Kucherov and Crosby

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Oiler fans are really insecure about Kucherov and Crosby. Kucherov was the best player in the league this season, Sid is in his 30’s and has 3 cups already.

Reactions: John Titor

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
Crosby's getting a lot of shit but I honestly think he looked alright this series. He struggled to get in the box score but IMO he was by far the Pens most dangerous player. There were a number of times he simply 1v5'd the Isles and almost created a goal out of absolutely nothing.

Malkin, on the other hand, is not getting nearly enough criticism. I can't remember ever seeing a player of his ability being so bad in a playoff series. Did very little to create dangerous chances for the Pens and was obviously more focused on trying to start shit with the opposition than actually helping his team win.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
2015 as a 2nd line player not yet a star:

26 GP, 22 points.

2016: 17 GP, 19 points

2018: 17 GP, 17 Points.

What are people seeing that they think Kucherov is a playoff choker? Are they sniffing glue? Do i have to sniff glue to see what you people are seeing?

Crosby was regularly way over PPG in the Playoffs. Kucherov must maintain or exceed his regular season performance to lead Tampa to Cups, like Crosby did. So far he has not done this.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Crosby was regularly way over PPG in the Playoffs. Kucherov must maintain or exceed his regular season performance to lead Tampa to Cups, like Crosby did. So far he has not done this.

Yah he has. Why Are you ignoring 15 and 16?

He wasn't a star in those regular seasons. He was a 60 point player those years and stepped up his game come playoffs both years. He's done EXACTLY what you're asking of him

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Crosby's getting a lot of **** but I honestly think he looked alright this series. He struggled to get in the box score but IMO he was by far the Pens most dangerous player. There were a number of times he simply 1v5'd the Isles and almost created a goal out of absolutely nothing.

Malkin, on the other hand, is not getting nearly enough criticism. I can't remember ever seeing a player of his ability being so bad in a playoff series. Did very little to create dangerous chances for the Pens and was obviously more focused on trying to start **** with the opposition than actually helping his team win.

Eh. He did have 3 points.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
don't think age is much of an excuse

Ovie is ollld ... but still trucking

Pens D core needs a makeover. Letang was not very good vs Islanders

As for Kucherov.... the hockey gods punished Tampa for being too kocky

It's so funny how people think it's because he's old. He has been shut down before at a much younger age, sometimes it just happens to the best of them.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Yah he has. Why Are you ignoring 15 and 16?

He wasn't a star in those regular seasons. He was a 60 point player those years and stepped up his game come playoffs both years. He's done EXACTLY what you're asking of him

I'll use bulletpoints:
-Crosby had more sur-PPG playoff seasons, and by wider margins (way over PPG)
-He was central to his team in winning
-Has has the Cups

For these reasons, and these reasons alone, Crosby will always be remembered on a different tier as Kucherov even if Kuch continues his regular season dominance. Unless Kucherov elevates his game more in the playoffs, more consistently (can't have a season like this again in his prime), while being central to his team and winning Cups.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Crosby's getting a lot of **** but I honestly think he looked alright this series. He struggled to get in the box score but IMO he was by far the Pens most dangerous player. There were a number of times he simply 1v5'd the Isles and almost created a goal out of absolutely nothing.

Malkin, on the other hand, is not getting nearly enough criticism. I can't remember ever seeing a player of his ability being so bad in a playoff series. Did very little to create dangerous chances for the Pens and was obviously more focused on trying to start **** with the opposition than actually helping his team win.

Malkin had a point on 50% of the Penguins goals in the series...

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Kucherov sure maybe but not really cause his team was garbage in that series.

Crosby ? Arguably the best playoff performer the past ten years. Captain of three cups and back to back conn smyths.....

Reactions: ncm7772

1967th Heaven

Aug 31, 2012
Crosby is 10th all time in career playoff points and has two Smythes... he could never score another playoff point and it wouldnt taint my impression of him as a playoff performer

FinProspects

Sep 15, 2007
Crosby sucked, there's no other way around it. Huge dissapointment for sure, but stuff like this happens. Kucherov, wow.. I dont have words to describe the Tampa team and their star players.

Anyways, absolutely nuts that Pens+Tampa got SWEPT. Insanity.

Reactions: varank

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
NYI played great, but as daver likes to say, great players produce regardless. Crosby just put up 100 points. He barely showed up for this series and unfortunately his team didn't show up at all to help him get to another round where he may have showed up.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
So just to recap:

Kucherov will win the Hart Trophy because he is the highest point producer on a team of high point producers that made the playoffs. Then he doesn't show up for playoffs. MVP.

Reactions: varank

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
Crosby was bad in this series but he's still the best playoff player of the era. His legacy is secured.

Kucherov was great in the playoffs up until the ECF last season. He choked then and choked again this year.

Instant

Feb 20, 2018

Yeah, I agree. It's that weird case of player doing the right things at the right time and it just not coming together. He played well, though he looked a bit tired. It's a long season and the Pens played a lot these last few years.

At least Crosby didn't throw temper tantrums like other players who couldn't handle losing.

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
LMAO the disrespect comparing Kucherov to Crosby in playoff prowess. His legend is set in stone at this point. Anything he does or did from 2017 until he retires is and will only be icing on the cake.

"Crosby the legend" is indeed different from "Crosby the reality", ill give you that. Solid playoff performer obviously but a couple of weak Smythe's where he got carried in the finals(+timely injuries during hot stretches) has made him very overrated. Still a great player obviously but people here likes to act as if he is a top5 player of all time and such, something he is not.

Kucherov doesn't really belong in the conversation as far as play-offs go.

Reactions: Casanova

FinProspects

Sep 15, 2007
Crosby played great

4 games 0+1, it is not great by any standards no matter how well you play. Especially Crosby-standards. There is not a single player in Pens roster that played "great", altough I would give a lot of credit to NYI, because they were really good. So its not only because Pens sucked, its because NYI were playing great.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad