Kris Russell with a filthy snipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
@BayStBullies
Damn shame after the Oilers were far and away the better team for the majority of that game. Double shame that Russell was having a great game before that.

It happens, Laine did it about a year ago.

What game did you watch? Oilers didn't show up at all in the first period. The third period was back and forth.
No where near close to "the better team"

Reactions: Cotton

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Damn shame after the Oilers were far and away the better team for the majority of that game. Double shame that Russell was having a great game before that.

It happens, Laine did it about a year ago.
All in all it was a close game, we dominated you guys more than the 16-13 shots would suggest in the 1st then you guys took it to us till about 6 mins left. Then it was fairly even after than.

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
I was going to commend him for scoring a goal earlier in the game, since a lot of people know he's not that good, and probably doesn't deserve that contract, you have to get your compliments in when you can

And then that happened, completely undoing his goal and more given the point in the game it happened. Not sure what he was thinking there, you have to be aware of where you are and in what direction you're whacking the puck.

That's something that Ron Hainsey would have ended this, as a Jets fan, trust me we know. But Ron got hurt and probably affected his clutch scoring abilities. Very shrewd of Russell to step up like that on a huge Hype NHL night.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Kadris interview was pretty savage too. I tried to pressure him and knew he threw it somewhere back didn’t realize he hit the 5 hole ahaaaa

On a real note the constantly getting outshot is scary for the leafs and Babcocks line combo are truly mind blowing.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
I'm still processing that goal. He must have been aiming for the corner but.....not even close.

He's going to feel terrible for a good while after that one.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I should go dig up his signing thread to see lots of Oilers fans liking it.

The standard "eye test" mouth breathers liked it because he blocks a lot of shots so that must mean he's good, or something.

His contract was one of a handful of commitments to mediocrity Chiarelli made this summer. Was obvious he was the weak link in their top 4 last season and now he's mostly been playing bottom pairing even with Sekera hurt.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
The standard "eye test" mouth breathers liked it because he blocks a lot of shots so that must mean he's good, or something.

His contract was one of a handful of commitments to mediocrity Chiarelli made this summer. Was obvious he was the weak link in their top 4 last season and now he's mostly been playing bottom pairing even with Sekera hurt.
True.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad