Speculation: Kypreos: "Some suggest Habs will take a good run at Beleskey"

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
In this video, most of the goals come from Getzlaf's playmaking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUY31jgHRF4

I have a feeling that this is gonna turn into Bourque 2.0. Just give the younger guys a chance, we have better luck with that.

These are hilights from the 2012-13 season. What do they have to do with anything?

If your opinion on a player is based on watching a YouTube highlight video from three years ago, maybe you're better off just staying out of a conversation you clearly know nothing about, no?

HabsDieHard*

These are hilights from the 2012-13 season. What do they have to do with anything?

If your opinion on a player is based on watching a YouTube highlight video from three years ago, maybe you're better off just staying out of a conversation you clearly know nothing about, no?

Beleskeys' career points per 82 game pace is 27.9.

Go and take a look at what Parenteaus' 82 game point pace was last year.

Oh yeah, and he had a %15.2 shooting percentage this year.

Whether someone would like to highlight a video from 2012/2013 or not, there is plenty of reason to be skeptical about a signing like this.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Do we need another luxury third liner?

Sadly yes. Nothing against DLR but he was not even close to be ready last year.

Patch-Plekanec-Gallagher
Galchenyuk-DD-?
?-Eller-Weise
Prust-Mitchell-DSP
Flynn

We actually do need a 30 points defensive third line winger until DLR or Hudon are ready. Need to be short term though 2 years max but ideally 1 year.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
When you get rid of one of your best prospect and mist fastest player in Etem to grab Hagelin who want more money and dont sign Beleskey, the others teams should know that the players is not that good. When the team finish with Pat Maroon on the 1st line, the others teams should know that something is realy wrong with Beleskey.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
About Beleskey specifically. I'd rather us graduate Hudon/Ghetto/Scherbak. The spot we have is on the top 6. I agree we do not need more bottom sixers unless we move some of them.

Which is another question: Beleskey VS Prust? Beleskey VS DSP? What do you think?

HabsDieHard*

About Beleskey specifically. I'd rather us graduate Hudon/Ghetto/Scherbak. The spot we have is on the top 6. I agree we do not need more bottom sixers unless we move some of them.

Which is another question: Beleskey VS Prust? Beleskey VS DSP? What do you think?

Beleskey is going to get 4+

Would I rather have him in the line up than that fat pile of trash Smith Pelley? Sure.

But do I want him in the line up for the rest of the decade at 4+?

God no.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014

Belesky just turned down a 4x4 offer from the Ducks.

So the starting price for this guy is over 4 millions for more than 4 years.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Keep the topic about Beleskey. If you feel people are veering the thread off-topic, use the report function.

Prendan Brust

Jul 31, 2003
Québec
Personnally, I couldn't care less about Beleskey at over 3 M per year. And there's no way he gets less than 4 M for a few years. He's the prototypical hot commodity that rides a hot streak into a great contract. Hopefully, the management will not fall for this.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Personnally, I couldn't care less about Beleskey at over 3 M per year. And there's no way he gets less than 4 M for a few years. He's the prototypical hot commodity that rides a hot streak into a great contract. Hopefully, the management will not fall for this.

Not to mention an incredibly weak FA class. That only adds to the inflation further.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
When you get rid of one of your best prospect and mist fastest player in Etem to grab Hagelin who want more money and dont sign Beleskey, the others teams should know that the players is not that good. When the team finish with Pat Maroon on the 1st line, the others teams should know that something is realy wrong with Beleskey.

You are free to like or dislike a player, and you're free to think someone will be a good fit or a poor fit for the team.

But you are not free to make up the reasons. The rest of us follow hockey, so we know the parts you're just fabricating.

You seem to be suggesting that the Ducks choose not to sign Beleskey and opted instead to deal off a top prospect to replace him. The Ducks offered him a four year $16 million offer and he said no.

You then go on to say that he Ducks finished with Pat Maroon on their first line. This is apparently, in your mind, a damning indictment of Matt Beleskey and, in fact, you seem to think this suggests that there is "something really wrong with Beleskey."

What the hell are you talking about and how does Pat Maroon being on the first line somehow prove anything at all about Beleskey, let alone that something is wrong with him? You realize Beleskey scored 8 goals in 16 playoff games with a shooting percentage over 17 percent right?

Beige Van

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
You are free to like or dislike a player, and you're free to think someone will be a good fit or a poor fit for the team.

But you are not free to make up the reasons. The rest of us follow hockey, so we know the parts you're just fabricating.

You seem to be suggesting that the Ducks choose not to sign Beleskey and opted instead to deal off a top prospect to replace him. The Ducks offered him a four year $16 million offer and he said no.

You then go on to say that he Ducks finished with Pat Maroon on their first line. This is apparently, in your mind, a damning indictment of Matt Beleskey and, in fact, you seem to think this suggests that there is "something really wrong with Beleskey."

What the hell are you talking about and how does Pat Maroon being on the first line somehow prove anything at all about Beleskey, let alone that something is wrong with him? You realize Beleskey scored 8 goals in 16 playoff games with a shooting percentage over 17 percent right?

Sounds like Bourque 2 years ago. That worked out great, eh?

prairie hab

Jul 4, 2007
SK
We can look at the Beleskey situation from two different perspectives:

1) The Ducks valued him enough to offer 4x4. He had an impressive playoff performance, and had a career year with regards to points.

2) This last season /playoff performance is an anomaly and he may very well never match such totals again in his career. He trends more as a 3rd/4th liner who can be a physical presence, but his offensive contributions are streaky at best.

The truth regarding Beleskey lies somewhere in the middle. If he refused 4x4 from Anaheim, I can't see him coming to Montreal at that price let alone anywhere else. I think his demands are unrealistic. As much as Bergevin said he will not chase UFAs, it will be interesting to see if anything materializes after the Parenteau buyout.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
This guy will end up on 3rd line for us in no time and we'd have one of the most expensive 3rd lines in the league.

I like Beleskey but he's a 3rd liner for me.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Belesky under 4m, I would sign.

Anything over that (which it will be) I would not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad