OT: LA Angels of Anaheim Baseball Discussion (continued again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jiggsawpuzzle35

May 7, 2007
The 949
The Angels will use this news to get Anaheim to cave in on helping them fund the renovation of the Stadium or give Arte land to build a brand new ballpark. He wants to develop land and make money off of it in addition getting a new/renovated stadium. Back in the 90s Disney used Long Beach against Anaheim to get a new theme park built at the Disneyland Resort. Arte has a new Mayor in Anaheim who is pro Disney/Resort District as well as the majority of the city council. I don't think they are moving.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
They are moving. Arte is going to keep adding one year extensions to the lease instead of locking up long term until the city gets pissed or he gets another stadium deal somewhere else. He doesn’t give 2 shits about Anaheim/OC. Just wants to be in the hot market. One of the worst owners in pro sports.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
I think it makes sense...long Beach is an up and coming area. However, Arte is going to piss a lot of people off. First he changes the name. Now he wants to move them out of OC. They better start winning consistently

Other than the freeways out to Long Beach suck.

Traffic nightmare on game days.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
When Arte was in line to buy the Angels after they won the WS in 2002, i remember the fears people had that he would move the team to LA or Mexico. Well it looks like he might actually move it to LA (Long Beach)

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Who in their right mind really feared he was going to move them to Mexico?

Sports owners very rarely relocate to places with less money

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Who in their right mind really feared he was going to move them to Mexico?

Sports owners very rarely relocate to places with less money
The OC Register had an article where they destroyed rumors he'd move to the team to Mexico.
It was already being thought that he'd eventually move the team all the way back then.

terranraida

#RyanGetzlafIsASaint
Feb 27, 2014
Richmond, VA
Maaaaaan, if Harper gets 300m from philly, might as well just rebrand as the Anaheim Trouts, owned by Mike trout. Dude is gonna get paaaaaaiiiiid

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
Trout is a far better player than Harper or Machado. He can pretty much write his own check. It's just going to depend on where he wants to play and if he wants to go real long on term or have a shorter, massive AAV. I'm not an Angel fan, but Phils signing Harper has to be good news for the Halos. Can't see them signing Trout as well. Unless they want almost half their payroll going to two outfielders.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Trout is a far better player than Harper or Machado. He can pretty much write his own check. It's just going to depend on where he wants to play and if he wants to go real long on term or have a shorter, massive AAV. I'm not an Angel fan, but Phils signing Harper has to be good news for the Halos. Can't see them signing Trout as well. Unless they want almost half their payroll going to two outfielders.
Yep its good news if the Phillie Cheesesteaks sign Harper.
Trout = McDavid/Kucherov tier of MLBers. Harper is more like a Draisaitl.

jiggsawpuzzle35

May 7, 2007
The 949

Assuming it goes through, **** all the Phillies fans who thought Trout going there after his contract was up was just a formality :laugh:

There's a guy somewhere that posted that Trout will never sign with the Angels and will go to the Philadelphia. I can't pinpoint who that person is. I know he hates Eppler though.

Reactions: KelVarnsen

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Lol. It amazes me how many people are Eppler fanboys. He has absolutely no ****ing clue how to run a baseball team or build a winner. Trout is going to leave in two years because this dumbass thinks building his prospect pool is more important than trying to win in his prime years. Why Angels fans revere him is beyond me.

You aren’t wrong.

And why do you think it’s a given he will extend a with a ****ty team?

The poster above already proved everything you said wrong. And like I said, I really don’t care if people disagree with me or not. Not sure why you care so much about people telling me I’m wrong.

It’s comical to me the length Angels fans go to defend a GM who has done jack ****, and how snarky they get in their defense of him. I can’t wait to see the excuses people come up with for him once Trout bails.

Why would Trout want to stay with a team who hasn’t won a playoff game in 10 years who MIGHT compete sometime in the 2020s when he can go to his hometown Phillies who are committed to winning now and are in the process of building a contender?

Yeah, Trout will have won no playoff games but he’ll of course choose to stay with a losing organization vs a winner because we have Jo Adell, Griffin Canning, and Luis Rengifo. Clearly that’ll make him happy!
Totally agree.

Reactions: AngelDuck

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Also, f*** Harper, and all Phillies fans who have been slobbering over the thought of adding him in 2 years.

Reactions: Dr Johnny Fever

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
My point still stands, the team isn’t winning under him. Now that he has Trout locked up, the team better start winning baseball games.

jiggsawpuzzle35

May 7, 2007
The 949
He has surrounded the best player in baseball with an awful team. Extending Trout was great but that doesn’t excuse his team building.
Why would one of the best players to ever play the game want to come back to an awful team when he can can sign with any other team when he hits the free agent market. You have no idea what you are talking about and it is clear you have a real hatred for Eppler.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
He has surrounded the best player in baseball with an awful team. Extending Trout was great but that doesn’t excuse his team building.
Your point has an incredibly hypocritical base onto which it stands.
The team hasn't been successful over the past 6-7 years because they tried to buy a roster instead of build one. Building one takes longer because it involves investing in kids, so the fruits of that labor are not readily apparent.

Eppler had nothing to do with those previous regimes that failed, and instead has gone about building the right way, which is through the drafting and development of young talent.

That talent is coming. After years of having the worst farm of any organization in decades we are now in the top 10. After three years! That's incredible progress.

So your anger is misplaced. Be upset with the people who created the mess that eppler has had to clean up, and understand that what you want, IE, free agents!!!, is what got us in this mess to begin with.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012

I guess building the team for the future instead of "NOW NOW NOW I WANT IT NOW!!!" was more important after all, huh.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
^^While the farm is promising, it is severely lacking high end pitching talent. They will need to spend some money to bring in front of the rotation pitchers if they want to be championship contenders soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad