Kronwalls hit on Kucherov MOD WARNING IN OP (Kronwall suspended for Game 7) - Part II

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
It's just known? That sounds an awful lot like confirmation bias.

People have been crying about Detroit's interference for years, namely Ed Olczyk. These coaches must be idiots not to adapt to a strategy that a single team has been using for years to win a lot more games.

If Detroit truly interfered significantly more than every other team in the league, it just doesn't follow that other teams haven't adopted the strategy (which they could implement fairly quickly) and there's still no explanation how the Wings manage to get away with interfering more than every other team without getting called for so many penalties it's just not worth it.

Interferrence ran rapid that series. Its not my biased. I actually think it was good Coaching on Babcock's part and he forced Cooper to adapt or get eliminated. So Coop adapted in Game six and started to give it back. That isn't bias'd. Its fact. :laugh:

Its also why game six looked like full blown dead trap era hockey. Because it was.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
It's just known? That sounds an awful lot like confirmation bias.

People have been crying about Detroit's interference for years, namely Ed Olczyk. These coaches must be idiots not to adapt to a strategy that a single team has been using for years to win a lot more games.

If Detroit truly interfered significantly more than every other team in the league, it just doesn't follow that other teams haven't adopted the strategy (which they could implement fairly quickly) and there's still no explanation how the Wings manage to get away with interfering more than every other team without getting called for so many penalties it's just not worth it.

As DFC has stated. More teams have adapted it. It really goes to a personnel issue as well. Some organizations simply can't do it as effectively as DET or LAK or ANA or PIT(vs NYR this year they tried). DET is ahead of the curve. It's a cost/benefit analysis of 5 on 5 play vs. possibly taking a penalty. The math doesn't always benefit you to play that way. You're going to get called for plenty of penalties either way. The brilliance of DET is that they are masters of it because they're ahead of the curve.

They rarely interfere anywhere near the puck. It's not always the 2nd guy joining the rush either, it's the late coming defenseman or 3rd forward coming up the ice in transition who gets the lane clogged intentionally or gets the stick held/jersey tugged or waterskiid on. Other teams do do it and they're doing it increasingly well.

The league is going to have to step in and mandate that the obstruction is called or we'll have more years of <90point scorers in this league.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
https://scontent-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/h...=6c3cbcaef55aa08071b4a4998da38ae2&oe=55D0E9FB

Best breakdown of the suspension conspiracy. In the end the team with more talent won, and Detroit took that team to game 7 and almost won. Tampa is too talented on both ends, and Detroit showed them what playoff hockey is about. Battling for every puck, inch, anb phsyical play. I will never agree with the suspension, because quite frankly it was straight garbage, and anyone who says different is not looking at the facts. Life moves on DET was not a Cup threat, and TBL have a better team. May the best of luck to them. I am rooting for my second team( hometown team) to win the cup now.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Interferrence ran rapid that series. Its not my biased. I actually think it was good Coaching on Babcock's part and he forced Cooper to adapt or get eliminated. So Coop adapted in Game six and started to give it back. That isn't bias'd. Its fact. :laugh:

Its also why game six looked like full blown dead trap era hockey. Because it was.

I was referring to more than this series. The Wings apparently have been getting away with it for years now.

You also need to look up what constitutes a fact.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
As DFC has stated. More teams have adapted it. It really goes to a personnel issue as well. Some organizations simply can't do it as effectively as DET or LAK or ANA or PIT(vs NYR this year they tried). DET is ahead of the curve. It's a cost/benefit analysis of 5 on 5 play vs. possibly taking a penalty. The math doesn't always benefit you to play that way. You're going to get called for plenty of penalties either way. The brilliance of DET is that they are masters of it because they're ahead of the curve.

They rarely interfere anywhere near the puck. It's not always the 2nd guy joining the rush either, it's the late coming defenseman or 3rd forward coming up the ice in transition who gets the lane clogged intentionally or gets the stick held/jersey tugged or waterskiid on. Other teams do do it and they're doing it increasingly well.

The league is going to have to step in and mandate that the obstruction is called or we'll have more years of <90point scorers in this league.

I'm not disagreeing that interference has grown overall the last few seasons. I just disagree with the myth that the Wings have somehow been getting away with it much more than anyone else and now others have followed that trend.

Players will take whatever you give them, and the NHL has allowed interference to creep back in across the league.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Yes, taught as part of ensuring your own personal safety it's best to not put yourself in a position where you can get clobbered. That said, messing up and having your head down is NOT a green light to mow someone down. It's why the boarding rule was expanded, why we put STOP signs on teenagers' jerseys. Again, go read the boarding rule, it's all very clear the logic here, the word "defenceless" is specifically mentioned. The same logic would apply to open ice hits.

And as many people have stated, why keep your head up then if people like you are saying he can't be hit? What's holding a player back from skating full speed straight up the ice with his head down when he knows if someone hits him he will be suspended.

If posters like you had their way then we'll see players doing this while the D try to poke check the puck away from him. Is this really what you want to see?

Really becoming sick of what the NHL (and lower leagues) have become.

Nomahe

Apr 25, 2015
And as many people have stated, why keep your head up then if people like you are saying he can't be hit? What's holding a player back from skating full speed straight up the ice with his head down when he knows if someone hits him he will be suspended.

If posters like you had their way then we'll see players doing this while the D try to poke check the puck away from him. Is this really what you want to see?

Really becoming sick of what the NHL (and lower leagues) have become.

Yea, not even sure what he's saying. Maybe he means something other than his post says.

Scott Stevens made a living out of that. While yes the game has changed now, those hits were legal then.

Eric Lindros would have played a lot longer if he kept his head up but he was so used to being so big and going through the neutral zone with his head down while growing up, it caught up to him in the NHL.

Skating with your head down the whole way down the ice is nothing but a green light to get hit so I'm sure he meant something else or is arguing a technicality.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->