Rumor: Kyle Dubas travels to to NYC to take in the flames vs rangers game. Why?

MattyNew91

Jul 5, 2018
I would say Toronto lost that deal. Andersen needs to pick it up in the playoffs and although kapanen has had a good start to the season he still has a lot to prove. Plus I never said teams trading the best player always loses the deal. But most do b
He's probaly the biggest reason why we get there considering he plays and faces more shots than any other goalie. We have a young team in front still having to learn the game at the nhl level. I'd take a top 10 goalie over a top 10 winger any day. Now add in a top prospect like kapanen Id say we didn't lose that trade.

Reactions: The Man with a Plan

MattyNew91

Jul 5, 2018
Kessel > Andersen and Kapanen. Kessel is a top 10 winger. high end goalies arent worth as much as high end forwards. Kapanen doesnt close that gap
Id take a top 10 goalie over a top 10 winger. Plus we got a top prospect who is starting to show what he can do even if it's early. We didn't lose the trade. Sorry but we didn't.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
He's probaly the biggest reason why we get there considering he plays and faces more shots than any other goalie. We have a young team in front still having to learn the game at the nhl level. I'd take a top 10 goalie over a top 10 winger any day. Now add in a top prospect like kapanen Id say we didn't lose that trade.
Again. We didn’t get Andersen in the kessel deal. We got him after.

Leaf19

Dec 25, 2013

Even disregarding any of that... no way we finish last place and get Matthews if Kessel is still on the team. That alone leaves me with no regrets. Could we have gotten more from the trade? I think so... but Kessel's no-trade list really limited the amount of options and in the end it worked out for everyone involved so I am happy.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
So turning that 1st into an asset like Anderson shouldn't count got it.
You’re missing the point. Pittsburgh won the kessel trade. Which was my whole point to begin with. It was a bad trade(one that had to be made though). But Anything that happens after has nothing to do with the Pittsburgh trade.

MattyNew91

Jul 5, 2018
You didn’t get the top 10 goalie from Pittsburgh.
Nope but we got their 1st. You can't look at a trade like this and determine who won it at the beginning. You have to see how the assets turn out from the trade you can't determine right when it happens bc we were in rebuild mode and they weren't.

MattyNew91

Jul 5, 2018
BUt you didn’t get Andersen from Pittsburgh.

You can't look at a trade like this and determine who won it at the beginning. You have to see how the assets turn out from the trade you can't determine right when it happens bc we were in rebuild mode and they weren't.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
:huh:

LHD:
Provy
Ghost
Sanheim
Hagg
AMac
Morin(hurt)

RHD:
Gudas
Folin

According to capfriendly, Gudas, Folin, Ghost, AMac and Sanheim make up the right handlers, while Provy and Hagg make up the LD

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
You can't look at a trade like this and determine who won it at the beginning. You have to see how the assets turn out from the trade you can't determine right when it happens bc we were in rebuild mode and they weren't.
Of course you can. It was a bad trade. I’m talking the actual trade. Not anything that happened after. Just because you want to look at it 3 years later after a couple of pieces were shuffled elsewhere doesn’t mean it wasn’t a bad trade.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
According to capfriendly, Gudas, Folin, Ghost, AMac and Sanheim make up the right handlers, while Provy and Hagg make up the LD

Gudas and Gostisbehere play on the right side. Gostisbehere is a lefty while Gudas is a righty. Sanheim has played RD in the AHL, but he's played better on his natural handed side. Hagg and MacDonald both have played RD. Whether or not those two look better on their off sides is a matter for debate that no one wants to have.

Folin and Gudas are the only two Flyers RHD in the NHL. Friedman and Myers are two righties who are relatively close to promotion.

MattyNew91

Jul 5, 2018
Of course you can. It was a bad trade. I’m talking the actual trade. Not anything that happened after. Just because you want to look at it 3 years later after a couple of pieces were shuffled elsewhere doesn’t mean it wasn’t a bad trade.

Yeah that's how you look at a trade when one team was rebuilding and the other wasn't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad