News Article: Kuzma reports on potential Miller trade

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I would choose 5 targets on this list of 23 or younger RHD and go for it. In fact I would try to bring in two. Clearly guys like Makar and McAvoy won't be available but clearly others could be had in a trade involving Miller.

Filters on Capfriendly: Defense, 23 or younger, right shot, sorted by draft position, cut off at Jett Woo.

View attachment 483354

Thanks for the list. I don't think there are 5 good realistic targets. I would go for quality over getting an extra pick throw in.

Dobson, if possible, makes a ton of sense except the Islanders went from Cup contenders to being at the bottom of the standings so unless they think adding Miller can key a turnaround...

No idea what Columbus would do but they are in the playoff race and their retool might move their timeline up a bit. Boqvist has a ton of potential and the named player coming over in the Jones trade, but right now it looks like he's playing more of a 3rd pairing Dman. With Bean and Peake ahead on the depth chart, Boqvist could be expendable. Miller is an Ohio native whose heart was in Pittsburgh growing up.

Fabbro is a Vancouver native and a player many of us have been interested in for years. But Nashville isn't as deep on D in top 4 Dmen as in previous years and Fabbro is currently their 1st pairing right side Dman. I don't see Nashville moving Fabbro.

Liljegren seems to be coming into his own so I'm interested again. They could use an upgrade over the left side.

I hear Foote's name bandied about but that's a player you trade a 2nd or failed prospect for if you like him.

Many of the guys on the list are straight up Nos either because it's not realistic or they aren't good enough.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
I would have guessed that we are in the Aqua as acting GM phase that Gillis was in at the Kesler trade deadline…

I honestly don’t care who makes what trade as long as we get better but until a trade happens then Im not gonna worry about it.

This could even be info the Canucks have feed to Kuzma as a warning to Miller he doesn’t have a no trade and could be sent anywhere if he doesn’t stop sucking.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I would have guessed that we are in the Aqua as acting GM phase that Gillis was in at the Kesler trade deadline…

I honestly don’t care who makes what trade as long as we get better but until a trade happens then Im not gonna worry about it.

This could even be info the Canucks have feed to Kuzma as a warning to Miller he doesn’t have a no trade and could be sent anywhere if he doesn’t stop sucking.
Last time I checked, he was leading the Canucks in points..

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Interesting time for him to take a maintence day. Honestly no one on this team should be off limits if you can find the right trade/value

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Interesting time for him to take a maintence day. Honestly no one on this team should be off limits if you can find the right trade/value

Didn’t Miller grow up in the Pittsburgh area? Maybe the team allowed him to take the day off to visit with family?

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
The point of view you are imputing on me has no relation to what I actually said. I'm not objecting to discussing this or any potential trade but to pretending the information we have suggests it's inevitable in order to be able to complain about it in advance, which is done in a tiresome and repetitive fashion literally any time an article like this is printed.

But you’re misconstruing two things in my mind. Given where the team has gone in the last 7+ years, not wanting a GM to make that deal following his likely MO is not the same as prematurely complaining about a supposed deal jus because. If a deal is made it will be judged accordingly as every other deal.

I think the horse is truly dead and beaten.

Reactions: Peter10

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Miller for Fiala, Greenway, Johannson

The NYR would be more interested in Boeser then Miller IMO. He fits their core a lot better

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Not with Horvat , Pettersson, or more than likely Boeser....Two of these players have publicly expressed that they are not interested on playing on a rebuilding team..

:biglaugh: Compared to all the interest they're showing right now? Don't you ever get tired of spouting total bullshit? Eight solid years of the team going downhill due to short-sighted mistakes but no! We can't actually say the R word, or else players will want out!! Edler and Schmidt bailed this past year, all the players who have been here all play like dead men walking...I mean hello! Here you're saying about Miller:

Don’t have to imagine..Some nights he’s the only guy that does..

...in regards to actually giving a shit. Know why none of them give a shit? Because under Benning, the Canucks have the worst of both worlds. They've got the losses, malaise and dressing room discontent of a rebuilding team combined with the budget, non-existent prospect pool and development system of a top competitor without getting either hope for the future rebuilding brings *or* being an actual winner. And the players have all figured this out, man. The longer you and your hero remain in this fantasy world where there can still be a chance of success so long as nobody admits their strategy to achieve it has demonstrably failed hardcore, the longer the bleeding will continue.

And here we are in a thread where we're discussing trading the team's leading scorer for pennies on the dollar. No idea how much longer this needs to last.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
:biglaugh: Compared to all the interest they're showing right now? Don't you ever get tired of spouting total bullshit? Eight solid years of the team going downhill due to short-sighted mistakes but no! We can't actually say the R word, or else players will want out!! Edler and Schmidt bailed this past year, all the players who have been here all play like dead men walking...I mean hello! Here you're saying about Miller:

...in regards to actually giving a shit. Know why none of them give a shit? Because under Benning, the Canucks have the worst of both worlds. They've got the losses, malaise and dressing room discontent of a rebuilding team combined with the budget, non-existent prospect pool and development system of a top competitor without getting either hope for the future rebuilding brings *or* being an actual winner. And the players have all figured this out, man. The longer you and your hero remain in this fantasy world where there can still be a chance of success so long as nobody admits their strategy to achieve it has demonstrably failed hardcore, the longer the bleeding will continue.

And here we are in a thread where we're discussing trading the team's leading scorer for pennies on the dollar. No idea how much longer this needs to last.
Fully expecting a response where one or two words will be purposely misunderstood and the main and general points of your post will be ignored....

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
If Elias wants out he needs to be moved. The team needs a rebuild.

There’s too much junk On This roster and not enough depth for us to see anyway out of this short of Jim benning becoming gm of another team and trading for OEL and Myers.

if we get a new gm I hope they are smart enough to realize the value contracts add or take away from a player more than anything else

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017

I am just reporting what Horvat and Pettersson said about being on a rebuilding team...not really interested in your ranting laundry list of management grievances...there's another thread for that.

here you go:
Canucks Management Thread: Year 8, still waiting and seeing...Patience

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad