Confirmed with Link: Kyle Palmieri, Travis Zajac (both @50%) for AJ Greer, M Jobst, 21 1st, cdnl 22/23 3rd/4th

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
Quick Question: Did Wally play on the left side and KP on the right last night? Thoughts on if all on the same line are righties. Does it matter???

Thanks
i believe you are right, at least for part of the game. pretty sure that Brandon mentioned it, as well as Palmieri plays best at RW.

that line did look good. all the lines looked good.

we are about as ready as i have ever seen.

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
i believe you are right, at least for part of the game. pretty sure that Brandon mentioned it, as well as Palmieri plays best at RW. i think that Wally may be really good on his off wing, cutting toward center and letting a shot rip. just gotta keep his head up!

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Hopefully KP and Zajac continue to get comfortable, save the best for last and go on a run in the playoffs. Do that and I don't care about the early struggles.
What happens in the playoffs determines the net result of the trade. Sadly, there are a LOT of Isles fans secretly wanting the Isles to lose just so they can flame Lou and the 1st round pick so they can feel they are right.

Reactions: MJF

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
What happens in the playoffs determines the net result of the trade. Sadly, there are a LOT of Isles fans secretly wanting the Isles to lose just so they can flame Lou and the 1st round pick so they can feel they are right.
Because deep down a lot of those people wanted a spreadsheet GM who would have brought in more xGF speedsters. Not a “78 year old out of touch hardass”.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Because deep down a lot of those people wanted a spreadsheet GM who would have brought in more xGF speedsters. Not a “78 year old out of touch hardass”.
Yup...and build it like that dynasty in Tampa!

What's funny is that all these people fail to see a winning playoff contending team right before their eyes. They have been tops in the division for 3 years in a row. Lou has significantly improved the team. But, these people honestly act the same whether the Isles are tops in the standings, in the playoffs, or playing for lotto contention. It's all in their own mind of 'how I would do it' is the comparable.

Reactions: MJF

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Yup...and build it like that dynasty in Tampa!

What's funny is that all these people fail to see a winning playoff contending team right before their eyes. They have been tops in the division for 3 years in a row. Lou has significantly improved the team. But, these people honestly act the same whether the Isles are tops in the standings, in the playoffs, or playing for lotto contention. It's all in their own mind of 'how I would do it' is the comparable.
But...but....we can't scoooorrrreeee

Oh yeah, and Lou destroyed the Devils.

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls
i believe you are right, at least for part of the game. pretty sure that Brandon mentioned it, as well as Palmieri plays best at RW.

It looks like KP maybe settling in. A couple of aggressive plays around the net besides the goal. Would be great timing if so.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
It looks like KP maybe settling in. A couple of aggressive plays around the net besides the goal. Would be great timing if so.
I think he was settling in before Saturday. He had some good games with Nelson and Pageau where he was moving his legs, getting some good offensive looks but not able to convert.

Tahoeblue

Nov 29, 2019
Reno/Tahoe

Thanks for the response. Sh%t is about to get real now!!!

LGI

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017

All other things equal (I do not know the circumstances surrounding Buffalo's ask, salary retention, and Hall's wishes) I believe the Boston package would have been a better fit. But I'm ignorant about the circumstances, and nobody relying on mundane means really seems to know any more than I do. So any criticism of LL's decision IMO must be qualified by that. Must be nice to be able to divine what people secretly want.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
giphy.gif

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
surprise surprise, it took Palms a little to adjust, and he, like advertised, is a playoff gamer

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Travis Zajac comes up big in elimination game 6. You just had to know he would come into play at some point this playoffs. Had a great game. Showed his experience, one assist. Strong on the puck, smart plays all night and finished +2. Don't want to know what if the Isles went with someone else. Senile Lou strikes again. Makes an impact tonight to eliminate the Penguins.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Travis Zajac comes up big in elimination game 6. You just had to know he would come into play at some point this playoffs. Had a great game. Showed his experience, one assist. Strong on the puck, smart plays all night and finished +2. Don't want to know what if the Isles went with someone else. Senile Lou strikes again. Makes an impact tonight to eliminate the Penguins.

Don't forget the goal he saved(I believe it was in the first period)

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Don't forget the goal he saved(I believe it was in the first period)
You need depth to go deep in the playoffs, and you need good depth players to win the cup. Gives us options down the line. I don't know if this team wins or loses this series without Palmieri and Zajac. But I do know it would have been darn harder. Glad they are contributing.

Islander Class

Jun 30, 2018
South Carolina
Isles should sign Palmieri. He's shown me everything that a player should be in a TDL pick up. He's also a prototypical Islander. Get it done Lou.

Agreed. It took a hot minute to see it- but Palmieri slots perfectly into our system/culture- and has that extra little goalscoring “finish” to his game that we desperately need (even w/Lee’s return). Would be difficult to acquire the same again.

Reactions: The Winter Soldier

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad