Votes: 27 26.7%
  • Anaheim Ducks

Votes: 7 6.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Between those two, probably New Jersey.

Unless he comes in under 8. Only way I can see him and Toronto making a deal and even then that's iffy.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Anaheim…. To play under PV and with killorn and gudas.

Bring a captain to the roster, to help develop the young cores leadership abilities.

Young group that’s ready to start trending to the top of the league again…. Stamkos wants to be part of it, even lead it

Reactions: LuGBuG

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
Between those two, probably New Jersey.

Unless he comes in under 8. Only way I can see him and Toronto making a deal and even then that's iffy.

Poll was prematurely posted by mistake - added more teams

Anaheim…. To play under PV and with killorn and gudas.

Bring a captain to the roster, to help develop the young cores leadership abilities.

Good option. I'll add them to poll

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Poll was prematurely posted by mistake - added more teams

Good option. I'll add them to poll
Yep we got a ton of cap space, he’d be a great mentor along side gudas, killorn and Vatrano for the young group.

He’s familiar with Pv

And he could be the missing piece to get this team going the right way(also could add a guy like Roy or demelo to really make us a playoff contender in the pacific)

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
If he can’t come to a deal with Tampa then he will go with the biggest contract offer. IMO that will be Utah.

Reactions: Macheteops

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
Will be interesting to see. Tampa has a ton of appeal, obviously, and while he's no doubt still driven, having those two Cups in the bank means he doesn't have to wonder whether the grass is greener somewhere else. I still think it's more likely than not he re-signs with Tampa, but depending on how much Tampa needs him to take a haircut, all it takes is one team offering more and an extra year and then you could be talking about leaving real money on the table to stay.

Reactions: wetcoast and Fatass

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
With Utah supposedly going big game hunting, you’ve got to assume they’re topping every other offer for Stamkos/Reinhart/etc. They’ll be sitting on like 35 million in capspace to go get like 4 players. I’d put money on it being Tampa or Utah

Captain34

Sep 18, 2019
How exactly do you expect the Leafs to afford him?

Well, there are rumors that the Leafs will look to unload Marner and his almost $11m cap hit...I personally don't think Stamkos would be a good fit given the current roster construction and think he will stay in Tampa.

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
making the assumption that the lightning lets him go. I can see Utah making the best offer for him. He has the name cache that a new team needs.

Juxta Position

Jul 2, 2006
I voted Edmonton, mainly tongue in cheek solely because I think it would be absolutely hilarious if he went there to chase a cup with Conner and Leon after so many years of the Oilers being either last or 2nd last on free agent destinations before McDavid arrived.

Reactions: GreeningOil

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad