LA KINGS 2023/4 Regular season discussion

DAkings20

Kings can't score
Dec 26, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Another exciting season of LA Kings hockey to come!

1697135282766.gif

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
As I predicted, Arvidsson to LTIR after we got taken to the woodshed by the Avs with a shortened roster and wrong-handed bottom pair for no reason. F-ing unbelievable.

Wait, you thought we lost because we played 11 F and Englund?

Um....ok.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
This team will be an also-ran until they actually become a team. What is the culture here?

Colorado is one season removed from winning the Cup. You saw the entire team immediately respond to stuff they thought was over the line. The Kings see two of their best players get boarded and they do nothing except for Byfield having a little chat.

How many times does this need to happen before they figure it out? The McDavid hit on Anderson last season is the avatar for how far away this team is from being a contender and we just saw more of it last night.

We can argue about every little thing about this team but none of it matters until this is fixed. Unfortunately, I don't see any cavalry coming to change this. It has to come from the players already on this team but the two legends that remain on this team don't subscribe to this type of hockey, even though they enjoyed their greatest success playing on a team that did.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Clarke's cap hit (per Cap Friendly) is an additional 43k, so Clarke was called up instead of to maximize the LTIR space that can be used

Got it, be interesting to see who they dress on Saturday, I think Spence deserves it more, wonder if they are looking at Turcotte for that 12th F position

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
Its obvious to this casual observer that the stanley cup winning formula is stout defense- including big physical defensemen and good goaltending (.920 approx). Along with a few scoring forwards with the rest of the lads bought in to play d.
Aint no mystery. Been like this forever. Maybe one day we'll get there

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Sounds like paper transactions to manage the numbers. I didn't want to say it because I was hoping Arvy would return, but if he is away for a bit on LTIR that solves in the meantime the cap issues. I am sure they Kaliyev and Laferriere will be called back up next game.

Reactions: David Lunch

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Clarke's cap hit (per Cap Friendly) is an additional 43k, so Clarke was called up instead of to maximize the LTIR space that can be used
Yup. It's a paper transaction.

Blake basically "needed" a serious injury to help bail him out of the cap trouble he caused. Hopefully Arvidsson just has a quick recovery, although he'll still be out for at least the next month.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
RV’s injury is on brand for him. He’s also Rob Blake’s off brand version of JDub. Fitting all around.

SmytheKing

Apr 7, 2007
15 goals 30 assists tops imo
If he reaches that I'll be thrilled. Honestly if he comes close to that but shows initiative and drive I'd be over the moon. The Kings NEED him to lead the charge, not just watch it develop and skate around the zone waiting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad