Kronwalls hit on Kucherov MOD WARNING IN OP (Kronwall suspended for Game 7) - Part II

studDUGY

Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Thought it was a nice hit. Don't understand why he got suspended...

Either suspend both or neither of them. As a Habs fan, I just find it really unfair for the Red Wings, imo.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice, shame on me.
Fool me dozens of times, and I guess even the DOPS eventually gets tired of looking stupid.

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
what a bull**** call.

Good job helping TB win, NHL.

What happens with a Palat?

Incredibly lame.

Palat didn't even get a penalty on that hit? Or a discipline hearing?

This league is a joke.

If you suspend Kronwall, you have to suspend Palat.

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
How is it any different than what Palat did then? Just curious, not trolling.

On the surface, probably not much different. If you really break down each play and look at the history of the two players (I understand Kronwall has a longer history. He also has a long history of borderline hits too) they're completely different plays.

Did Palat deserve to sit a few minutes for making head contact? Sure.

Should there be some ridiculous outcry for him to be suspended? No.

benusmc

Feb 11, 2008
No problem with the suspension when looking purely at the hit. My issue is that you let Shea Weber smash Z's head against the board and didn't give him ****. You let Malkin swing a stick at a players head and starta fight with less than 5 minutes of the game and then reverse the ****ing rules for him. Kind of makes you bitter when you try to claim player safety after 2 were non-hockey plays and didn't get anything.

Yzlamic Preacher*

How is it any different than what Palat did then? Just curious, not trolling.

Glendening stopped to avoid the hit, if he didn't then it would have been shoulder to shoulder. Aside from that nothing at all. The league suspended Kronwall because they felt there was intent there where as Palat was circumstance. Is it right who knows, but should Palat have got a game? I personally think if they gave Kronwall one, they should have gave Palat one.

vladdy16

Aug 2, 2005
Just want to reiterate that the impact of the hit was the only thing putting kucherovs head in jeopardy, not kronwalls technique.

TMLer

I was saying boo-urns
Feb 11, 2013
Ottawa
I get the whole "if one deserves a suspension then the other does too" but is palat that much of an offensive threat that he NEEDS to be suspended? Guys got 3 pts lol.

Don't get me wrong wings fans. I'm cheering for ya and hope you win tomorrow but the suspension was a good call.

namtaru

Jul 21, 2013
HartAU said:
No dog in the fight, and couldn't care less who wins Game 7. My take...

The Kronwall hit and the Palat hit are just not comparable.

Kronwall takes as many quick steps as he can to build as much momentum as he can before jumping into a hit. Palat glides in and finishes a check.
Here is the point I have exception with, a lot of people are saying this...

I'm just going to leave the following two pictures here. He skated a total of about 5 feet. Everyone is making it sound like he skated all the way down teh entire ice and lined him up. If you watch the video, at the point in the first picture he is basically at a dead stop changing directions.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXRq9YjFhI0&t=8s

7SmddHv.jpg

essj936.jpg

HartAU said:
Kronwall throws his arm out to make sure he makes more contact. Palat's arm is tucked in.

Again, I'm simply posting what happened, if people think that Kronwall lead with his arm out and Palat didn't, they are delusional.

GWlPN4P.jpg

ihRGZ6I.jpg

edit for clarification: I'm OK with this suspension, hits to the head are not OK. But people saying the Palat hit and Kronwall hit are entirely different are crazy.

albo23

Apr 12, 2009
I'm sure the league will do the right thing and suspend Palat as well.

Oh wait.. he didn't even have a hearing? :laugh:

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
I get the whole "if one deserves a suspension then the other does too" but is palat that much of an offensive threat that he NEEDS to be suspended? Guys got 3 pts lol.

Don't get me wrong wings fans. I'm cheering for ya and hope you win tomorrow but the suspension was a good call.

It's not about the call itself, it's about double standards that make him to the only one who got suspended, whereas several other disputable plays (not restricted to this series) were unpunished. That's just another sign for the inconsistency of the ruling.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad