Post-Game Talk: LA 5 - EDM 2 We Suck Again?

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I watched the game last night on PVR after knowing the result. Which may have altered my perception of it.
Ya another loss, but the Oilers were by far the better team, the LA goaltender made several ridiculous saves.
If the team is able to maintain this play we will be winning often.

I think you may have accidentally watched a game from 2 seasons ago?

Oilers were abysmal in the first 10 minutes and the entire 3rd period. Critical mistakes abound by key players at key times and Talbot cannot make the "save" when he is playing well, and he lets in beach balls on most other nights. Lucic negative attitude has become cancerous IMO. We have all our D playing 1 level higher than they should. Our bottom 6 cant score. Chiasson will cool off. McDavid cant do it all by himself.

And I have been grilled on this forum as being optimistic...

Missing smitty

Oct 1, 2018
Drai is a forlorn shadow of himself. Makes me wonder if he's having a hard time 'working with' Hitch. I wonder if there is still any value in some of those players that are contributing to these egregious, seemingly nightly errors. We have a lot of money tied up in suck. At this stage it really seems the 'plan' wasn't / isn't the problem.

Really like Wideman's (righty) shot from the point too. I know he made some mistakes but for a 6th rounder we may have picked up a useful player. I don't mind these small deals at all. Keep 'em coming. However I DO believe (and how couldn't anyone) the major gaffes are coming from some core players, and I am running out of faith that coaching can fix it.

Yeah, we should fill this team with plugs, that'll get us a cup.

Reactions: the mcdavid era

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I think the CFL in Halifax is going to breathe some new life into what appears to be a dying league. I doubt playing games in Mexico will do much...

Stay away from Mexico. Those migrants will probably try to smuggle into the football gear.
Halifax is a great city. Don’t know if ya ever been here but the night life is 2nd to none in Canada except St Johns.
Every event they host , they get record attendance. CIS hockey finals tourney drew great crowds. They are away this year after 4 years here. They are back after that. Basketball finals are here as well. The Memorial Cup will be a sell-out as well . I won tickets to a private box holding 10 for that.
The stadium will cost @100 mil. The proposed location is great as well. The weather usually stays good here but it can get cold. Damp cold is very hard on the bones. Our -10 is like -35 out west, cold

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
View attachment 158541 View attachment 158543

I told ya Katz is an actor. Marty Fieldman never died, it was Katz all along. Katz sure acted good when he fleeced Edmonton. He is kinda similar to that fella Peter Pocklington

In fairness Peter the not so great brought 5 cups. What has Katz brought to the party? Prescription drugs?

I still feel like I'm watching a twilight zone season of American Horror story, Oilers season.

Anybody want to photoshop that theme or make some avatars?

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Stay away from Mexico. Those migrants will probably try to smuggle into the football gear.
Halifax is a great city. Don’t know if ya ever been here but the night life is 2nd to none in Canada except St Johns.
Every event they host , they get record attendance. CIS hockey finals tourney drew great crowds. They are away this year after 4 years here. They are back after that. Basketball finals are here as well. The Memorial Cup will be a sell-out as well . I won tickets to a private box holding 10 for that.
The stadium will cost @100 mil. The proposed location is great as well. The weather usually stays good here but it can get cold. Damp cold is very hard on the bones. Our -10 is like -35 out west, cold

Was in Halifax last fall for the first time and loved it. Loved all of the Maritimes in fact and glad to see them get a team, hopefully the CFL isn't going to be a bad investment.

Reactions: RegDunlop

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
In fairness Peter the not so great brought 5 cups. What has Katz brought to the party? Prescription drugs?

I still feel like I'm watching a twilight zone season of American Horror story, Oilers season.

Katz is making B or C level movies now I think. I really hope the OBC guys all decide they want to try their hands at directing movies eventually.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

I like Halifax. When I was younger I noticed lots of coeds too. You might mention that...;)

jk aside all of New Scotland is pretty damn nice. Enjoyed everywhere we've been to there from Acadia to Cape Breton.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Katz is making B or C level movies now I think. I really hope the OBC guys all decide they want to try their hands at directing movies eventually.

We have some cast naturals for an Abbot and Costello old timers themed comedy. Cross between dumb and dumber, and the Odd couple. You know the method actors.

Reactions: oobga

Yablo21

Jul 24, 2006
Beersbie
I think you may have accidentally watched a game from 2 seasons ago?

Oilers were abysmal in the first 10 minutes and the entire 3rd period. Critical mistakes abound by key players at key times and Talbot cannot make the "save" when he is playing well, and he lets in beach balls on most other nights. Lucic negative attitude has become cancerous IMO. We have all our D playing 1 level higher than they should. Our bottom 6 cant score. Chiasson will cool off. McDavid cant do it all by himself.

And I have been grilled on this forum as being optimistic...

They were not abysmal, the kings were pressing super hard. For them to be 7-14-1, I'm positive they were not playing this way. Petterson robbed 3-4 sure goals in the first 2 periods alone.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
They were not abysmal, the kings were pressing super hard. For them to be 7-14-1, I'm positive they were not playing this way. Petterson robbed 3-4 sure goals in the first 2 periods alone.

The Oilers came in and underestimated the Kings, as the Oilers tend to do against the bottom feeders, esp bottom feeders who play backup goalies. Peterson did his job, make key saves at key times which Talbot hasn't done in over a month now.
I am an eternal optimist but I cant respectfully agree this was the Oilers game.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I like Halifax. When I was younger I noticed lots of coeds too. You might mention that...;)

jk aside all of New Scotland is pretty damn nice. Enjoyed everywhere we've been to there from Acadia to Cape Breton.
Awesome. Pretty impressed you knew Nova Scotia is New Scotland . Halifax is booming now because of the Naval Contract. There are cranes everywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Was in Halifax last fall for the first time and loved it. Loved all of the Maritimes in fact and glad to see them get a team, hopefully the CFL isn't going to be a bad investment.
What time of year did ya come? CFL is not guaranteed yet. The thing about the Maritimes is it is hard to get ahead here. Taxes are high and wages low. The big companies like Sobeys and Irving run it like an iron fist. Believe it or not, lobster fishing makes the most money. In 10 weeks, u can gross 100-200 grand in certain spots

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017

Katz spiked everyone’s drinks when he sold them the plan

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
The Oilers came in and underestimated the Kings, as the Oilers tend to do against the bottom feeders, esp bottom feeders who play backup goalies. Peterson did his job, make key saves at key times which Talbot hasn't done in over a month now.
I am an eternal optimist but I cant respectfully agree this was the Oilers game.
lol , and you can tell from a mile away L.A coming off from a stinker with Vancouver that they were going to be ready, After 27 years of shit hockey while throwing in a fluke 2006 run and the McDavid miracle from 2016 I am finally starting to accept we are truly the Cleveland Browns of the NHL.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I watched the game last night on PVR after knowing the result. Which may have altered my perception of it.
Ya another loss, but the Oilers were by far the better team, the LA goaltender made several ridiculous saves.
Goalie did play really well but it’s always the same bs, blown coverage

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
What time of year did ya come? CFL is not guaranteed yet. The thing about the Maritimes is it is hard to get ahead here. Taxes are high and wages low. The big companies like Sobeys and Irving run it like an iron fist. Believe it or not, lobster fishing makes the most money. In 10 weeks, u can gross 100-200 grand in certain spots

I found halifax to be too conservative. But they cant afford basic healthcare or school so they vote left. Deep down they still want to keep outsiders away and hoard development because they destroyed their own fishing industry.

Nice place to live in july though.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

September. Had a blast.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017

Hope you know L.A this season is by far and away the worst team in hockey.
Not sure what game were you watching. The Oilers played One period of good hockey.

The rest they were taken to the cleaners with smart common sense hockey.

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
Not sure if it's been posted yet:
We Suck Again.gif

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I found halifax to be too conservative. But they cant afford basic healthcare or school so they vote left. Deep down they still want to keep outsiders away and hoard development because they destroyed their own fishing industry.

Nice place to live in july though.

Destroyed their own fishery? Gotta disagree with ya there. The lobster and scallop fishery is booming . I think you mean the cod fishery . The cod fishery is Newfoundland and in theory Newfoundland is not considered part of the Maritimes. Maritime are PEI, NB and NS.
The newfs didn’t destroy their fishery . Letting other countries fish inside the Canadian 200 mile limit killed the fishery. I can see you have a little hatred towards Atlantic Canada with your remarks

Reactions: RegDunlop

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
It was basically a forgone conclusion that as long as Tmac was the coach and chia was the gm, we weren't reaching the playoffs especially with this roster this year.

At this point I'm just watching for McDavid and to see what hitch can bring to this team.

Somehow I still come out disappointed though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad