Kronwalls hit on Kucherov MOD WARNING IN OP (Kronwall suspended for Game 7) - Part II

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
If Glendening keeps moving forward, it would have been shoulder.

So if I buy two tickets; I will win the loterry. Since I bought one ticket; I will not win the lottery.
You can't make predictions on what is going to happen.
The facts are that Palat launched and left his feet, his elbow made direct contact to the head, and he boarded Glendening's head into the glass. I don't think either should be suspended, but Palat's hit is more servere. He launched from his feet, where Kronwall barely left the ground until he made contact.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Nothing personal against you, but the league got this wrong on so many levels. They let so much stuff go, and suspend this hit. One hit is equally dangerous and very similar gets nothing. We have guys breaking wrist with slashes, nut tapping, WWE and, slamming peoples heads in the glass without suspensions .

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
So if I buy two tickets; I will win the loterry. Since I bought one ticket; I will not win the lottery.
The facts are that Palat launched and left his feet, his elbow made direct contact to the head, and he boarded Glendening's head into the glass. I don't think either should be suspended, but Palat's hit is more servere. He launched from his feet, where Kronwall barely left the ground until he made contact.

You're comparing games of chance to actual laws of motion and physics. If two cars are traveling at one another and neither adjusts the course, they will collide head on.

If one car swerves left or right at the last second, they're still going to make contact, just not at the same point that they would have if they didn't adjust their course.

I know your point is that you can't predict where the contact would have happened were Glendening to not hit the brakes, but there's no way Palat still makes contact with the head if he doesn't pull up like he did.

This discussion happens probably 20 times during the season. I remember vividly this same discussion taking place with Kucherov on his supposed boarding of a Jets player (name escapes me) that turned his back to the contact at the last minute. Half the folks (generally the fans of the player being questioned as the hitter) will feel the hit was fine and the other half (generally fans of the player that was hit) will cry for blood. Which generally boils down to it was borderline and probably deserved a penalty.

There is overwhelming favorable response to the suspension of Kronwall. Not just from Lightning fans, from several sources, including several media outlets. There is no such response (or really, even discussion) outside of this message board that isn't being generated by Wings fans.

Last edited:

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Nothing personal against you, but the league got this wrong on so many levels. They let so much stuff go, and suspend this hit. One hit is equally dangerous and very similar gets nothing. We have guys breaking wrist with slashes, nut tapping, WWE and, slamming peoples heads in the glass without suspensions .

1) :laugh::laugh::laugh: "breaking"

2) That was like 4 years ago and under a different DoPS

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012

You have to understand players delivering a hit don't have time to adjust to a last second change of direction. That hit was penalizable but Luke put also himself in a vulnerable position and you can't take it out of the equation.

So if Palat is guilty, it's only by suspicion and that's not enough to suspend him.

Riddum

Nov 5, 2008
Montreal
Well deserved.

This. The dude deserved 10 games. How many times has he left his feet to hit someone in the head? Even when hits to the heads weren't illegal, his hits were malicious. He'll never learn. There's a highlight reel of dangerous hits from him.

I'm all for good canadian hockey from western Canada but I can't stand the disregard players have for their peers' well being, in the moment.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
My hockey pool really needs Tampa Bay to win game 7.

So yeah, the NHL got this one right. :D

JIMVINNY

Nov 9, 2007
Worse charges by Belesky and Wilson went unpunished. I think the wings are a bunch of interfering cheaters, but this hit was no worse than several we've seen in the past two weeks. NHL ops are a bunch of morons.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Worse charges by Belesky and Wilson went unpunished. I think the wings are a bunch of interfering cheaters, but this hit was no worse than several we've seen in the past two weeks. NHL ops are a bunch of morons.

wilson didn't leave his feet before impact, or connect elbow/forearm to the head. not comparable at all.

now palat on the other hand...

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
It's the lack of consistency that hurts the most. Not Palat specifically, but things like Subban's slash or Weber's WWE move on Zetterberg a few years back.

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
wilson didn't leave his feet before impact, or connect elbow/forearm to the head. not comparable at all.

now palat on the other hand...

Neither did Kronwall if you would care to look at any of the still images or slow motion replays.

now Palat on the other hand.....

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
Probably wouldnt have gotten suspended if he didnt have such a long rapsheet of dirty hits.

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
come on, kronwall's feet absolutely were off the ice before impact

Kronwall1_zpscghzzwff.jpg

Kronwall2_zpss9usdz90.jpg

One foot very clearly on the ice at the point of contact (you can see the Kronwall touching his shoulder there in the first picture, not his head, btw).

Just going by what I see very clearly in front of me. These pictures have been posted a lot, are people just ignoring them?

jimmy1100

Feb 17, 2007
Colorado Springs
Absolute garbage! And all because we live in a world where ridiculous lawsuits brought by football and hockey players that have no merit have scared pro sports leagues into taking ridiculous protective measures to avvoid being sued.

This suspension has nothing to do with what actually happened and everything to do with league optics regarding concussion lawsuits.

Cause, you know, grown men that play hockey and football aren't intelligent enough to know there are concussion risk with pro sports that could have long term effects. And nobody had any idea smoking was bad for their lungs either...

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Absolute garbage! And all because we live in a world where ridiculous lawsuits brought by football and hockey players that have no merit have scared pro sports leagues into taking ridiculous protective measures to avvoid being sued.

This suspension has nothing to do with what actually happened and everything to do with league optics regarding concussion lawsuits.

Cause, you know, grown men that play hockey and football aren't intelligent enough to know there are concussion risk with pro sports that could have long term effects. And nobody had any idea smoking was bad for their lungs either...

Ummm... seriously?

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
One foot very clearly on the ice at the point of contact (you can see the Kronwall touching his shoulder there in the first picture, not his head, btw).

Just going by what I see very clearly in front of me. These pictures have been posted a lot, are people just ignoring them?

the nhl video shows it clearly, this isn't even in question.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Kronwall1_zpscghzzwff.jpg

Kronwall2_zpss9usdz90.jpg

People ignore the things that make them wrong.

Thats what Humans do if they are stubborn, Ignore the facts right infront of their face.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Which is why still frames is not the best way to judge things that happen at ~30mph on ice. Watching the video it's absolutely clear Kronwall launches into that hit. Absolutely not debatable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad