Speculation: Kucherov to NYI

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
When was the last time someone fetched a return line that? We've seen some very good players traded, and none have fetched 2 top prospects a very good young player and a 1st. None.

Okay, so subtract a piece or two from my original package and there you go.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
When was the last time someone fetched a return line that? We've seen some very good players traded, and none have fetched 2 top prospects a very good young player and a 1st. None.

The best post I've seen. I can't stand some of these proposals. From both sides to be clear.

5 4 Fighting

Registered snoozer
Feb 13, 2013
Bk all day
To be quite honest, I think Kucherov has more value than Stamkos and is likely on par with Tavares (but Tavares is a beast of a first line center, on a beast of a contract- hence he's more valuable)
Nikita, after his insane clutch performances the past two postseasons has really opened my eyes as to what kind of scary "sixth sense" he has with accuracy and velocity on his shot. This guy is the Eastern conference Vlad Tarasenko, an UNTOUCHABLE piece up there with the likes of Sid,Ovechkin,Benn, Kane, Malkin, Karlsson, Tarasenko.

To add to that, a team like Tampa is VERY smart and ahead of the curve in the league, best drafting team post DRW dominance (So long Datsyuk-will miss you) so they would fleece the Islanders in ANY trade involving the two teams I'm sorry to say. Tampa just becomes scarier with each passing season.

5 4 Fighting

Registered snoozer
Feb 13, 2013
Bk all day
The time to trade for Tampa's youngins is gonna be when they're between a rock and a hard place during contract negotiations when they ultimately will have to shed cap due to their success. This is not the right offseason to alter the Islander's philosophy and trade away half their prospect cupboard for a sure fire elite first liner.

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
To be quite honest, I think Kucherov has more value than Stamkos and is likely on par with Tavares (but Tavares is a beast of a first line center, hence he's more valuable) his insane clutch performances the past two postseasons has really opened my eyes as to what kind of scary "sixth sense" he has with accuracy and velocity on his shot. This guy is the Eastern conference Vlad Tarasenko, an UNTOUCHABLE piece up there with the likes of Sid,Ovechkin,Benn, Kane, Malkin, Karlsson, Tarasenko.

Yeah, I can't imagine us moving him and if we lose him because Yzerman resigned Stamkos to that ridiculous contract when Stammer wasn't living up to the one he had then Stevie Y. should be run out of town.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Kuch is the last guy who the Lightning should trade. I wouldn't trade him for anybody outside of Macdavid.

Sheva7

Work Hahd Play Smaht
Oct 11, 2011
Hamonic a #2? I think that's arguable. Imo he's replaceable.

Dal Colle blue chip? Maybe, maybe not...lots of ppl skeptical about him though, with good reason.

I'll agree that adding the 1st is probably overkill....but one thing is certain.....

Kucherov is amazing. End of story.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Hamonic a #2? I think that's arguable.

Dal Colle blue chip? Maybe, maybe not...lots of ppl skeptical about him though, with good reason.

Adding the 1st is probably overkill....but one thing is certain.....

Kucherov is amazing. End of story.

Kucherov is awesome. He's just now coming into his own and he's still young. But you can't afford to lose Hamonic.

Sheva7

Work Hahd Play Smaht
Oct 11, 2011
Kucherov is awesome. He's just now coming into his own and he's still young. But you can't afford to lose Hamonic.

We're going to be losing a good dman via expansion anyway. May as well cash in now.

Hictor Vedman*

Unregistered Hedman
Sep 30, 2014
Ottawa
Hamonic + MDC + 2017 1st
Funny thing is I wouldn't do it.

The value is there, I have no problem with that whatsoever. The problem I have is Kucherov being moved, period. Thankfully, this forum's obsession with playing GM won't have any correlation with the real world.

Kucherov will be resigned, and then people will have to move on with their lives and play GM with some other player.

Sheva7

Work Hahd Play Smaht
Oct 11, 2011
Hamonic only asked for a trade for family reasons to be close to home near Winnipeg, Or Western Canada and has since rescinded the deal. Snow isn't moving Hamonic now and doubt it's to Tampa.

The trade request fiasco is over. He doesn't have an NTC. On top of that, expansion is coming...so we're going to lose a very good player anyway.

So all that considered, assuming the right deal comes around Snow would be totally justified if he were to ship out Hamonic.

Last edited:

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
You obviously didn't get the memo that all Isles assets are garbage value and everyone else's are gold.

Said the fan of every team that gets shut down for making offers for another teams best players for lesser pieces.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
The trade request fiasco is over. He doesn't have an NTC. On top of that, expansion is coming...so we're going to lose a very good player anyway.

So all that considered, assuming the right deal comes around Snow would be totally justified if he were to ship out Hamonic.

Wouldn't mind seeing Hamonic in Tampa, But not for Kucherov that kid is some kind of special enjoyed watching him these past 2 seasons And looking for even better things out of him.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Hamonic + MDC + 2017 1st

I'd absolutely do this too...in a world where Kutcherov was actually available I think this is fair value, maybe a slight overpayment by NYI but you would expect that in an in conference trade.

Unfortunately I don't think he's even close to being available, but yeah, I would do this in a heartbeat and not look back.

Barness01

Jan 28, 2016
Could see him returning Hamonic, based on the Hall trade. I see the 2 having pretty similar value.

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
I'd absolutely do this too...in a world where Kutcherov was actually available I think this is fair value, maybe a slight overpayment by NYI but you would expect that in an in conference trade.

Unfortunately I don't think he's even close to being available, but yeah, I would do this in a heartbeat and not look back.

Which is precisely why it isn't fair value. That offer is like me saying I would trade Stralman + Point + 1st for Tavares: I'd do that in a heartbeat too but I very much doubt you would consider that fair value either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad