Kris Russell with a filthy snipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brownbeard

Oct 6, 2017
Hard not to feel bad for the guy. That picture of Kadri laughing will stick around for a while as will the video. But what was he thinking? We all have brain farts though.

We'll take it. The Leafs dominated in the first, the Oil were better in the second and the third was pretty even. Leafs gave up too many shots, but Brossoit made some big saves to keep at least two, maybe more sure goals out.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
The one the Leafs got outshot 45-36 and got outscored 4-2 at even strength? (Minus Russell's flub)

Sure the Oilers played better in period 2 and 3 but they were lucky that it wasn't 5-1 after the 1st.

Oilers are a desperate team, this stretch is their entire season, doesn't surprise me they went down swinging like that.

Leafs had a lot more high danger chances than the Oilers. 18 to 12

Reactions: Cotton

Brownbeard

Oct 6, 2017
The one the Leafs got outshot 45-36 and got outscored 4-2 at even strength? (Minus Russell's flub)

Sometimes you have to consider the quality of shots. In the first, the Leafs' shot quality was very high. The Oilers didn't seem to have as many great shots even though they had more.

Reactions: Cotton

Matt24

Apr 8, 2013
Not only this is a disaster of a play (I legit am not sure what he was even trying to do), this is exactly the type of game the Oilers could be looking back on and saying "What If" if they barely miss the playoffs. They deserved 2 points, the fact they got nothing considering they need whatever they can get at this point has to be deflating.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Yeah, I mean, considering you were trailing most of the game, its most likely you will out shoot us due to score effects. We won the possession battle with score adjustments.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Summarizes our season.

Hockey felt fun again for about 30 mins then that. 1 good season in 11, why us Oiler fans still stand by this team I don't know.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I like Russell for what he is, I really do. But what he is NOT is a 4mil 2nd pairing guy. What an atrocious contract

He’s a bottom pairing guy that a team should be happy if they could sign for a 1 year 1 million deal, not a long term commitment like 4x4.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Hard not to feel bad for the guy. That picture of Kadri laughing will stick around for a while as will the video. But what was he thinking? We all have brain farts though.

We'll take it. The Leafs dominated in the first, the Oil were better in the second and the third was pretty even. Leafs gave up too many shots, but Brossoit made some big saves to keep at least two, maybe more sure goals out.
Kadri is a troll. That's what he does. He seems to stick it to the Oilers like Heatley did to the Leafs.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Weak thread, it was just an accident.
Hey, at least my team's dmen don't try to kill the goalie until after they score

fatality.gif

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Laine: "Mr. Russell I now relinquish the "own goal" hat over to you."
Russell: "What? I don't want it. What do I do with that?"
Laine: "You wear it until the next guy rockets a howitzer into his own net."
Russell: "But that could take years."
Laine: "Well if you're lucky, you may only have to wait a year. But it could take much longer."
Russell: "Nooooooo!"

Russell is the Blitz

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Sure the Oilers played better in period 2 and 3 but they were lucky that it wasn't 5-1 after the 1st.

Oilers are a desperate team, this stretch is their entire season, doesn't surprise me they went down swinging like that.

Leafs had a lot more high danger chances than the Oilers. 18 to 12

Brossoit had some nice stops but that Martin goal was awful.

For a team down their starting goalie and two of their top three defencemen, Edmonton more than held their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad