Post-Game Talk: LA 5 - EDM 2 We Suck Again?

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
Their 3rd string goalie played better then our back up.

6th straight Talbot loss?

Can we quit playing the loser?

You're really going to pin this on him?

I think his sentiment is that we seemed to have no problem just running Talbot out game after game after game because there was no real perceived other option & that we should try running Koskinen out like that until we get back to back games where we NEED to run another goalie out & hope he has some confidence & gives us a shot to win. Kinda exactly like what we did with Koskinen to start the year.

Talbot should now be the backup &, as much as I don't lay this loss at his feet, the team plays differently in front of him & we should roll with Koskinen until aback to back & see if we can get him going then. The team has no confidence playing in front of him right now & it's obvious to anybody watching.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
The empty building at seasons end will force change. The lack of playoff revenue is the most realistic avenue for that to happen.
I’m surprised it is not empty now. Prices are crazy for the product they are selling. The Edmonton fan base is very knowledgeable . Hockey is #1 in Northern Alberta and it’s not even close.
I guess it’s kinda like that girlfriend you had who was smoking hot but was a complete byatch to all your buddies and made your life a complete mess. You kept her hoping she would come around

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
lol , and you can tell from a mile away L.A coming off from a stinker with Vancouver that they were going to be ready, After 27 years of **** hockey while throwing in a fluke 2006 run and the McDavid miracle from 2016 I am finally starting to accept we are truly the Cleveland Browns of the NHL.

1996 - 2006 was actually a pretty fun decade of Oilers hockey. Two first round upsets and some hard hitting passion filled hockey. I'd take the Weight and Guerin days back any day over what we have had for the last decade.

I went to a bunch of those playoff games and they were amazing!

Reactions: ThreeOfAPerfectPair

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Destroyed their own fishery? Gotta disagree with ya there. The lobster and scallop fishery is booming . I think you mean the cod fishery . The cod fishery is Newfoundland and in theory Newfoundland is not considered part of the Maritimes. Maritime are PEI, NB and NS.
The newfs didn’t destroy their fishery . Letting other countries fish inside the Canadian 200 mile limit killed the fishery. I can see you have a little hatred towards Atlantic Canada with your remarks

i hate the rest of canada too

Hippasus

Feb 17, 2008
Bridgeview
The Oilers should have had quicker shooting releases and shooting awareness, especially from Draisaitl and Spooner, respectively. This was toward the end while it was still a one goal game. Also, defense and goaltending looked like it may have gone down a notch for this one. Klefbom, and Chaisson of course, are looking good. McDavid has a point streak going, but has looked a bit quiet.

Last edited:

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
1996 - 2006 was actually a pretty fun decade of Oilers hockey. Two first round upsets and some hard hitting passion filled hockey. I'd take the Weight and Guerin days back any day over what we have had for the last decade.

I went to a bunch of those playoff games and they were amazing!

The team had heart, grit and work ethic back then. During the decade of darkness they decided to build around a bunch of entitled kids with no heart, grit or work ethic that thought they could win on just talent.

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
What an embarrassment.

Maybe the GM will make another nothing trade before next game.
I would calm down. Let Hitchcock do his work. I am confident it will get better, new coach, players and system. Lots of games still left to play.

Reactions: LaGu

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
People don't think too highly of Nurse. Most fans think that Larsson is still a top pairing defenseman still :laugh:
I think it will improve under Hitchcock. All of the defensemen are going to be learning a new system, it is going to take a few games.

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
I wouldn’t blame him for wanting out of this ****. That goes for me as well been a season seat holder since 95 i kept them through the decade of darkness but this is my last yr unless they do a complete overhaul in management and we all know that’s not going to happen. Prices continue to go up and nothing changes
Why would McDavid be gone?

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I’m surprised it is not empty now. Prices are crazy for the product they are selling. The Edmonton fan base is very knowledgeable . Hockey is #1 in Northern Alberta and it’s not even close.
I guess it’s kinda like that girlfriend you had who was smoking hot but was a complete byatch to all your buddies and made your life a complete mess. You kept her hoping she would come around

Prices are very high for the product and that is a serious problem. I wouldn’t know about the smokin hot gf, I’ve only had one and married her a looong time ago lol. Thankfully she decides to stick with me God knows why

Reactions: RegDunlop

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
I don't, but they pretty much cannot hire anyone worse. Chia is the worst GM in the NHL today, anyone would be a large upgrade.

Garth Snow would be a large upgrade. Brian Burke would be a massive upgrade. Dean Lombardi would be an upgrade. Hell, Kevin Lowe would be an upgrade.

There's literally only one person that's his equal and that's Mike Milbury.
No Pierre Dorion could be the worst

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
I think it will improve under Hitchcock. All of the defensemen are going to be learning a new system, it is going to take a few games.
Klefbom was asked some questions after this game by Swe media, when asked about the differences and systems by Hitch he said that for now it's been very little focus on D and a lot of focus on fwds. It will come, but it doesn't take a couple of days to turn a team around if you're talking system change.

Reactions: Multigrain

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
I think Hitchcock is going to sit down with McDavid and see what he needs and wants on his line.
He seems like he is going to want to fix it. I think they will be making a few more trades or something if these offensive lines don't start producing.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Prices are very high for the product and that is a serious problem. I wouldn’t know about the smokin hot gf, I’ve only had one and married her a looong time ago lol. Thankfully she decides to stick with me God knows why
I hear ya, mine is pretty good as well. She had to put up with my moods when the Oilers lose

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Awesome. Pretty impressed you knew Nova Scotia is New Scotland . Halifax is booming now because of the Naval Contract. There are cranes everywhere.
I'm a student of history, geography, etc. I know this land. I Devour stuff on Canadian history.

When we went to Halifax we went to the docks, the Immigration site, Pier 21, Canada's Ellis Island of sorts, and visualised my parents immigration half a century earlier. Sobering moments. I've taken the train across the country a number of times to experience their journey as well. I once did the journey fasting like they did. The only thing I haven't done is take a steerage rust bucket across the Atlantic and be sick to death for 2-3 weeks..

Just watched a documentary on the "Hector" ship that took some initial Scot settlers to New Scotland. That was a good one. Incredible hardships people endured.

Hey I could write volumes on the Bedford explosion too, visited a lot of the Titanic graves as well as historic cemeteries in Halifax area where people are interred from the Titanic and Bedford disasters.
Went to the War or Navy museum while in Halifax, also took in the Citadel fort. Louisburg, Alexander Graham Bell museum etc. I love the history of this land from coast to coast..

I'm kind of displaced in Edmonton which so lacks built, preserved, history compared to much of the rest of the country. But I travel the country when I get a chance. Almost always by rail. (historic, and I love train travel)

Last edited by a moderator:

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
I'm kind of displaced in Edmonton which so lacks built, preserved, history compared to much of the rest of the country. But I travel the country when I get a chance. Almost always by rail. (historic, and I love train travel)
The city made a mistake getting rid of so many of its historic buildings downtown in the 70’s and 80’s. You preserve and build around that stuff.

larueskee

Player/Member USA Hockey or affilates 1972-2006
Mar 15, 2017
Seattle, WA
Hitch isn't the answer. He'll put good players in his dog house and praise the terrible ones. Soon McDavid will be traded because he doesn't fit Hitch's system. You have to get him the heck out of there and fast. He can't even coach a win over the Kings?

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
McLellan never should have been here to start the year. He was the same guy as he was the year before and the result? We are behind the 8 ball a bit having to try and work a new coach in 1/4 way though the year.

Reactions: McClelland

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad