Kucherov and Crosby

Son Goku

henlo u stinky egg
Mar 8, 2014
The World Of Void
He’s not above some of the other guys in the 5-10 range.

And I’m not going to make a poll, where most people are most likely not informed enough of the other options, so they’ll stuff the vote with the one guy they know.

Why don’t you venture to history of hockey and see where Crosby ranks.
oh so they arent as informed as you are? :sarcasm: what a coincidence.

Sentinel

May 26, 2009
New Jersey
www.vvinenglish.com
It's beyond idiotic at this point that people still think every time Crosby has a sub par series, that it somehow negates the rest of his playoff career.

Yes, HF, a 4-game sample size here or there is much better to judge Crosby on than over 160 career games.

Jesus.
Feel free to add his glorious 0-in-4 performance against Boston.

Reactions: Future GOAT

The Objective troll

Apr 7, 2019
Nope not at all.. Atleast not with crosby. I'm not gonna change my mind on one of the most accomplished players of all time in any sport, based on few games. Kucherov I feel like is still really good in playoffs. He has scored big goals before, I have no doubt he'll do it again.

NoMessi

Jan 2, 2009
I dont really know if I agree that Crosby is a great playoff performer. Is Ovechkin a great playoff performer? Or is it just that their abilities is just the same in the playoffs as in the regular season?

The 3 best playoff performers is also the 3 best players in the last decade+. The 4th best player is also the 4th best playoff performer (Kane).

And to people saying Crosby have 4 CS worthy runs, yet claims his 2016 was weak. NO, you dont count his 2016 as CS worthy. Reputation award only. He has 3 great years (08, 09 and 17) and that is truly elite in itself.

I also want to defend Crosby here (and Malkin/Kessel for that matter sine theyve been brought up in here) saying that GMJR is the one to blame the most for putting 3 of the worst D-men in the league on the ice (Johnson, Gudbranson and Maatta). Sure, everyone has some part of the blame, but the Ds were pathetic.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Feel free to add his glorious 0-in-4 performance against Boston.

I mean, I did say "4 game sample size here or there" to include that one.

But my point is, why are people more interested in focusing on that series and this one, while ignoring Crosby's overall body of work? It seems idiotic.

That would be like someone saying Ovechkin is the greatest goal scorer of all time, and someone else focusing on his one or two seasons below 40 goals to argue otherwise.

Sentinel

May 26, 2009
New Jersey
www.vvinenglish.com
I mean, I did say "4 game sample size here or there" to include that one.

But my point is, why are people more interested in focusing on that series and this one, while ignoring Crosby's overall body of work? It seems idiotic.

That would be like someone saying Ovechkin is the greatest goal scorer of all time, and someone else focusing on his one or two seasons below 40 goals to argue otherwise.
Because Ovy's "low" seasons can be easily explained by Hunter's defensive approach and a lockout. Plus, Ovy's analogs for Crosby's blank playoffs would be something like Ovy scoring 10 goals in a season.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
oh so they arent as informed as you are? :sarcasm: what a coincidence.

Are you going to add anything else other than these weak ass snide remarks?

Give or take, I have Bobby Hull, Maurice Richard, Jean Beliveau and Doug Harvey in front. I also probably have Denis Potvin and Raymond Bourque in front.

Now this is assuming you’ve heard of those guys or read up on them. I’m making a pretty big leap here.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Because Ovy's "low" seasons can be easily explained by Hunter's defensive approach and a lockout. Plus, Ovy's analogs for Crosby's blank playoffs would be something like Ovy scoring 10 goals in a season.

No they wouldn't, because you're talking about an incredibly small sample size of 4 games.

If Crosby has a 20-game playoff where he scores like 5 points, THEN that would be something to question. But struggling through a small 4 game sample size isn't close to being the same thing.

I mean, it's just idiotic. Crosby has 186 points in 164 playoff games, yet an 8 game sample size (4 this year, 4 versus Boston) somehow is better to judge him on? Do you not see how stupid that is?

Sentinel

May 26, 2009
New Jersey
www.vvinenglish.com
No they wouldn't, because you're talking about an incredibly small sample size of 4 games.

If Crosby has a 20-game playoff where he scores like 5 points, THEN that would be something to question. But struggling through a small 4 game sample size isn't close to being the same thing.

I mean, it's just idiotic. Crosby has 186 points in 164 playoff games, yet an 8 game sample size (4 this year, 4 versus Boston) somehow is better to judge him on? Do you not see how stupid that is?
It's not stupid at all because playoffs matter more than the regular season and I don't give a damn about sample sizes. Crosby was a no-show in several series, he was eaten alive by Zetterberg, Toews, Bergeron, and now what, Cizikis? That cost his team greatly.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
It's not stupid at all because playoffs matter more than the regular season and I don't give a damn about sample sizes. Crosby was a no-show in several series, he was eaten alive by Zetterberg, Toews, Bergeron, and now what, Cizikis? That cost his team greatly.

Was Datsyuk a playoff choker? I see a couple of 0 points in 4 and 5 game stretches, as well as a handful of 1 or less goals in multiple playoff years.

Also, now I know you're making shit up when you say Crosby was "eaten alive" by Toews in the playoffs. The Pens have never met the Hawks in the playoffs.

Reactions: Tad Mikowsky

May 17, 2009
Maine
Yzerman took a lot of **** early in his career about his playoff performances...look how he turned out...

Kucherov is young and has plenty of time to turn around....he can be Yzerman....or Thornton....choice is his

Yeah, it's worth noting that Crosby is still younger than Yzerman was when he won his first cup. Different situation, of course, due to the cap and the challenges the Pens face getting their roster balanced. But still, I'm sorta thinking Sid's career might not be over.

Son Goku

henlo u stinky egg
Mar 8, 2014
The World Of Void
Are you going to add anything else other than these weak ass snide remarks?

Give or take, I have Bobby Hull, Maurice Richard, Jean Beliveau and Doug Harvey in front. I also probably have Denis Potvin and Raymond Bourque in front.

Now this is assuming you’ve heard of those guys or read up on them. I’m making a pretty big leap here.
implying you haven’t made anything but narrative driven replies so far. I have Crosby ahead of Bourque, Potvin, Harvey at the current. By the time he retires I believe he will surpass all of those players including Believeau. Would you like to continue attacking my intelligence with absolutely no basis, or would you like to have a rational unbiased discussion?

Sentinel

May 26, 2009
New Jersey
www.vvinenglish.com
Was Datsyuk a playoff choker? I see a couple of 0 points in 4 and 5 game stretches, as well as a handful of 1 or less goals in multiple playoff years.

Also, now I know you're making **** up when you say Crosby was "eaten alive" by Toews in the playoffs. The Pens have never met the Hawks in the playoffs.
Scratch Toews, and the point still stands.

It took a while for Datsyuk to get going in playoffs, although TBF he was far more valuable when he didn't score than Crosby. But Datsyuk is not exactly in the conversation for "one of the best in playoffs," Crosby is. And Crosby has some glaring holes in his playoff resume.

Dingo

Jul 13, 2018
This year's implosion (2 Pts 0G in 3 GP) and suspension-worthy hit took a toll on his image. He has no Cups yet. If he get Cups then he can be mentioned in the vicinity of Crosby.
Two points in 3 games is an implosion? Lol
Hard marker.

May 17, 2009
Maine

1+1=3 and I don't give a damn what you or Principia Mathematica says.

Son Goku

henlo u stinky egg
Mar 8, 2014
The World Of Void

It took a while for Datsyuk to get going in playoffs, although TBF he was far more valuable when he didn't score than Crosby. But Datsyuk is not exactly in the conversation for "one of the best in playoffs," Crosby is. And Crosby has some glaring holes in his playoff resume.
he does? He’s been held pointless in one series in his career. swept twice. thats 8 games and 1 point. But the larger sample size is what he’s done in the playoffs in almost 200 games. He’s easily the best playoff performer overall in his generation. While we’re at it, lets remember that almost every hall of fame player has had bad series in their careers. I wouldn’t call 2 series five or six years apart a “glaring hole”

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006

I am sorry, but 2 Conn Smythe trophies, 3 cups and 10th overall in ALL TIME playoff points (will definitely finish Top 5) still makes you think he has "glaring holes"? Yeah, ok... unless you're a notorious Crosby hater (which you are, but that's besides the point).

Besides, Crosby was PPG in 2008 SCF and did just fine against Zetterberg.

Sentinel

May 26, 2009
New Jersey
www.vvinenglish.com
I am sorry, but 2 Conn Smythe trophies, 3 cups and 10th overall in ALL TIME playoff points (will definitely finish Top 5) still makes you think he has "glaring holes"? Yeah, ok... unless you're a notorious Crosby hater (which you are, but that's besides the point).

Besides, Crosby was PPG in 2008 SCF and did just fine against Zetterberg.
I am far from a Crosby hater but his achievements (including one extremely weak CS) do not cover up the holes.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
I am far from a Crosby hater but his achievements (including one extremely weak CS) do not cover up the holes.

I would say the opposite. The achievements far, far outweigh the supposed "holes" in his playoffs resume. It's not even close, tbh.

We're talking about an individual who is currently the most successful playoff player in the entire NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad