Proposal: Kreider for Simmonds + 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
And we keep harping on production and ignoring that Kreider rolls Simmonds up and smokes him in CF%, GF%, and xGF%.

But defense only matters to HF when it's convenient.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Fine, you want 5 years, you asked for it
And this includes his rookie year. All aboard the ****ing roflcopter.
Boss, Simmonds rookie season was at 18 -19 unlike Kreider How old was Krider when he had his full NHL season 21?

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
When it's everyone, it's a system.
It's not even wo much of a system.. top 3 goalie in the game for over 10 years playing 60-70 games a season making everyone and I do mean everyone on that team look good. That window is closing fast.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
When it's everyone, it's a system.

I get that, sort of how everyone on the Rangers automatically sucks at corsi. (except Kreider)

But the team argument just doesn't hold up.

Rangers GF/60 since 2014

Kreider on - 2.92
Krieder off - 2.30

They're a different team when he's on the ice. He makes the team who they are, not the other way around.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
And I must say, I think Simmonds is awesome and one of my favorite players in the league.

I just don't think people realize how good Kreider is and even more so, I don't think people realize how bad the Rangers are.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
At what age players broke into the league is meaningless
Will Kreider scored 30 this season?

And I must say, I think Simmonds is awesome and one of my favorite players in the league.

I just don't think people realize how good Kreider is and even more so, I don't think people realize how bad the Rangers are.
BS....people realize how good he is... but adding 1st round pick to Simmonds just to get super start.. I do not think so.

I don't think people realize how bad the Rangers are.
Flyers fans can make same excuse for the past 5 years. do you know how bad Flyers were last season? but Simmonds scored 30. Will Simmonds score 30 this season? What about your boy Kreider? Enough said.

Last edited:
Reactions: TrentonF

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Kreider won't score 30 this season because his season is over with an injury. The same injury that prevented him from scoring 30 last season. It's silly to keep bringing up 30 just because it's a nice round number. A nice round number that Kreider cruises past if he didn't get a blood clot.

I completely agree with not adding a first. OP's offer was bad for the Flyers.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Use 28 then.

Kreider 1 28 goal season
Simmonds 5 28 goal seasons and counting.....and 1 other where he paced for 27.

So that will be 7 seasons scoring more goals than CK's 2nd best season.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
When Simmonds scores 28-30 goals this season, you can create a thread in 2019 and talk about Kreiders Shot Quality and Expected Goals or Corsi For percentage etc etc vs Simmonds. :)

but all jokes aside Flyers would love Kreider.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Philly gives up the better player and a pick? That's terrible. Then this player that is so good has had a blood clot end multiple seasons? That's a BIG flag to not trade one odnyour best pieces for a guy dealing with something very serious. I don't know where it is but I know if they dislodge and go to your brain or heart you can just die. I've had 1 once and didn't know about it and flew and apparently that's the worst thing you can do people habe done that and the altitude causes pressure change and boom you just drop dead.

Anyways Kreider is a great player but not worth Simmonds and now with this problem happening twice ending 2 seasons the guy said it was what stopped him from 30 past year that's a cycle that tanks value sorry man.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I think this proposal would benefit both teams.

Rangers:
Simmonds
2018 1st (St. Louis Pick)

Flyers
Kreider

Rationale:
Rangers trade the injured Kreider and get an immediate scoring winger that brings grit their team is missing. The Flyers get the streaky winger who sometime looks amazing and other teams seems lost and is having a bad season. Flyers also give Rangers St. Louis' 2018 1st rounder since Krieder is younger and signed two more years.

Thoughts?

Rangers not making Kreider available.
If they did, it would not be for fair value [setting aside whether or not this is it].

If these teams did biz, NY interest would be in 1st round picks, and possibly some of Philly's D, neither of which I expect to be made available.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Fine, you want 5 years, you asked for it

p/60

Kreider - 1.82
Simmonds - 1.56

g/60

Kreider - 0.87
Simmonds - 0.74

CF%rel

Kreider - 3.06
Simmonds - 0.15

GF%rel

Kreider - 6.91
Simmonds - 1.15

xGF%Rel

Kreider - 3.05
Simmonds - 1.95

Wow, Kreider is still much better at .... everything!

And this includes his rookie year. All aboard the ****ing roflcopter.

This^.
But let's go by the eye test.

Simmonds is solid and steady.
He can exert influence and his presence is felt.

But Kreider is effin dominant, not 60 mins a game, but enough.

The proof is clearly visible from 2nd period of last game of last season's final playoff game NYvOtt.

The Rangers behind, finally, a major source of our problems, AV, was forced to bend, buckle and break. Finally, after screwing it up, he had no choice but to let Kreider be Kreider.

CK was an unstoppable superman for a period and a half.

Simmonds is legit force, but lacks skating prowess and speed to add to what power he has to equal Kreider here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad