LeBrun: " Kyle Dubas is listening to everyone on his roster outside of his "core guys" "

jd22

Aug 16, 2008
Texel, Netherlands
The Canucks wish to collect all the Petterssons. What would it take? Have to think the Canucks would fork over two seconds quite easily. Possibly a first, third and a B prospect?

Of course, the Canucks don't have a 1st or 2nd this year. And I imagine Pittsburgh wants picks sooner than 2025 onwards. Am I off base if Pitts would accept a 2025 1st, 3rd, Raty?

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
The Canucks wish to collect all the Petterssons. What would it take? Have to think the Canucks would fork over two seconds quite easily. Possibly a first, third and a B prospect?

Of course, the Canucks don't have a 1st or 2nd this year. And I imagine Pittsburgh wants picks sooner than 2025 onwards. Am I off base if Pitts would accept a 2025 1st, 3rd, Raty?
@Luigi Lemieux

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
The Penguins are that guy who stays past last call and wakes up in a "bad situation". You won your cups. It's time to have the conversations and move on. Adding Karlsson to this was a mistake. All your main ingredients are expired. You can't spice your way out of this.

Merc29

Sid ney Cr os by
Jul 3, 2006
Minot, ND
The Penguins are that guy who stays past last call and wakes up in a "bad situation". You won your cups. It's time to have the conversations and move on. Adding Karlsson to this was a mistake. All your main ingredients are expired. You can't spice your way out of this.
It’s not (most of) the players but the coaches need relieved of their duties. This is not a Sullivan bash by no means. He’s a great coach and will win another cup, but with a different team. He all speed and doesn’t know how to maximize older players.

Reactions: DickSmehlik

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
My list I assume..

Reilly Smith - 3rd round pick?
Ned - 3rd or 4th?
Petttersson - two 2nds?
Jake - 1st, prospect, roster dump
Lars Eller - 3rd?
Rakell - Bad cap swap?
Jeff Carter - Absolutely nothing, but maybe goes to a contender with 50% and a third team eating cap for like a 5th and a 7th ala Nick Bonino last year.
Ruhwedel - 6th or 7th.
What is the latest on Rakell?

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
What is the latest on Rakell?

Struggled mightily at the start of the season but was also dealing with an injury. Since coming back from the IR he's been fairly productive but has a very low shooting percentage. But not being able to finish has been a symptom of these Sullivan Penguins these last few years.

He's a middle six forward who does a little bit of everything. And, personally, I think he's on a pretty reasonable contract.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Struggled mightily at the start of the season but was also dealing with an injury. Since coming back from the IR he's been fairly productive by has a very low shooting percentage. But not being able to finish has been a symptom of these Sullivan Penguins these last few years.

He's a middle six forward who does a little bit of everything. And, personally, I think he's on a pretty reasonable contract.
I think this is our price range and a decent target for Florida, little skill, and defensively not a liability, interesting.

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain

Not far off but I think Pens find a better offer on the market. Vancouver 1st is more or less an early 2nd at this point and time.

jd22

Aug 16, 2008
Texel, Netherlands
Not far off but I think Pens find a better offer on the market. Vancouver 1st is more or less an early 2nd at this point and time.

Yeah, true, though I doubt the Canucks are fighting for the presidents trophy at this point next season. To my eyes, they are a top 10 team playing as a top 3 team right now. But we'll see.

What would get it done from Vancouver? I'm hesitant to suggest it, but would Lekkerimakki get it done? I'm not sold that is the best move for Vancouver - they need someone to replace Boeser at a lower cap hit. But in terms of value, what do you reckon?

Otherwise, what would the Pens (realistically) look for in a picks + prospect deal? Willander is off the table.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
They aren't sexy names and I don't see expect the moon, but Accari, Eller, Ruhwedel, Nieto, Nedeljkovic, and Carter are all guys that playoff teams would look at as solid veteran depth for a deep run.

Ruhwedel is a right shot defenseman with a cup ring. Perfect 7th guy as injury insurance.

Ned is quietly putting up very good numbers. If you have no goalie he's probably better than yours. He doesn't have the name of a guy like Fleury, but his current results are much more attractive.

Accari, Eller, and Nieto are all solid penalty killers that can fill out of bottom 6.

Carter isn't worth anything, but GMs love veteran guys that have won so maybe one of them falls in love with the idea of 2012 Jeff Carter.

The next tier up would be Smith and Rust that are legitimate top 6 options with cup pedigree. The money and term is harder to manage here and the Penguins don't need to force them out, but the right team might decide one of these guys is their target.

The premium options are Pettersson and Guentzel. I don't move either guy for less than a 1st and another good asset.

Rakell and Graves aren't untouchable, but I don't see anyone falling in love with these guys and I don't see the Penguins feeling the need to dump them just to dump them.

That leaves Crosby, Malkin, Letang, Karlsson, Jarry as the keepers. Jarry and Karlsson could probably go too, but those seem like offseason type deals.

Reactions: Luigi Lemieux

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Ray didn’t have his name on the Cup. Sid…. He’s one it a bunch.

Definitely an invalid comparison.

Any 4C type to move?
Lars Eller has been good this year, excellent pk'er. 3c for us, good 4c for a contender.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
For a second there I was wondering why Toronto was selling/retooling..
Pens are just a little older version of the leafs................if you don't change the core, then expect the same old same old.....with the Pens, the key word is old.
There is some hurt coming for the Pens....
They need to go on a 7-8 game winstreak...........can you see that happening?

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
It will be interesting to see what the Penguin ownership group allows Dubas to do. Beyond his current dumpster diving will he be able to rebuild for the future?

Ownership groups today don't seem to have the stomach for what happens after the good times are done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad