Speculation: Kucherov to NYI

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
*Isles have many assets that would equal or exceed the value of Kucherov.

I agree with most of what you said but "many" is rather absurd - the only player in the Islanders' organization who exceeds Kucherov's value is Tavares. They have some very good prospects but it's far too early to put any of them in Kuch's league at this point.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
I agree with most of what you said but "many" is rather absurd - the only player in the Islanders' organization who exceeds Kucherov's value is Tavares. They have some very good prospects but it's far too early to put any of them in Kuch's league at this point.

"Many" was poorly used. My intention was to convey that Isles have several valuable pieces that could be packaged together that could equal or exceed Kucherov's value. Not that the Isles had many pieces that on their own would equal Kucherov in value.

But considering TB's current window of competition... what sense is there for TB to accept such a package?

DasKaiser

Jun 7, 2016
You could match and should but it would put you guys in a bad spot for the cap Teams would know you would have to get rid of Bishop which would diminish his trade value

The beauty and blemish of offer sheeting. Sometimes it penalizes a team for drafting wisely, on the other hand it also penalizes for spending stupidly. Perhaps a little of both in this case. Myself, I couldn't offer over 7 million and give up 4 1st rounders, but I would absolutely come in under that and have Yzerman squirm and match.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
if yzerman got two first rounders and callahan for marty st.louis! I cant even think what he would ask for kucherov in a trade most likley a 1st, 2nd top flight prospect and a top six forward!

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
if yzerman got two first rounders and callahan for marty st.louis! I cant even think what he would ask for kucherov in a trade most likley a 1st, 2nd top flight prospect and a top six forward!

Okie dokie...

1st round pick, Dal Colle and Mayfield (just in case Dal Colle isn't top flight enough) and your choice Nelson, Strome or Lee (You're coach likes him)

Don't bother responding... I've already broke through the window... tuck and rolled the landing on up to a full out sprint back to Brooklyn with Kucherov in hand.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach

1st wouldn't hurt to give up
2nd wouldn't hurt to give up
Most Fans would move MDC if the return was Kucherov
A Top-6 Forward - Nelson/Lee?

It's a big package, but I'd do it from an Isles perspective given Kucherovs RFA status. Still, it makes NO SENSE for Tampa, one could make a viable case for Kucherov being Tampas best player, especially after this last playoff run.

HowSweeeedeItIs

Jan 19, 2014
San Francisco
Okie dokie...

1st round pick, Dal Colle and Mayfield (just in case Dal Colle isn't top flight enough) and your choice Nelson, Strome or Lee (You're coach likes him)

Don't bother responding... I've already broke through the window... tuck and rolled the landing on up to a full out sprint back to Brooklyn with Kucherov in hand.

Don't steal our Kuch :(

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com

It's a big package, but I'd do it from an Isles perspective given Kucherovs RFA status. Still, it makes NO SENSE for Tampa, one could make a viable case for Kucherov being Tampas best player, especially after this last playoff run.

I have no problem giving up that much for Kucherov. He's worth it. But our protection list would be all messed up if we were to trade him for that.

Tavares
Kucherov
Ladd
Strome
Leddy
Hamonic
Pulock
Boychuk
Halak

Actually, maybe it wouldn't. Am I missing someone? deHaan/Nelson/Lee would be claimed.

Last edited:

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Habs offer :

McCarron
Andrighetto or Lekhonen
Scherbak
1st 2017

take all our prospects!

:sarcasm: We just don't have the pieces I suppose.

IODCPiper

Jan 26, 2016

Strome, mdc, 1st and?

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
I have no problem giving up that much for Kucherov. He's worth it. But our protection list would be all messed up if we were to trade him for that.

Tavares
Kucherov
Ladd
Strome
Leddy
Hamonic
Pulock
Boychuk
Halak

Actually, maybe it wouldn't. Am I missing someone? deHaan/Nelson/Lee would be claimed.

If the trade were Kucherov for Nelson, Dal Colle, 1st, 2nd; the team would protect:

Tavares
Ladd
Kucherov
Lee/Strome

Leddy
Hamonic
Boychuk
De Haan/Pulock

Greiss/Halak

It leaves one of Lee/Strome exposed, and possible De Haan if Pulock isn't exempt, but that's about it. Not too bad.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
At this point, Kucherov is significantly more important to the team than Stamkos. No way a trade happens, Yzerman isn't that stupid to sign Stamkos if it forces his hand on Kucherov - another part will move. Bishop is the obvious choice to be moved.

Yashin for President

Jan 14, 2007
Bestchester
At this point, Kucherov is significantly more important to the team than Stamkos. No way a trade happens, Yzerman isn't that stupid to sign Stamkos if it forces his hand on Kucherov - another part will move. Bishop is the obvious choice to be moved.

Love how confident everyone is about moving Bishop. Guy is a beast.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

Sadly, that's probably true, despite Bishop being more important than either of them.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
To get Tampa to even to listen you have to start with Tavares, Leddy, Barzal, Pulock, MDC, + picks.

Yeah Tavares isn't happening, But one would've to think that Yzerman would be looking at the Islanders top prospect for Kuch at least just don't see Yzerman moving Kucherov especially to another Eastern Conference team like the Islanders whom would be grabbing position in the playoff race. And trying to contend with them.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Tampa is a deep team already so they don't have much use for a few pieces coming back. If they were to trade Kucherov thy would likely want a 1 for 1 trade. The isles don't have a player available that would get Kucherov straight up.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Probably somewhere around Strome/Nelson, Pulock/Barzal, Dal Colle, 2017 1st, 2018 2nd

When was the last time someone fetched a return line that? We've seen some very good players traded, and none have fetched 2 top prospects a very good young player and a 1st. None.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad