LeBrun: " Kyle Dubas is listening to everyone on his roster outside of his "core guys" "

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
The Kyle experience so far has been a train wreck. Love to see it.

dubas.jpg

trades.jpg

Leafs fans obsession with clowning Dubas no matter what is legitimately embarrassing.
No more embarrassing than the rest of the fan bases obsession with the leafs.

Reactions: hotpaws

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Remember though, the Penguins aren't rebuilding, they're still going to want to compete next year. So a 1st coming in then back out for a help-now player wouldn't be out of the question or realm of expectations.
I expect him to use that tactic. Tbh

It’s a feel good move. That’s for sure

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
I wonder if they shop Jarry this summer. I know he reupped last summer but the Pens could use a re-tool and it makes no sense to keep a 5M dollar goalie. Jarry would get interest around the league. Move him while he's still young.

Woodrow

Dec 8, 2005
I wonder if they shop Jarry this summer. I know he reupped last summer but the Pens could use a re-tool and it makes no sense to keep a 5M dollar goalie. Jarry would get interest around the league. Move him while he's still young.
$5 million for starting goalies isn't that much these days.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
The Kyle experience so far has been a train wreck. Love to see it.

View attachment 823376
View attachment 823377

No more embarrassing than the rest of the fan bases obsession with the leafs.
Which one of those is the "train wreck" exactly?

The rest of the fan bases do NOT have a Leafs obsession. We are have a Leafs fans/organization hangover where we are sick of having to hear about them, especially given a VERY decisive lack of success. Same reason why I don't go on Instagram and tiktok to watch video of girls with caked on makeup with no personality who are screaming for attention. Me expressing my disdain for that is NOT being obsessed with them. It's quite the opposite.

Last edited:

Woodrow

Dec 8, 2005
Which one of those is the "train wreck" exactly?

The rest of the fan base does NOT have a Leafs obsession. We are have a Leafs fans/organization hangover where we are sick of having to hear about them, especially given a VERY decisive lack of success. Same reason why I don't go on Instagram and tiktok to watch video of girls with caked on makeup with no personality who are screaming for attention. Me expressing my disdain for that is NOT being obsessed with them. It's quite the opposite.
Ya I don't think he's been a trainwreck at all. I do think he's massively handcuffed with the mandate he has. Not being allowed to trade the core players is going to leave the Pens in rough shape for a long time.

Reactions: BillyOcean

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I think people are ignoring 2 things when they talk about the Penguins trading one of the core guys:

1. They all have ultra restrictive NMCs that would dramatically hurt their value.
2. Letang definitely and Malkin probably have immovable deals due to the term left on their deals.

Karlsson is the only guy that makes any sense to trade, and that's something to explore in like 2 years when his deal is almost done.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
That'd be enough for me but we have a couple other nice pieces, Jarry and Petts. Petts in particular.

Jerry just a signed long term deal and with how fickle goalies can be, I don't think a team (even a semi desperate one like the Devils) would be willing to take that on.

Pettersson, yes.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Jerry just a signed long term deal and with how fickle goalies can be, I don't think a team (even a semi desperate one like the Devils) would be willing to take that on.

Pettersson, yes.
Pettersson is an absolute stud on our blue line. And he has a year left at around a 4 mil cap hit.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Ya I don't think he's been a trainwreck at all. I do think he's massively handcuffed with the mandate he has. Not being allowed to trade the core players is going to leave the Pens in rough shape for a long time.
End of the day Pitt can decide to stop moving prospects and picks for now players like they did acquiring EK. Nothing is going to change from these past 3 seasons where Pitt is on the borderline of the WC race. No significant help is on the way.

If their core wanted to leave they should have already done so when their contracts expired in the past year or so. Sid is due up in 2025 as well. The fact that the old core signed and stayed means they aren’t going anywhere.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
I’m assuming Pettersson is included in that core, but if he’s not I’d happily give up a lot for him.

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018

Pettersson, yes.
I think someone would bite on Jarry. He is having a really good year.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
I think the Devils would probably kick the tires on Jarry if he would be available.

Might be a Goldilocks situation, Markstrom's too old/expensive and Saros is very expensive.

If the Penguins placed the Value on Jarry a bit lower then Saro's then the Devils would probably bite.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I think the Devils would probably kick the tires on Jarry if he would be available.

Might be a Goldilocks situation, Markstrom's too old/expensive and Saros is very expensive.

If the Penguins placed the Value on Jarry a bit lower then Saro's then the Devils would probably bite.
Everyone is on the table for me. Team rather lose then fire Sullivan so idgaf anymore.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010

I would expect the value of Jarry to be similar to that of Saros.

In division, I think you're looking at Holtz or Mercer quite honestly. Something like: Jarry+Poulin for Holtz/Mercer+Schmid. Something like that where it's helps balance things out with a secondary asset.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
I find it hilarious when Leafs fans come in these threads to talk trash on Dubas, while Treliving is doing things like handing Ryan Reaves a 3 year deal for the Leafs.
what's hilarious is you believing mentioning Reaves who can easily be buried at a minimal cap penalty is some weird defense of the brutal off season moves Dubas made

i just have to start at the more minor moves like Accari for 3 yrs at 2m per to show how incompetent Dubas is

• Haha
Reactions: sanscosm

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I think people are ignoring 2 things when they talk about the Penguins trading one of the core guys:

1. They all have ultra restrictive NMCs that would dramatically hurt their value.
2. Letang definitely and Malkin probably have immovable deals due to the term left on their deals.

Karlsson is the only guy that makes any sense to trade, and that's something to explore in like 2 years when his deal is almost done.
Letang and Malkin were UFA in 2022. Could have just left via UFA vs sign and stay in Pitt. At their ages, likely have no desire to leave if they decided to sign with the Pens when they did.

Pitt has no other choice but to just play out their contracts. Neither Malkin nor Letang are anything terrible cap hit wise in the $6 mill range. Letang's deal, can't see it being moved since the last 2 years have $3.8 mill in SB and just a $1 mill base salary, so no buyout option for a team to get off the player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad