Rumor: Kyper: Dermott and Holl available for a trade

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
That he said that analytics are in their infancy? That's your whole point?

You realize that they are, right? That's a correct statement.
Why would you use data and stats which won't even be used in 20 years to form a basis for picking a team???????????????????????? Definition of insanity ..

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Exactly it is embarrassing we are getting embarrassed in playoffs for 5 straight years and now fans have started to make team feel some financial pain which is only way they can change da paradigm
Those that constantly defend everything Dubas is what's embarrassing. Everything he touches turns to shit.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Dubie is classic case of a kid who never played who got a job he didn't deserve from his uncle and then went to school at Brock to get some paperwork and learn how to make presentations look good .. and he tricks people with analytics and presentations .. bottom line he does not have da ability to understand what it takes in pro hockey .. we have TOO many guys on this team who are not well rounded players .. TOO many skilled guys who can't skate fast .. TOO many fast guys with limited skills .. thank god we got Matty is he is closest player we got to da full package

Lou never played hockey.

Oh wait, let me say that in a way your understand

Lou never played da hockey.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Why would you use data and stats which won't even be used in 20 years to form a basis for picking a team???????????????????????? Definition of insanity ..

Why did people start using the internet in its infancy?

Why are people buying Teslas when electric cars are in its infancy?

Why did people go to the hospital when modern medicine was in its infancy?

Your point is to dismiss useful tools because they have room to grow?

Reactions: Dekes For Days

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Those that constantly defend everything Dubas is what's embarrassing. Everything he touches turns to shit.

We had a bottom 10 D and now have a top 10 D, we have a deep prospect pool hitting on later picks, which we havent done under previous regimes, we have all our star players still under contract.

No Dubas hasnt been perfect, but its ok to give him some credit.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
The conversation wasn't about Dubas and I haven't said every move he makes is gold. I've been equally critical of him as I have of any other GM. No one is happy with losing in the 1st round every year.

That won't stop you from making your snide, unintelligent remarks though. Don't let the laziness of not reading the thread get in the way of making nonsense remarks.

The conversation was about whether or not to use analytics. If you think analytics should be not used at all, it tells everyone a lot about your ability to use critical thinking.

The embarrassing part is the people that fail to give him any credit at all. Yet those are the same people that are in love with Campbell and Muzzin.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
The conversation wasn't about Dubas and I haven't said every move he makes is gold. I've been equally critical of him as I have of any other GM. No one is happy with losing in the 1st round every year.

That won't stop you from making your snide, unintelligent remarks though. Don't let the laziness of not reading the thread get in the way of making nonsense remarks.

The conversation was about whether or not to use analytics. If you think analytics should be not used at all, it tells everyone a lot about your ability to use critical thinking.

The embarrassing part is the people that fail to give him any credit at all. Yet those are the same people that are in love with Campbell and Muzzin.

Yup, the same ones who will praise Nylander and say hes fairly paid, until he needs to be lumped into an argument about the big 4's collective salary.

The same ones who are happy with Brodie, but then claim that he never did anything to improve the D.

The same ones who begged he go against the grain for Ritchie only to realize he wasnt what they were expecting (but also because they never watched him).

The same ones who complain we havent hit on a late round pick in a while, but also ignore guys drafted by Dubas who are looking promising

It is actually hilarious how hypocritical these Dubas haters are

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Yup, the same ones who will praise Nylander and say hes fairly paid, until he needs to be lumped into an argument about the big 4's collective salary.

The same ones who are happy with Brodie, but then claim that he never did anything to improve the D.

The same ones who begged he go against the grain for Ritchie only to realize he wasnt what they were expecting (but also because they never watched him).

The same ones who complain we havent hit on a late round pick in a while, but also ignore guys drafted by Dubas who are looking promising

I absolutely hate the contracts he handed out to Marner and Matthews but I can appreciate the good moves he's made as well.

The people that associate analytics with Dubas (as if he is the only person to use analytics to make decisions) and don't understand that analytics are used in their every day lives are so unintelligent. I guess all of these people keep their money under their bed. There's no way they would trust a bank!

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
I absolutely hate the contracts he handed out to Marner and Matthews but I can appreciate the good moves he's made as well.

The people that associate analytics with Dubas (as if he is the only person to use analytics to make decisions) and don't understand that analytics are used in their every day lives are so unintelligent. I guess all of these people keep their money under their bed. There's no way they would trust a bank!

The Marner contract, Matthew’s term, the Ritchie and Foligno deals were all moves I was vocally against the moment they were made. I’m a big Dubas supporter, but am not afraid to be critical of some of his bad moves.

People seem to think you have to be 100% supportive or 100% against.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
The Marner contract, Matthew’s term, the Ritchie and Foligno deals were all moves I was vocally against the moment they were made. I’m a big Dubas supporter, but am not afraid to be critical of some of his bad moves.

People seem to think you have to be 100% supportive or 100% against.
There's no middle ground allowed! Don't you know?

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada

I'm ok with Dubas, some hits and some misses.

The last point is silly though, there are some picks that have showed something, nothing really notable though, every team has late picks that show something. None have played NHL games (early still I know), and none have blown up to top prospect type of status, although Tverberg could get there if he keeps this up. I don't hate the Leafs drafting under Dubas by any stretch, but as of yet there's nothing to say it's been great.

Reactions: geo25 and ACC1224

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Dubie is classic case of a kid who never played who got a job he didn't deserve from his uncle and then went to school at Brock to get some paperwork and learn how to make presentations look good .. and he tricks people with analytics and presentations .. bottom line he does not have da ability to understand what it takes in pro hockey .. we have TOO many guys on this team who are not well rounded players .. TOO many skilled guys who can't skate fast .. TOO many fast guys with limited skills .. thank god we got Matty is he is closest player we got to da full package
Da da da dum dum dubie da….. maths are hard & scary.

Reactions: LeafChief

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Why did people start using the internet in its infancy?

Why are people buying Teslas when electric cars are in its infancy?

Why did people go to the hospital when modern medicine was in its infancy?

Your point is to dismiss useful tools because they have room to grow?
No I will pick them up in 20 years when much brighter minds have figured it out to a level well beyond a Brock grad level

Reactions: Bomber0104

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
I'm ok with Dubas, some hits and some misses.

The last point is silly though, there are some picks that have showed something, nothing really notable though, every team has late picks that show something. None have played NHL games (early still I know), and none have blown up to top prospect type of status, although Tverberg could get there if he keeps this up. I don't hate the Leafs drafting under Dubas by any stretch, but as of yet there's nothing to say it's been great.

2018:
SDA, Hollowell, Kral, Holmberg
2019:
Robertson, Kokkonen, Abramov, Abruzzese
2020:
Hirvonen, Niemela, Ovchinnikov, Miettinen, Tverberg

All have realistic NHL upside and exceeded their draft value by a ton. Now obviously most of them arent going to be game breakers, but thats a big list of players that will be cheap serviceable or even productive NHLers, in the near future.

Most drafts you expect 1 or 2 NHLers, the Leafs look like theyll exceed that.

Reactions: stickty111

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Lou never played hockey.

Oh wait, let me say that in a way your understand

Lou never played da hockey.
8D36A7A2-D031-48BA-981A-B565E28B8EF1.jpeg

That’s not true. He was the captain of his Providence College team.

Very different than a guy who didn’t make it out of minor hockey.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
View attachment 478434
That’s not true. He was the captain of his Providence College team.

Very different than a guy who didn’t make it out of minor hockey.

sorry not to be rude but how good was college hockey in like the 40s?

american programs haven’t been at all comparable to Canadian until what the 90s at a bare minimum. More like 2005 plus.

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
It's hard to understand the fools who complain about Kyle Dubas. The Leafs are an upper echelon team who needs a goalie and for the stars to play to their potential

Most teams are worse off and instead of Kyle Dubas. Imagine the team with a clown like Marc Bergevin in charge. The grass may look greener with imagined results from other GMs, but all have the same salary cap restraints and all in all, Dubas is doing a better job than most other GMs.

Getting rid of Dubas would be a serious mistake and he would be picked up by another team in a heartbeat. Meanwhile he would have to be replaced, but with whom? The Leafs haven't done better with superstars like Lou Lamoriello as GM or Mike Babcock as coach, so exactly who would be a replacement for Dubas that would do better? Name a replacement that is available by name if you want to complain about Dubas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad