Kris Russell with a filthy snipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
How would you feel as an Oilers fan after tonight?

I'd feel that our GM built a team to compete for a Cup in the 2011-2012 season and thus far has failed to adapt to the modern speed game, that for whatever reason our coach is not getting this team ready to play right out of the gate, that we desperately need Larsson, Sekera, and Talbot back, and that despite injuries and bad luck we gave a very good team everything they could handle.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
hc3LZYu.jpg

Lol, tied for 1st in the league in wins, I think we're good.

You might be good, but I think Nazem needs the bathroom and a change of hockey pants, judging by that photo.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Hard to be too satisfied this win after such a bizarre lucky ending , Oilers deserved a better fate.....but their fans don't.

Oilers played 1 decent period and relied on their 4th line for their offence. They didn’t deserve anything IMO. Broissant kept them in this game.

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
So, this isn’t about the Russell goal really, it’s just another thread Lead fans are using to troll Oiler fans. I guess the Oiler GDT and PGT weren’t enough?

Yeah, it had absolutely nothing to do with the "Laughs vs Oil" PGT title that one of your fellow Oiler fans posted. I guess you can say that.....we got the last Laugh. (puts on shades)

YEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Yeah, it had absolutely nothing to do with the "Laughs vs Oil" PGT title that one of your fellow Oiler fans posted. I guess you can say that.....we got the last Laugh. (puts on shades)

YEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!

I don't really care that that was their thread title. But to start moaning about getting "trolled" when they shot first is just sad. Of course some jabs would go their way.

OccasionalPoster

Nov 18, 2017
Always finding creative and fun ways to embarrass. After I grew numb to the losses, I learned I was more so a hockey fan than an Oilers fan. With that in mind, I can comfortably watch the Oilers and appreciate them for what they are - a joke of a franchise.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
It's a shame Oilers fans have to come up with these excuses....we won many a game without Matthews this year.

Excuses? It took Russell LITERALLY SHOOTING THE PUCK INTO HIS OWN NET for Toronto to beat Edmonton - after blowing 2-0, 3-1, and 4-3 leads.

Plan the parade, kids!

I swear schools don't start early enough in Ontario.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Excuses? It took Russell LITERALLY SHOOTING THE PUCK INTO HIS OWN NET for Toronto to beat Edmonton - after blowing 2-0, 3-1, and 4-3 leads.

Plan the parade, kids!

Who's to say we wouldn't have won the game later? You forget the Leafs beat the Oilers twice last year to? I know you Oilers fans would have loved to gloat tonight but alas the hockey gods made you eat it.

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region

Plan the parade, kids!

Actually, it would of gone into overtime with no decisive winner in regulation. Nice try.

Ps: I refrained from making a city of Edmonton joke because well...its would be too damn easy.

Reactions: ThewThew

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016
The most incredible part of this play is watching the highlight actually made Kadri likeable for a second. Dude's like wtf is this clown doing.

Reactions: ChurchOfMatthews

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Who's to say we wouldn't have won the game later? You forget the Leafs beat the Oilers twice last year to? I know you Oilers fans would have loved to gloat tonight but alas the hockey gods made you eat it.

Nah, we hate Calgary way more. To
The average Oiler fan Toronto is pretty irrelevant. I actually like watching the Leafs play, it's an exciting brand of hockey. Pond hockey doesnt win Cups tho.

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
I rarely post, if at all, but man that was hilarious. In the famous words of Matt Murray, sometimes, you just gotta laugh.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Of course they do, no fan base is really that better or worse. They all have a mix of insightful posters, funny posters, idiotic posters and trolls, the only difference is here you have a larger Leaf presence.

Even on a proportional level that doesn't explain it.

Anyways, it was a great game. Brutal way to end it but great game nonetheless.

Reactions: ThewThew

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
Of course they do, no fan base is really that better or worse. They all have a mix of insightful posters, funny posters, idiotic posters and trolls, the only difference is here you have a larger Leaf presence.

That’s a load of garbage.

This wasn’t one or two wayward fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad