Kucherov and Crosby

FinProspects

Sep 15, 2007
"Crosby the legend" is indeed different to "Crosby the reality", ill give you that. Solid playoff performer obviously but a couple of weak Smythe's where he got carried in the finals(+timely injuries during hot stretches) has made him very overrated.

One weak Smythe I give you that, one well deserved Smythe+ 2 Smythe worthy runs in 08 and 09. 186points in 164games. If that is, in your eyes, "solid" then I wonder what kind of resume its required to be a good or even excellent performer? Sid is one of the all time great playoff performes no matter how you slice it.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
I'm sure (like many other other Islander fans out there) we are shocked that he only recorded one point in the series. He usually has 1 point against us in the 1st 5 minutes of the game every time we play.

Son Goku

henlo u stinky egg
Mar 8, 2014
The World Of Void
"Crosby the legend" is indeed different from "Crosby the reality", ill give you that. Solid playoff performer obviously but a couple of weak Smythe's where he got carried in the finals(+timely injuries during hot stretches) has made him very overrated. Still a great player obviously but people here likes to act as if he is a top5 player of all time and such, something he is not.

Kucherov doesn't really belong in the conversation as far as play-offs go.
“solid playoff performer” you mean the greatest playoff performer of his era by a large margin and one of the greatest of all time. Your opinion doesn’t change facts. If you think he got “carried” in the finals stop watching hockey err wait.. START watching hockey. He’s on track to be the 5th greatest player of all time whether you and the small minority group of people like it or not. His first Smythe was average but his second one was DOMINATING. He has four Smythe worthy runs in his career. Four. Thats way more than any player in this era has.

Son Goku

henlo u stinky egg
Mar 8, 2014
The World Of Void
4 games 0+1, it is not great by any standards no matter how well you play. Especially Crosby-standards. There is not a single player in Pens roster that played "great", altough I would give a lot of credit to NYI, because they were really good. So its not only because Pens sucked, its because NYI were playing great.
The team as a whole was terrible. Crosby and Murray were the only players to show up for those four games. Definite credit to NYI, they are a team to be recognized for sure. The Penguins lineup is just a bunch of mismatched players, they have no real identity. Plus Sullivan is showing Bylsma tendencies.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Kucherov in the playoffs: 0.94ppg. Mcdavid in the playoffs: 0.69ppg.

Kuch is still the best player in the world but sadly his team sucks. Can’t expect him to produce much when he is so alone.

Yep. Poor Kuch. What a trash team. Way worse than the Oilers.

And McDavid had a 0.69 ppg at 20 years old when he was being assaulted by Kesler all series long. When Kucherov was that age he had 1 point in the entire playoffs.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
NYI played great, but as daver likes to say, great players produce regardless. Crosby just put up 100 points. He barely showed up for this series and unfortunately his team didn't show up at all to help him get to another round where he may have showed up.

Daver is on his grace period so he is not required to answer that.

Reactions: 66871 and Casanova

Tuna Tatarrrrrr

Here Is The Legendary Rat Of HFBoards! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jun 13, 2012

Kuch is still the best player in the world but sadly his team sucks. Can’t expect him to produce much when he is so alone.
1449327716428.gif

Tuna Tatarrrrrr

Here Is The Legendary Rat Of HFBoards! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jun 13, 2012
Crosby doesn't need to prove anything with all what he has already accomplished. Kucherov on the other hand, playoffs this year show us how he is a choker, a loser and a crybaby. :biglaugh:

Reactions: varank

TeeTee

Apr 20, 2016
People thinking that Crosby sucked were only watching the scoreboard. He was all alone out there trying to generate chances. The Isles team D was swarming.

Reactions: foundhockey

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
So Kucherov is now supposed to play defence and replace Hedman and Stralman singlehandedly?

And Crosby is to blame for his lower seeded team losing?

JediJew12

Apr 16, 2019
Crosby and Kucherov are not even comparable. There is no sane, unbiased, critic that would label Crosby as a choker. The team around him is not the same as in years past. Their core is getting up there in age, and it showed this year. Crosby likely burned himself out carrying the Pens into the playoffs. Crosby has NOTHING to prove to anyone.

Kucherov on the other hand.... its quite embarrassing. His biggest contribution to this series was his suspension. The only thing I remember him doing in the series against the Caps, last year, was to kick Brett Connolly. I wonder if he has the mental strength to ever find success in the playoffs... The playoffs are a different animal from the regular season.

Reactions: foundhockey

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
Crosby had a tough series but he's shown plenty of times in the past that he shows up when it matters. Crosby but it's close.

crazy8888

Sep 8, 2010
Brooklyn NY
Wow, so many people saying Crosby is old and tired. Thats BS. All this series showed us is that hockey is very random and unpredictable. Crosby played good. Unfortunately for the Pens this was just one of those times when luck was not on their side at all. He still made some great plays and played very good defensively. Sometimes you get rewarded for hard work, sometimes you dont. Sometimes you take 10 good shots on net and nothing goes in. Sometimes you take one weak shot and it gets through.

discobob

Listen... do you smell something?
Dec 2, 2009
Everything
Or maybe Hockey is a sport where the difference between the best team and a mediocre team is relatively small, AND one in which a superstar player doesn't have as much of an influence as we assume...

Team chemistry and depth don't get the credit they deserve - we always heap it on the most prominent player on the team.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton

Hey, remember when you changed your avatar and pretended to be a hardcore McDavid fan? Remember how bad that was?

This post is up there. Yikes. At least Kucherov and the Paper Tigers can take solace that they won as many playoff games as Ottawa this year.

But hey, I’m sure Tampa Bay has some killer golf courses.

Reactions: DeYarmond Edison

DeYarmond Edison

drinkingpinkrabbits
Apr 10, 2011
Bored in the USA

I know Tampa has the most arrogant fans in all of pro sports but I thought getting owned like you just did would at least make y'all a LITTLE humble. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad