Dreger: Kreider most likely to be traded after contract talks. 1st Rounder on the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
I don’t think everything these insiders report is only based on what a team is asking for. I think they get a sense of what an eventual trade will cost, given the different considerations. I think people who’ve seen enough of these trades usually are able to decipher the eventual price.

Not with any type of accuracy. I think unless an insider said "XXX was offered for YYY, and the team is considering it", we don't know too much about the eventual price.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
If anything, this makes the move for Kreider not Palmieri more possible as the cap space is freed up this year for him and next year for Krug and DeBrusk. Palmieri has term next year...

Gr8CornHolio

Feb 20, 2020
The Rangers should focus on a trade with Vegas solves all their probems....

We should be trading with Las Vegas.......

Kreider, Lundqvist, Staal for Vegas 2nd and Cody Eakin.

One could wish :laugh:

Solves all our problem!!

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
I wonder if the Rangers have an internal deadline prior to the TDL.

Deal that knocks them off their socks for Kreider by tonight or tomorrow night. Otherwise unload anything else that isn't part of the long term plan.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Would make more sense.

Getting Kase and Palmieri is better than getting CK.

Smart of they pull that off.

Marchand- Bergeron- Pasta
DeBrusk- Krejci- Palmieri
Bjork- Coyle- Kase
2 runs with that top9.

I just don’t like the idea of re-signing Palmieri at all. My issue with his contract/age.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Avs wouldn't move a 1st or Kaut? Then what would they give up? A second and an AHL player?

I think they would move both if Kreider is willing to talk an extension as part of the deal.
This has always felt strange to me. Sakic himself and many of the media guys have said that Sakic is looking at players with term and prefers to do a hockey deal but the Avs also always get mentioned as the frontrunners for Kreider who is exactly the opposite of that.

Similarly as with Hall I believe the Avs have a lot of interest in Kreider and like him as a player but would want to talk contract with him and gauge atleast the possibility of an immediate extension before they give up good value for him.
Which probably won't happen but I have a tough time reconciling what Sakic has said and done himself in the recent past with him splurging a 1st+ one of his better prospects on a pure rental. That would really fly in the face of what he has tried to do in recent history which was to take a longterm approach to building this team into a perenial contender.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Everybody prefers to do a hockey deal, with term, you give up a little more and worst case scenario you recoup some assets when you trade the player in their UFA year (most likely the next year). The problem is most teams don't just give away their top 6 players with term. You have NJD and Montreal that could part with a top 6 winger, but I'm sure the ask is greater than trading for Kreider right now.

I'm waiting for Colorado to make a different move, and the teams with a few of the prospects had our eyes on can be off the table thanks to playing a waiting game. Yeah, we're catching up on points and getting closer to teams in front of us, but we need to move Kreider or sign him immediately. I trust they know what they're doing but I fear a panic deadline deal here for less than we should have gotten.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The big difference is Makar and Hughes are better skaters but apart from that they're all about the same. Fox might well be the Rangers best defenseman in the next year or two. DeAngelo right now is getting the lion's share of the power play and is a smoother skater but Fox is younger, smarter and better defensively. The right side of our D has put up 100 points in 59 games (DeAngelo 45, Fox 31, Trouba 24---that's pretty astounding production.

I like Trouba in that he takes the harder assignments. I don't know if he's having his best year though. We need some D with size who can manage the front of the net and can take the lion's share of penalty kill time. DeAngelo fights well for his size but he's not really a physical player. Trouba allows Fox and DeAngelo to play more to their strengths. Fox is going to get better and better though.

Fox defends a lot better than Hughes, and probably at least as well as Makar. I'd personally rank them Makar, Fox, Hughes, but thats only my opinion.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Fox defends a lot better than Hughes, and probably at least as well as Makar. I'd personally rank them Makar, Fox, Hughes, but thats only my opinion.

Fox has been surprisingly good as a defender. I really like the pairing of him and Lindgren who played together on USA WJC teams. It's a smallish pairing but they play off each other really well. I like the edge that Lindgren brings but both of them strike me as super competitive. DeAngelo broke out offensively this year and I think Tony's defense has improved as well but really Fox is a better all around defenseman and as a rookie pro.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
I think they would move both if Kreider is willing to talk an extension as part of the deal.
This has always felt strange to me. Sakic himself and many of the media guys have said that Sakic is looking at players with term and prefers to do a hockey deal but the Avs also always get mentioned as the frontrunners for Kreider who is exactly the opposite of that.

Similarly as with Hall I believe the Avs have a lot of interest in Kreider and like him as a player but would want to talk contract with him and gauge atleast the possibility of an immediate extension before they give up good value for him.
Which probably won't happen but I have a tough time reconciling what Sakic has said and done himself in the recent past with him splurging a 1st+ one of his better prospects on a pure rental. That would really fly in the face of what he has tried to do in recent history which was to take a longterm approach to building this team into a perenial contender.

Agreed. Sakic is looking for long term and he isn't a gambler. The price diff between an extended Kreider vs. a Rental for him is big. I think Sakic would have traded for Hayes last off season if they were able to negotiate.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
If there's a deal in place for Kreider coming over to the Avs I see the trade being:
2020 first
2021 second
Kaut
Jost/Kamenev
Sampo Ranta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad