Confirmed with Link: Kyle Palmieri, Travis Zajac (both @50%) for AJ Greer, M Jobst, 21 1st, cdnl 22/23 3rd/4th

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
In future games they should try Palmieri with Barzal, i think that 2 goals in limited play together. All that being aid for next game I put Palmieri on the line Bergeron isn't facing(basically stack the offense against the weaker lines)

Reactions: The Winter Soldier

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
Agreed. It took a hot minute to see it- but Palmieri slots perfectly into our system/culture- and has that extra little goalscoring “finish” to his game that we desperately need (even w/Lee’s return). Would be difficult to acquire the same again.

I'm sold. Been eating a ton of crow. I just can't stomach keeping Eberle and signing Palmieri. I wonder if that is a swap Lou can or would arrange.

Move Eberle and his salary, give that money to Kyle. Eberle still has skill and trade value, I think we could get a less proven middle 6er for him from a team looking to add some finesse to their lineup.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I'm sold. Been eating a ton of crow. I just can't stomach keeping Eberle and signing Palmieri. I wonder if that is a swap Lou can or would arrange.

Move Eberle and his salary, give that money to Kyle. Eberle still has skill and trade value, I think we could get a less proven middle 6er for him from a team looking to add some finesse to their lineup.
+1 Sold. Palmieri has shown me to be a bull terrier. He's not big, but he plays big. Much bigger than Eberle. He and Pageau are almost mirror images as players. I would move Eberle to have Palmieri on the team. He should be on Barzal's wing, but right now I trust him on Pageau's since this they are getting the Bergeron line. Just like JGP, it took him a bit to figure out the system/role Barry wanted him to play, right now he looks invaluable. I can only imagine him on a line with Lee and Barzal. Maybe unstoppable next year.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020

Gotta find someone to take on his cash bump for next season, not gonna be easy.

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
I think the only reason why Trotz kept 47 to top line is because he can take face-off, an area 13 can be outmatched. Lee can win face-offs because he played the center position quite often during his college years. Otherwise it is no brainer that 21 should be a better option for the top line.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
In future games they should try Palmieri with Barzal, i think that 2 goals in limited play together. All that being aid for next game I put Palmieri on the line Bergeron isn't facing(basically stack the offense against the weaker lines)
I think trots will do it for a couple of shifts but not on a regular basis.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
jack-gif1.gif

If Palm's keeps this up I am verrrrrry interested in retaining, assuming the price is right.

Ditto Zajac. Both are playing great - seems like they just needed some time to adjust.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
The following must be taken into consideration right now:
- Each of Beau, Pelech, and Sorokin are RFAs this summer.
- As things stand now, there is no space for a player who is going to require upwards of 3 MM per.
- We need Seattle to pluck away a high-priced player. Doesn't help our cap situation in the least if they grab, say, Bellows.

All in all, I see no possibility of retaining a guy like Palmieri unless we are able to dish off Eberle somehow. And that would be VERY difficult. He has the following:
"CLAUSE DETAILS: Modified NTC beginning 2021-22: Player submits a 16 team no trade list."

That doesn't kick in this summer, if I understand that correctly.

JKP

Sep 19, 2004
Halifax, NS
- As things stand now, there is no space for a player who is going to require upwards of 3 MM per.
- We need Seattle to pluck away a high-priced player. Doesn't help our cap situation in the least if they grab, say, Bellows.

All in all, I see no possibility of retaining a guy like Palmieri unless we are able to dish off Eberle somehow. And that would be VERY difficult. He has the following:
"CLAUSE DETAILS: Modified NTC beginning 2021-22: Player submits a 16 team no trade list."

I would assume that starts at the beginning of the new league year, which traditionally is July 1, but I imagine may not be until Aug 1 this year (given the draft is July 23-24).

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020

Eberle has a cash kicker in his contract this year as a deterrent to expansion.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I wonder if Zajac would take a Greene type contract at his age next season. He's made his money in the game, perhaps Lou can persuade him to return. I like his game in the playoffs too, he is the lesser profiled player in this trade, but boy he has been steady as a rock, and wins his share of puck battles.

Reactions: Olliemets and MJF

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I wonder if Zajac would take a Greene type contract at his age next season. He's made his money in the game, perhaps Lou can persuade him to return. I like his game in the playoffs too, he is the lesser profiled player in this trade, but boy he has been steady as a rock, and wins his share of puck battles.
If Zajac doesn't mind being a Black Ace some nights I'd like it if he signed an Andy Greene-type contract. Center depth is a valuable commodity.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
If Zajac doesn't mind being a Black Ace some nights I'd like it if he signed an Andy Greene-type contract. Center depth is a valuable commodity.
You know what? Older players are taking league mins for a shot at a cup. I can only speculate but I am sure he is enjoying a playoff run with Greene. The room I keep hearing is tight and guys hang out with each other. At this stage of his career, he doesn't have to move, we have a new arena, he's on a contender, he and Lou have a lot of history, it's all good. 800K to play hockey in your backyard. Sign me up.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
It seems likely. Zajac is aging out and he can chase a bigger deal, but we’ve seen the cap is tight and there is no money for these ‘old guys.’

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
You know what? Older players are taking league mins for a shot at a cup. I can only speculate but I am sure he is enjoying a playoff run with Greene. The room I keep hearing is tight and guys hang out with each other. At this stage of his career, he doesn't have to move, we have a new arena, he's on a contender, he and Lou have a lot of history, it's all good. 800K to play hockey in your backyard. Sign me up.

Didn't he just mention how he didn't fit in the locker room in New Jersey because of his age but he felt pretty comfortable with the Islanders? Wouldn't surprise me if he tried to stick around or if he was a replacement for Cizikas should he walk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad