Dreger: Kreider most likely to be traded after contract talks. 1st Rounder on the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Whatever happens, we'll lose a great player in Kreider. We most likely won't even get a sniff at signing him in the offseason.

Not sure if Boston would but maybe Studnicka and a 2nd for Kreider and a 3rd?

I'm not getting my hopes up of getting some crazy offer so trying to be kind of fair I guess?

I still don't want any part of Jost from the Avs.

Let's just wait and see if JG has magic up his sleeves.

They can’t trade their only shot at Krejci replacement

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Whatever happens, we'll lose a great player in Kreider. We most likely won't even get a sniff at signing him in the offseason.

Not sure if Boston would but maybe Studnicka and a 2nd for Kreider and a 3rd?

I'm not getting my hopes up of getting some crazy offer so trying to be kind of fair I guess?

I still don't want any part of Jost from the Avs.

Let's just wait and see if JG has magic up his sleeves.
Let's not wait too long. If one of those teams makes a different move, we're really going to be cutting it close and playing hard ball while setting for less than we should have gotten. Then we can see all the posters talk about how they told us Kreider wouldn't return a boat load, even those that will be JG's fault and less about Kreider's value.

A really good D prospect is not what we need, but if that's the best, I'll all for trying to find a prospect swap with another team in the offseason.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014

sounds like its down to boston, colorado and washington.

Bob mentions isles but he says it would have to be a really good deal
Also mentions blues but thinks they are out after scandella trade

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
I don't think he said that they're asking for all of those things. They seem to be asking for a 1st, a good prospect, and a third piece which could be a lesser prospect, a player, or a conditional pick if he re-signs.
No the conditional pick will be part of it but purely based on re-signing. Potential 4 pieces in total.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I'd say from Colorado if a deal goes down it'll be along the lines of:

1st + Kaut(Potential Kreider replacement as well) + Ranta + Conditional 2021 3rd(Simply based on whether he re-signs or not).

Pretty solid haul for a rental but Kreider is pretty much the only legit Top 6 rental option this year so he will fetch an extra asset simply off that factor.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don't expect Landeskog to age all that well and I don't see them compensating Kadris for years of being underpaid either with Mac freshly breaking the bank once his contract is up in 2.5 years. So that leaves a giant hole at #2 C and a spot as the 3rd best forward open which IMO certainly is core territory. Odds are that the Avs till then won't be able to find anyone else that has a higher chance of filling that spot than Newhook in the draft or in free agency (they will be in cap trouble by then I would assume).

And you again are making my point. Kreider would be at best our 3rd most important winger. Arguably 4th if Bura can get on one of his hotstreaks in the playoffs hopefully. So why would you break the bank for your potentially 4th or 5th most important forward that is a rental to boot?

Why not go for a cheaper option and keep the powder dry for a trade for a core player down the line if the young guns don't cut it or the cap forces you to shake things up?

Also Bruins have nothing to replace Bergy/Krejci once these guys age out if they trade Studnicka.

These guys might go if we are talking getting a core player in return. But Kreider isn't that. Especially considering that he is only a rental. Thats why trading these pieces for him makes no sense to me.

Kreider wouldn't be coming into any team to be a core player. He would be coming into any team to be an important acquisition for teams that have a need for top six wingers towards winning a Stanley Cup this immediate season. The prices at the trade deadline are always ridiculous, and everyone knows that. But thats the market rate, and some teams improve at the deadline, and others don't. Maybe it'll make a difference towards winning the Cup, and maybe it won't.

Besides, as I already said, I don't think it's breaking the bank to give up non-core players. The top of the roster is a lot harder to replace than most think, and the middle/bottom of the roster is a lot easier to replace than most think. If you are taking away two players who will likely be part of the middle of the roster in 3-4 years, thats probably worth helping to improve your chances to win the Cup, if the team needs the help and thinks they can win the Cup. But maybe your team doesn't need the help and/or doesn't think they can win the Cup. If thats so, thats all there is to this discussion. However, these pieces we are discussing are not going to be core players, at least from how I view what a core player is. If you disagree, we can agree to disagree because I've given my view on what is a core player, and it certainly is not what players like Newhook or Studnicka project to be.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Confirmed by McKenzie.

1st Rounder
Solid Prospect
Mid-Prospect/Mid pick
Conditional Pick based on Kreider re-signing

Brian Burke also just said during the 1st int of the Bruins/Oilers game that a GM told him today the above package is what the NYR are asking for Kreider. Said the NYR want a 1st, top prospect + the other 2 assets you named above.

Reactions: The Sweetness

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019
PSA: interested teams might be too late to get Kreider for any kind of reasonable price.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
PSA: interested teams might be too late to get Kreider for any kind of reasonable price.

And Sakic just basically confirmed (responded with "thats a very good guess" and a smile to the assertion of a reporter that Newhook, Byram and Timmins are not available in a trade) and that everybody should be back for the playoffs for the Avs.
Also said that he would prefer a hockey trade but is not ruling out anything if the fit and price is right.

So yeah. Basically Kreider is most likely going to Boston unless 1st+ Kaut + type of deal gets it done...

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
And Sakic just basically confirmed (responded with "thats a very good guess" and a smile to the assertion of a reporter that Newhook, Byram and Timmins are not available in a trade) and that everybody should be back for the playoffs for the Avs.
Also said that he would prefer a hockey trade but is not ruling out anything if the fit and price is right.

So yeah. Basically Kreider is most likely going to Boston unless 1st+ Kaut + type of deal gets it done...
Id be Happy with a 1st + Kaut as a base for main pieces.

...and no way would Kreider bring back Newhook or Byram plus a first.

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019

Not sure I see a late 1st and a B prospect getting it done any more. These last 2 1/2 months of Kreider have been unreal. I'm starting to think the Rangers have to be floored, or they will just re-sign him and figure the cap out later. Guess we'll see soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad