Kypreos calls out the league

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
99pyU5Ga1kwkmgdExsEkP6mdPizGKkJ2scxN9RU63e2fbGr8JHcFJ5kBTh1aCe22oGMYgeDKqQr2b76qXjYegz4QmNQn4kGb9QWY6ZsEeh9nNrNEQPyFUrCnGtCCsYF3RF

Hockey wouldn't have the same "charm" if all it's dinosaurs went extinct.

It'd be better without that "charm" though.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I'd love to hear what exactly being competitive means. Do you have to throw checks? Drop the gloves? Score goals? Kypreos was fortunate to carve out an NHL career, especially after he got rocked as many times as he has. It's even more amazing that hes on TV. Just listen to him.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
There is nothing that prevents teams from employing more physical players if they think it helps them win more games or playoff rounds.

Yes there is.

The league has made it very difficult to have success with that strategy .... Anything that even looks bad is a penalty

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Sorry.. I want talent and physicality. Nothing beats 90's and early 2000's hockey.

Id watch Red Wings Avs every night
Yeah - watching the two best and most talented teams in the league is fun.

There were 28 other teams that weren't as good. The product on the ice was absolute garbage. Anyone that actually enjoys that era has a boredom threshold far beyond that of a normal human being.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I don't disagree. Not that they should be the poster child for anything but like when the league had guys like Sean Avery and Carcillo to spark some scrap, it made the games entertaining. Any good story needs a good villain.

Those Avs-Wings rivlaries wouldn't have been that intense if Claude Lemieux wouldn't had knocked Draper face-first into the boards.

cliffclaven

Nov 29, 2018
Yeah - watching the two best and most talented teams in the league is fun.

There were 28 other teams that weren't as good. The product on the ice was absolute garbage. Anyone that actually enjoys that era has a boredom threshold far beyond that of a normal human being.
In your opinion.

cliffclaven

Nov 29, 2018
I don't disagree. Not that they should be the poster child for anything but like when the league had guys like Sean Avery and Carcillo to spark some scrap, it made the games entertaining. Any good story needs a good villain.

Those Avs-Wings rivlaries wouldn't have been that intense if Claude Lemieux wouldn't had knocked Draper face-first into the boards.
Yep. I’ve said that a few times. I hated both teams, but watched every single avs/wings game I was able to in the 90s/2000s.

Reactions: Kimota

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Whatever, Kypreos.

I always end up paying for these morons salaries some way or another.

First through my taxes, now through my cell phone bill.

member 116861

You mean Kozlov and Foote.

Jyrki Lumme

Generational User
Mar 5, 2014
So many guys trying so hard to be Don Cherry replacements. I hope to god he retires soon, so the successor can be named and we don't have deal with half a dozen people vying for his role.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->