Kucherovs development

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
1. Yes, you've made up half of this.

2. Kucherov is a human being. A rather introverted and sometimes strange one too. I prefer facts to opinions even the opinion of Kuch himself. All I see is that he is still p...ed with the team that basically does not exist anymore. A lot has changed since that time. Is him being p...ed a confirmation to anything? Again, two players, two paths. Both siccessful. Gusev and Kucherov. Only Kucherov was always the most talented guy so he survoved that dip. Smart development brings players along even if they aren't Kucherov. That happened to Gusev.
Just take the L. If you want Russian players to stay and develop in the KHL then maybe you should focus your attention on the KHL team that screwed Kucherov over so badly that he moved to a different country to play in a lesser league for no money to get away from them as soon as possible. Pretty sure those two untreated shoulder injuries hurt Kucherov's development a lot more than playing in North America did.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I'll disagree with some posters here. I think that Kucherov's hockey IQ is legitimately insane. He hardly is the fastest skater around, or has the best hands, or has the best shot(his clear strength is this, though), or is that physical, or has an especially high compete, or really has any attribute that's at the absolute top of the NHL. But the full package and his hockey IQ make him such an efficient, lethal player. Perhaps the Gretzky comparison would be going slightly overboard but it's not that crazy a thing to say in my opinion.

Reactions: saffronleaf

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
I don't know about best IQ of all time, but when they recently played the Canadiens I thought he looked like a very special player, especially on the PP. He's totally in control of that PP and can do almost any passes he wants. I feel that he's the type of guys that the younger generation will try to emulate, develop the same type of insane passing vision.

Reactions: saffronleaf

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
Of course it's difficult to compare players from different eras, cause I hasn't been watching Gretzky on a regular basis, only biggest games and highlights, but Kucherov's hockey sense is insane!

And that is why you cool it with the hyperbole. There have been many players before him that have shown this type of ability that you may not even care to remember or have only heard their name in passing.

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016
Crazy part is, I doubt he has hit his peak yet. He's obsessed with being the best so much that, he converted his garage into a mini ice rink to practice while at home.

Asdetran

Jan 24, 2016
Crazy part is, I doubt he has hit his peak yet. He's obsessed with being the best so much that, he converted his garage into a mini ice rink to practice while at home.
My father did that too that nothing special

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Did he do it in the summer in Tampa where the temp will be in the mid to high 90's?

I think you're really underestimating the effort he has to go through to make that possible in Florida all year round.

Asdetran

Jan 24, 2016
Did he do it in the summer in Tampa where the temp will be in the mid to high 90's?

I think you're really underestimating the effort he has to go through to make that possible in Florida all year round.

Not in tampa but still in the summer and he trained there every day
Still not that special

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016

giphy.gif

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
He doesn't have the best hands, fastest legs, hardest shot or biggest strength, but he has arguably the greatest hockey iq in the history of the game.
maybe not the history of the game but its pretty freaking high. gotta be tops right now imo though elias pettersson is right there too.

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
I have seen Kucherov play live in juniors and while he produced roughly 2 PPG I was not really sure his game would translate to the pros as I thought he was a bit soft , prone to overpassing and trying stuffs too complicated for no reasons. If I had to guess between him and Andrighetto im not sure who I would have chosen at that time.
I couldn't agree more. Nothing about Kuch screamed Art Ross, nothing. Yes, he had a very nice shot, and great vision. But he seemed really soft and prone to over-passing (which he still does, lol). He didn't even look like an athlete. What I didn't see was his colossal drive to get better. He is that one guy with an amazing toolbox. He put it all together in a very unique way.

Reactions: jiboy

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
1. Yes, you've made up half of this.

2. Kucherov is a human being. A rather introverted and sometimes strange one too. I prefer facts to opinions even the opinion of Kuch himself. All I see is that he is still p...ed with the team that basically does not exist anymore. A lot has changed since that time. Is him being p...ed a confirmation to anything?
Ummm, what? Would you be more convinced if Kucherov presented his xrays and medical bills as evidence? I got to say, it's awesome that your facts related to Kuch's life are more reliable than his personal account of it. Congrats.

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad