Kings should win.

Reactions: Surf Nutz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad