Kuznetsov : 21st player in NHL history to reach 30 points

CapsDC

May 2, 2018
I find this debate perplexing. Most times when you debate two great players they're on different teams(like Ovechkin/Crosby). Kuz and Backstrom are on the same team. The Caps have them both and they're both great, who cares who is better. Oh wait I forgot DDRhockey is Backstrom's mom, makes sense now. Carry on

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
lol Backstrom gets so overrated for being a quiet all-around swedish player and the token pick for "look at me I appreciate this underrated guy therefore I know hockey real good". He's far less effective than he was before now that the top players have Kuznetsov's speed making him look like Jason Allison in comparison. Most of his hockey smarts are used to make up for missing the extra step at this point.

Reactions: CapsJunkie

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
This is the post that brought up Backstrom.

I’ve got nothing against Bäckström really. I’m not emotionally invested in his team either, for or against. I like his playmaking skills on the PP. But, he’s always come across a bit scared of the spotlight. These playoffs, Ovi and Kuz are splitting the Gs and As. We all know Bäckström can shoot the puck (not these playoffs with his hand, but before) since he scored 30+ goals one year, but he’s seldomly done it. I hope he can play a good role in the finals now though....

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
This is the post that brought up Backstrom. Both are playing well this playoffs. Kuznetsov is leading the scoring and has had great chemistry with Ovie. For Washington Backstrom is third in scoring despite missing games and then playing with a broken finger.
They might not be where they are without either of them. Don't really see any need to disparage the play of either to make the other look better.
Exactly that guy brought it up it was disrespectful to backstrom what he has done to caps. I know caps fans hate him but still.

I hope bird celly fails in the finals that is my wish

KnoccOut

Dec 23, 2008
Toronto
Truth be told, it's a fictional character from a cartoon my granddaughter likes. Yes, I understand what it means to make your kids/grandkids happy.

Good for Kuznetzov if it makes his daughter happy, still ridiculous.

It' just a game ... take it easy brother

Tuna Tatarrrrrr

Here Is The Legendary Rat Of HFBoards! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jun 13, 2012
Exactly that guy brought it up it was disrespectful to backstrom what he has done to caps. I know caps fans hate him but still.

I hope bird celly fails in the finals that is my wish
Still crying on the Kuznetsov's celly? Your constant whining about it is much worse.

Sentinel

May 26, 2009
New Jersey
www.vvinenglish.com
I agree with those who think this playoffs does not make Backstrom's place in history look good. He was clearly not good enough to be the 1C for a Cup contender, while the team itself looked better. Ovechkin was always good-to-great, but as far as the rest of the team... well, the blame should start with Backstrom. Retroactively.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
What the hell? Backstrom has been great these playoffs. Of course a team is going to look better when they get a second elite center coming into his own.

I can think of another significant team that’s won some things recently with two elite centers. Does it diminish either of their legacies too?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad