Speculation: Kucherov to NYI

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
For what Kucherov means to Tampa, I would definitely take Kucherov over Hall any day of the week month and year.

Nothing to do with importance to respective team. Kucherov is the better player. He and Bishop basically carried the Lightning this entire season as they dealt with a ton of injuries and a dip in production from Stamkos.

Nearly every time something good happened for the Lightning, Kucherov was front and center.

Then came the postseason and EVERY time something good happened for the Bolts, it was because of Kucherov.

CaptDenisPotvin

The Tampa Bay Astros are your 2021 Champions
Jun 20, 2007
You just gave Cizikis, a bottom 6 player, a 5 year deal just 1mil less. You gave Ladd, who's 4 years older and has 18 career playoff points or the same amount Killorn had in our SCF run alone, a 7 year deal for 1mil more. The Killorn deal is fine.

As for Kucherov it would have to be a huge offer and Strome is not one who would be the centerpiece. After last season I would be weary of him. I'd start with Pulock + Barzal and keep adding.

You could keep adding I suppose but I believe after you start with Pulock AND Barzal you would be speaking to a dial tone.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
You could keep adding I suppose but I believe after you start with Pulock AND Barzal you would be speaking to a dial tone.

I think Kucherov+ for Tavares is closer in value than Barzal and Pulock.

TB is going to be a Cup contender this season and beyond. With Kucherov that is. Trading him for prospects that they don't need hurts their immediate future.

Barzal and Pulock aren't all much better than Point and Koekkoekk.

If a deal for Kuch was really all that troublesome, than he would've let Stamkos walk, and/or traded Killorn for picks and prospects. Or Bishop. Or Vasilevskiy and promote Gudlevskis.

I'd wager he gets a deal similar to FF, and then we all hail Stevie Y as lord of our universe.

Last edited:

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
geeze id feel bad for Hamonic... respectfully asks to be traded closer to home for family reasons while still busting his ass for his team but then rescinds his request and honors his contract to play in NYI only to get traded to almost the furthest possible place from home haha... oh well, I guess its the business of hockey!

For this reason, Hamonic is 100% off the table in all offers

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
You just gave Cizikis, a bottom 6 player, a 5 year deal just 1mil less. You gave Ladd, who's 4 years older and has 18 career playoff points or the same amount Killorn had in our SCF run alone, a 7 year deal for 1mil more. The Killorn deal is fine.

You nailed it.

Hally BlackWood

Jul 31, 2010
Thunder Bay
With the odds that Kuckerov will get between $6.5 million to $7.0 million per for 8 years or so. Giving Kucherov a $7.2 million offer sheet wouldn't keep Yzerman from matching it. Most likely both Bishop and Filppula are dealt. Don't see a problem with Yzerman resigning Kuch.

Thats ok I would still do it and if they do match I would feel good Knowing it may cause problems for them later on. Also I think Flippula is going to cost them a asset to get rid of.

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight

As for Kucherov it would have to be a huge offer and Strome is not one who would be the centerpiece. After last season I would be weary of him. I'd start with Pulock + Barzal and keep adding.

Better comparison would be Josh Bailey, a player 95% of Isles fans think is overpaid at 3.3M and want to get rid of, who as extremely similar numbers to Killorn.

And FWIW, the poster you quoted is a TB fan I believe.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Better comparison would be Josh Bailey, a player 95% of Isles fans think is overpaid at 3.3M and want to get rid of, who as extremely similar numbers to Killorn.

And FWIW, the poster you quoted is a TB fan I believe.

Killorn is much better than Bailey

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think the sheet would have to be up close to Stamkos's number for us not to match.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think no matter what, Kucherov would have to sign an offer sheet for there to be an offer sheet. I don't see that happening.

I think we might be overestimating his loyalty in making statements like that. If he were so loyal he wouldn't sign a mega offer sheet, he'd already be signed.

He's trying to make some money. Good for him. I doubt a team will offer sheet him, but it's likely because of the way it could affect their relationships with other GMs, moreso than the idea Kucherov wouldn't sign. Hell, Kucherov would likely sign because he knows TB will match the offer. I doubt he's anti-money.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
I think we might be overestimating his loyalty in making statements like that. If he were so loyal he wouldn't sign a mega offer sheet, he'd already be signed.

He's trying to make some money. Good for him. I doubt a team will offer sheet him, but it's likely because of the way it could affect their relationships with other GMs, moreso than the idea Kucherov wouldn't sign. Hell, Kucherov would likely sign because he knows TB will match the offer. I doubt he's anti-money.

Can an OS include trade/move clauses for UFA years, I wonder?

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Islanders absolutely have the assets to put together a nice package for Tampa, however Tampa would be seriously delusional to trade Kutcherov without a ridiculous overpay from NYI.

Snow probably won't choose to overpay on a trade like that at this point in time.

Strome, MDC, Barzal, 1sts, 2nds etc.... could all severely blow up in Snow's face if they all reach potential. Tampa is going to be chasing a cup this year no doubt and they are going to keep everybody banking on one great year. Next year they'll be forced to do a Chicago Blackhawks, not this year though.

Yashin for President

Jan 14, 2007
Bestchester
Funny thing is Isles do not need to overpay for Kucherov when they could easily trade for Jeff Skinner and call it a day. Its going to be overpayment for Kucherov, Isles are deep with players but not that deep to give up Barzal and Pulock. Love Kuch but Im passing on Kuch.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay

Considering Stamkos waited until the eve of free agency to sign a very team friendly deal, I still have faith that Kucherov is likely to do the same.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
*Doubt Kucherov gets traded

*Isles have many assets that would equal or exceed the value of Kucherov. Still doesn't mean a trade can be made that will meet the needs of either team

*Snow has commented in the past that they wouldn't do offer sheets

*Bailey is not better than Killorn. (I have never been a Bailey basher) PPG averages aside... Killorn does important things at important times.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad