Dreger: Kreider most likely to be traded after contract talks. 1st Rounder on the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
i know he's a pure rental, but are any Oilers fans in here? He'd bump Neal down and they need some secondary scoring from the wing.

Reactions: egelband

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Holy overpayment
It's going to take a 1st and a good prospect. Is what it is. Someone will pay up. He's the prize of the trade deadline.

Boston still keeps their #1 center prospect. They should be going all out with their window closing sooner than later.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
It's going to take a 1st and a good prospect. Is what it is. Someone will pay up. He's the prize of the trade deadline.

Boston still keeps their #1 center prospect. They should be going all out with their window closing sooner than later.

1st plus Beecher is the equivalent of two 1sts. I think Kreider will be in demand, but can't see a team giving up two 1sts.

RANGERS13ADL

Jan 26, 2020
I'm gonna jump in here and say this, i don't watch Kreider much, but if he's the same in every game as he was last night? Someone should jump at getting him quickly...dude looked good.

That's Kreider.. Just to give you perspective. Not saying he gets 2 points in every game but the guy on the ice is the same most of the time.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
That's Kreider.. Just to give you perspective. Not saying he gets 2 points in every game but the guy on the ice is the same most of the time.

Not quite. Hes on a tear lately but he is so inconsistent. Guy disappears for stretches

RANGERS13ADL

Jan 26, 2020
Not quite. Hes on a tear lately but he is so inconsistent. Guy disappears for stretches

"on a tear" is referring to scoring.. He is always a presence with size and speed.. At the beginning of the season he mist a ton of chances.. But is still a threat.

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
"on a tear" is referring to scoring.. He is always a presence with size and speed.. At the beginning of the season he mist a ton of chances.. But is still a threat.

Kreider's play/productivity has been inconsistent his whole career - that's always been the knock on his game... Having size & speed alone doesn't make a player a 'threat'...

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I if one of the top teams trades for Kreisler I assume there would would have to give their first and a second pick that would upgrade with a signing and/or cup win. I doubt the Rangers will get a top prospect but I could see the conditional pick potentially upgrading to another first.

The Hayes trade had a hilariously half hearted conditional pick, if the Jets won the cup they would add a 2022 4th round pick.

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
1st plus Beecher is the equivalent of two 1sts. I think Kreider will be in demand, but can't see a team giving up two 1sts.

At this point in their rebuild, Rangers would be more interested in Beecher or a legit prospect coming back than a draft pick. Their timeline is 2 years from contention. Not 3-5. So, if they get a 1st round draft pick it likely won't be the centerpiece.

RANGERS13ADL

Jan 26, 2020
You clearly have no idea of Grzelcyk.

That offer was way too much

It's not a matter of him not knowing Grz, the fact of the matter is we have a roster full of young D(one playing RW now) and 3 incredible prospects. Any Rangers fan would understand why he said this but I can understand why others wouldn't have a clue. D is not a position we need, kind of like our 3 headed goalie situation..

H00fHearted

Jun 20, 2018
I if one of the top teams trades for Kreisler I assume there would would have to give their first and a second pick that would upgrade with a signing and/or cup win. I doubt the Rangers will get a top prospect but I could see the conditional pick potentially upgrading to another first.

The Hayes trade had a hilariously half hearted conditional pick, if the Jets won the cup they would add a 2022 4th round pick.
They got Brendan Lemieux too. For a guy who is very noticeable every game, he sure gets forgotten a lot when people discuss the Hayes trade.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
The Hayes trade from last year really comes down to Hayes and Pionk for Trouba and Lemieux and then Winnipeg weren't able to hang on to Hayes who was a rental--the Jets did reacquire their 1st though.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
It's not a matter of him not knowing Grz, the fact of the matter is we have a roster full of young D(one playing RW now) and 3 incredible prospects. Any Rangers fan would understand why he said this but I can understand why others wouldn't have a clue. D is not a position we need, kind of like our 3 headed goalie situation..

@The Crypto Guy

I know you have plenty of prospects, but you aren’t getting a quality D-man in his early prime+1st+ prospect (value)for UFA.

Grzelcyk could be a quality player for you for years, not all prospects hit as you should very well know and good D-men are always in demand in trade market

Last edited:

Disgraced Cosmonaut

Oct 26, 2002
Visit site
Kreider is a very good-not great player. Will probably be a consistent 20+ guy over the next 3 maybe 4 years. He's a big winger that I'd rather be in a position to pay about $8MM/ for 3 years, rather than the $6.75-7.25MM/ over 6 - 7 years he'll end up with. If he produces over those 3 years at that higher AAV, then he may actually do better at 32 for 4 more years at the then-going rates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad