LeBrun: " Kyle Dubas is listening to everyone on his roster outside of his "core guys" "

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
I still dont get the trade for Karlsson either.. imho

I don't get much of what PIT's goal is at all. If you want to let Crosby/Malkin retire as Pens, I get that, but why the hell are you still buying for a team whose time has passed?

If they sell finally sell this year, that puts them on the 17-18 season of the Red Wings' timeline. Let me tell ya, the 5 years following 17-18 were pretty grim.

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
I don't get much of what PIT's goal is at all. If you want to let Crosby/Malkin retire as Pens, I get that, but why the hell are you still buying for a team whose time has passed?
As Wings fans we should see the writing on that wall. It's what the Wings did before the streak was broken. Patchwork that only leads to a longer rebuild.

Reactions: JohanFranzenstein

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
As Wings fans we should see the writing on that wall. It's what the Wings did before the streak was broken. Patchwork that only leads to a longer rebuild.

I think the one difference here might be that Detroit was done trading picks well before they started selling players in 2017-2018... Problem is their drafting was rancid in the 2015/2016/2017.

BUT, if we're comparing PIT this year to the 2017-2018 Red Wings, I don't see anything close to a U23 player like Larkin anywhere in that organization. Or even Mantha/Bertuzzi/Hronek.

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
I think the one difference here might be that Detroit was done trading picks well before they started selling players in 2017-2018... Problem is their drafting was rancid in the 2015/2016/2017.

BUT, if we're comparing PIT this year to the 2017-2018 Red Wings, I don't see anything close to a U23 player like Larkin anywhere in that organization. Or even Mantha/Bertuzzi/Hronek.
Thinking more about the deals and contracts that lead up to the long rebuild. Waited a long time before started selling. When Lidstrom retired is when the rebuild should have started, imo.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Would they actually move Guentzel?

Would be jokes to see Dubas spend a 1st in the summer for Karlsson just to tear everything down a few months later.
All depends on contract negotiation and his demands, yes there is a very good chance he is moved rather than lose him July 1st for absolutely nothing

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Nope, just Crosby, Malkin and Letang. EK has done nothing in a Pens uniform.
You are definitely saying this out of pure emotion and spite.

I'm sorry, but you need to read this:

"Pittsburgh sent a 2024 first-round pick, forward Mikael Granlund and defenceman Jan Rutta to San Jose and goaltender Casey DeSmith, defenceman Jeff Petry, a 2025 second-round pick and prospect Nathan Legare to Montreal as part of the deal for the three-time Norris Trophy winner."

A lot of assets out the door for EK. There is no way Dubas is going to add him to the Garage Sale.

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
My list I assume..

Reilly Smith - 3rd round pick?
Ned - 3rd or 4th?
Petttersson - two 2nds?
Jake - 1st, prospect, roster dump
Lars Eller - 3rd?
Rakell - Bad cap swap?
Jeff Carter - Absolutely nothing, but maybe goes to a contender with 50% and a third team eating cap for like a 5th and a 7th ala Nick Bonino last year.
Ruhwedel - 6th or 7th.
Not sure they are worth much to other teams.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
They're roster is so "meh" outside the core players. Like no actually intrigues me at all outside of Jake Guentzel

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
You are definitely saying this out of pure emotion and spite.

I'm sorry, but you need to read this:

"Pittsburgh sent a 2024 first-round pick, forward Mikael Granlund and defenceman Jan Rutta to San Jose and goaltender Casey DeSmith, defenceman Jeff Petry, a 2025 second-round pick and prospect Nathan Legare to Montreal as part of the deal for the three-time Norris Trophy winner."

A lot of assets out the door for EK. There is no way Dubas is going to add him to the Garage Sale.
He got rid of negative value contracts by paying picks and essentially got Karlsson for free or close to it.

It was worth the gamble at the cost but he has not worked here. Coaching hasn’t helped, but Mike Sullivan is czar and will never get fired so might as well retain and get another sucker to take on Karlsson.

It won’t happen because it would be admitting he made a mistake, but it would be best for the organization.

Reactions: Le Magnifique 66

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Lars Eller - another year after his deal. Honestly has Been better than expected this season.
3rd round pick and a 4th round pick maybe.

Ned - guy would bolster up a team to make a tandem surprisingly goaltending is not our problem this year
3rd round pick

Rielly Smith - no retention extra year has struggled with the Penguins but had multiple great seasons with Vegas.
2nd or 3rd

Petterson - I don't think we trade him our LD would look horrendous if we do I expect a Hanafin return.

Rakell - player for player swap

Guentzel - see Lindholm / Giroux returns and that is what is expected.

Jeff Carter - bag of pucks.

Reactions: Le Magnifique 66

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad