Kypreos calls out the league

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Sign me up for more Iginla vs Lecavalier type fights, or Ovie/Malkin trading hits and firing eachother up. Don't care for the rest of it, if you need to fight and cross the line to stay in the NHL find a different job or ride the bus.

My take on it too.

Don't need dumbass goons taking staged fights, but love the occasional real hockey passion fight like Thornton / Getzlaf etc.

cliffclaven

Nov 29, 2018
dudes are scared of suspensions/fines. EVERY hit is now scrutinized. Did he leave his feet? Was it a head shot? Was his elbow tucked? Was the hit late? It goes on and on. League, IMO, is inching closer and closer to having no contact.
This is exactly correct. The cole hit earlier this year was a textbook example. It shouldn’t have even been a penalty, let alone 5 and a game. Just like the reaves hit. That’s 2m at best for interference. But Wilson doesn’t know how a chin strap works and the hit “looked violent” so.... 5 and a game. Duncan Keith got railroaded into the boards with a bs hit from salomaki the other night.. literally could’ve broken his neck. Keith gets up, goes after him, salomaki turtles.. Keith gets 2+5+ and the gate. Nashville gets a 7m pp. there u go.

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
when you didn't grow up watching hockey with intensity, you just don't know any better.

which is why so many kids on this board equate playing with intensity to playing like a goon...

they just don't know any better.

To qualify my like; I can't say 'you don't know any better' or 'so many kids', but I will definitely agree that playing with intensity does not equate to playing like a goon. I'd love to see more body checks, but is it a change in style or a case of you can't hit what isn't there? A lot of these young players are insanely good on their edges and elude checks like I elude responsibilities.

cliffclaven

Nov 29, 2018
NHL/NFL will be little or no contact leagues within 10 years. Maybe 5. It is amazing to me how many “fans” can’t see that. What’s the over/under in years when a woman makes a team? I say 4.

Reactions: Kimota

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2