Dreger: Kreider most likely to be traded after contract talks. 1st Rounder on the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brownies

I'm a huge believer that there are other options as good as a full rebuilt. Constantly making good decisions and keeping the good players (relative to budget) while removing the fat will slowly bring you to the top. There's more chance they end up with a lesser player than Kreider if they trade him, I think. If the price is right, I say keep him.

Reactions: belford22 and mm11

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
I'm a huge believer that there are other options as good as a full rebuilt. Constantly making good decisions and keeping the good players (relative to budget) while removing the fat will slowly bring you to the top. There's more chance they end up with a lesser player than Kreider if they trade him, I think. If the price is right, I say keep him.

Moving Kreider no matter what, is the right move.
Even if they are going to consider signing him as a UFA, you still move him now for assets. That is what a rebuilding team doing it correctly does.....get the most for its assets.

Reactions: charliemurphy

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017

Trade him, then re-sign if he'll take a discount is one thing. Outright not trading him at the deadline would be phenomenally stupid. This team will need the cheap ELC talent he'll fetch when our window starts opening in 2-3 years

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Moving Kreider no matter what, is the right move.
Even if they are going to consider signing him as a UFA, you still move him now for assets. That is what a rebuilding team doing it correctly does.....get the most for its assets.
Depends on what they get for him.
Like giving up the car for whats behind door number 3. Sometimes, its a washing machine.

slg1963

Jan 23, 2015
Canada
Like giving up the car for whats behind door number 3. Sometimes, its a washing machine.
It`s all a risk no matter what you do. Looking at our salary cap I do not see how we can afford him.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Probably already posted,but according to Bobby Mac, the Rangers and Kreider have very recently talked re-signing.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Probably already posted,but according to Bobby Mac, the Rangers and Kreider have very recently talked re-signing.
I've hear that as well. My guess is they are trying to structure something with a term of 5 years. Not sure how they fit him next year. Cap $ starts falling off the following year.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016

No it isn't. He is a UFA no matter if they move him or not. Get something for him now and let him know that if they are interested in signing him as a UFA, they will negotiate when that time comes. Either way, they need to get as much out of him as possible before closing the door on the rebuild.

It helps that he might be the most desirable asset out there for the TDL, so the return is going to be pretty substantial.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
No it isn't. He is a UFA no matter if they move him or not. Get something for him now and let him know that if they are interested in signing him as a UFA, they will negotiate when that time comes. Either way, they need to get as much out of him as possible before closing the door on the rebuild.

It helps that he might be the most desirable asset out there for the TDL, so the return is going to be pretty substantial.
What if the best offer is a late first and a decent prospect? What if CK agrees to a 5 year term for $6.5M?
We can play the prospect game until the cows come home. None of them are guaranteed. Sometimes a bird in hand.

Reactions: mm11

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
dollar.gif

Reactions: Morrison

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
I hope they trade him, reach an agreement with him. Sign him for $7M per season, 5 years as he becomes a UFA. I'd love to have him back on the team. But no more than 5 years.. 6 years @ $6-6,5M tops. But I'd be vary of offering him more than 5 years due to him being reliant on his physical abilities.

Problem is he can get 7x7 if he becomes an UFA. It all depends on how much he likes it on the Rangers and if he thinks they'll turn it around within a season or two.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Would trade him for a 1st round and A prospect. He is going to be the ideal rental for a contending team. So you want him, gonna have to pay.

Then Rangers sign him in the summer to like a 6.5-7 million and 6 year deal. Rangers get some insurance prospects, Kreider back, and the team who rented Kreider wins a cup. Everyone is happy.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Ranger’s have to do their due diligence and at least make the attempt. They did the same with Zucc and Hayes. Kreider is as good as gone. It makes no sense in any way shape or form to keep him without getting assets. If he wants to be a Ranger he can just sign in July again with us.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Trade him for the assets and then re-sign him. One is not dependent on the other
No, but putting your eggs in that basket isn't a very good idea.

1. You can't tell a player that. This isn't a hush-hush situation. If word got out and an investigation was done, NYR would be in big trouble here, potentially punished with a 1st round draft pick taken away.

2. You risk teams having a window to talk to Kreider when the season ends. An offer too good for Kreider to pass up may become available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille