Speculation: Kucherov to NYI

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
So, I know that considering this hasn't been brought up yet on these boards that the source isn't worth the bandwidth it consumes, but I thought it was an interesting topic.

https://www.sny.tv/islanders/news/i...t-appear-to-be-good-trade-partners/190296592/

This site states that rumors were making their way through Twitter (again, weird that it hasn't shown up here if it was making their way through Twitter) that NYI and TB were working on a deal involving Kucherov and Strome as the main pieces of a deal. This site then says that a league source said these rumors weren't true, but it's the offseason and there isn't anything else to talk about.

Thoughts and discussion?

GarfSnowed

May 1, 2011
The original rumor came from a Hockey Press article I believe. Didn't seem reliable at all.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Probably somewhere around Strome/Nelson, Pulock/Barzal, Dal Colle, 2017 1st, 2018 2nd

IwayMike

Jul 31, 2007
There are rumors that TB is looking to trade Bishop. I am not sure if the holdup is that TB does not have a replacement for Bishop. If the Greiss was added to Strome, would that be enough or even wanted?

CaptDenisPotvin

The Tampa Bay Astros are your 2021 Champions
Jun 20, 2007
I don't believe the rumor is true as much I would love it to be but I think a realistic package would be something like:

Strome (5th overall pick in 2011)
Dal Colle (5th overall pick in 2014)
Dehaan (top 4 guy for Isles, 12th overall in 09')
2nd round pick

for

Kucherov

The reason I added where these guys were drafted is because I believe if you offer sheeted Kuch you would have to give up 4 1st rounders but at the same time Tampa would have to wait 4 years plus the developement time to recoup the value there. This package allows them to continue to compete this year (Strome still has upside going into his 3rd NHL year and Dehaan is reliable but nothing special). Basically Isles would be sending 3 first rounders and a 2nd rounder. Strome has upside but no where near the caliber of Kuch, Dal Colle is a high end scoring forward prospect and Calvin Dehaan is steady if nothing else. Trying to be as unbiased as possible here, maybe that 2nd is actually a 1st rounder? I don't know, like I said I think this is a a lot of BS...I don't see Stevie Y getting worked over by Kuch after he came out smelling like roses on the Druin situation last year.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Not gonna happen. Kucherov's deal is gonna get done. The Lightning players are all egging each other on to sign smaller deals in order to keep the team together. Alex Killorn outright went on the radio and said that Stamkos was keeping in touch in the midst of his negotiation and talked about it. It's not even an open secret anymore that the Lightning players are pulling strings with each other the same way NBA players are making their "super teams."

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Not gonna happen. Kucherov's deal is gonna get done. The Lightning players are all egging each other on to sign smaller deals in order to keep the team together. Alex Killorn outright went on the radio and said that Stamkos was keeping in touch in the midst of his negotiation and talked about it. It's not even an open secret anymore that the Lightning players are pulling strings with each other the same way NBA players are making their "super teams."

What do they tell a guy they don't like? "You're worth more. Get your money!" :laugh:

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
Strome, MDC, Pelech/Vande Sompel/Mayfield, NYI 2nd 2017 for Kucherov and Filppula.

If Filppula waives his NMC for the Islanders would he still have to be protected? I'm sure he wouldn't be claimed anyway.

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
Yeah don't see it happening.

TB can make a lot of cap shedding moves that frees up the money they'll give to Kucherov

No to mention, this article is about why this trade WON'T happen.

isles31

Poster Excellont
Feb 19, 2007
LI
Probably somewhere around Strome/Nelson, Pulock/Barzal, Dal Colle, 2017 1st, 2018 2nd

I understand the need to pay for talent, but 4 firsts and a 2nd essentially? Whats the max compensation on an offersheet these days?

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012

You think Kucherov would fetch the Bolts... Strome or Nelson, Barzal or Pulock, Dal Colle, 2017 1st and a 2018 2nd?... that is insane haha... I cant even think of many players in the NHL that would get that return

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
It won't happen, but hypothetically

Strome + MDC + 1st?

Not completely sure what TB's roster looks like. DO they need any depth FWD's? Isles could throw in someone like Prince who makes under a mil for the next 2 years and is a capable bottom 6 guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad