Proposal: Kreider for Simmonds + 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

briererocks

Nov 23, 2011
I think this proposal would benefit both teams.

Rangers:
Simmonds
2018 1st (St. Louis Pick)

Flyers
Kreider

Rationale:
Rangers trade the injured Kreider and get an immediate scoring winger that brings grit their team is missing. The Flyers get the streaky winger who sometime looks amazing and other teams seems lost and is having a bad season. Flyers also give Rangers St. Louis' 2018 1st rounder since Krieder is younger and signed two more years.

Thoughts?

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Can't imagine flyer fans will be pleased. They're giving up the better player, the player they're getting is out long term, and they're giving up a first in what looks to be a pretty good draft.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
why the hell would Flyers do that? Flyers pass. That rationale is idiotic. Flyers trade a better player plus lose 1st round pick. Krieder is only 3 years younger on IR. Flyers also 1 point below Rangers in standing.

Last edited:
Reactions: kelmitchell

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Think rangers pass aswell, SImmonds wot be cheap to reisgn, and oh boy if he cant hold it up...

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I think this proposal would benefit both teams.

Rangers:
Simmonds
2018 1st (St. Louis Pick)

Flyers
Kreider

Rationale:
Rangers trade the injured Kreider and get an immediate scoring winger that brings grit their team is missing. The Flyers get the streaky winger who sometime looks amazing and other teams seems lost and is having a bad season. Flyers also give Rangers St. Louis' 2018 1st rounder since Krieder is younger and signed two more years.

Thoughts?

No and No. Not for New Years sale.
Maybe if u swap JT. Miller - he is a power forward too, but different. But not really interested in Simmonds and flyers got some other good younger players for grab who is close to NHL ready status.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
But your farm is top ranked in this league. And if you`re interested in a power forward - just saying Kreider is not for sale and he is injured. Are u even aware how much we struggle without Kreider recently? :)

#1 – Philadelphia Flyers:

2016 Rank: 5th (+4)
Top Prospects: Anthony Stolarz, Taylor Leier, German Rubstov, Pascal Laberge, Oskar Lindblom, Phillipe Myers, Jordan Weal, Wade Allison, Samuel Morin, Travis Sanheim, Robert Hagg, Carter Hart, Nolan Patrick, Morgan Frost, Isaac Ratcliffe
On the Rise: Travis Sanheim – 2016-17 AHL: 76GP – 10G, 37Pts

briererocks

Nov 23, 2011
But your farm is top ranked in this league. And if you`re interested in a power forward - just saying Kreider is not for sale and he is injured. Are u even aware how much we struggle without Kreider recently? :)

Top Prospects: Anthony Stolarz, Taylor Leier, German Rubstov, Pascal Laberge, Oskar Lindblom, Phillipe Myers, Jordan Weal, Wade Allison, Samuel Morin, Travis Sanheim, Robert Hagg, Carter Hart, Nolan Patrick, Morgan Frost, Isaac Ratcliffe

It is an overpayment but the Flyers should be in win now mode. Kreider is the better play and signed for more years and younger. Simmonds is also a good player who many believe is better than Kreider. Rangers need to improve their prospect pool and need to add some grit, which the first and Simmonds would provide.

The Flyers can afford to overpay a little bit given their prospect depth. We get a better younger player (in my opinion) signed for 2 more years at the expense of what is a probably a mid to late first rounder. I think its worth it.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009

Is that a typo? Because how can Patrick, Frost and Ratcliffe drafted in June 2017 be on a 2016 list?
I'm sorry: just processed that they were 5th in 2016... Apologies.

Reactions: Ori

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
YMo49xn.jpg

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008

It is an overpayment but the Flyers should be in win now mode. Kreider is the better play and signed for more years and younger. Simmonds is also a good player who many believe is better than Kreider. Rangers need to improve their prospect pool and need to add some grit, which the first and Simmonds would provide.

The Flyers can afford to overpay a little bit given their prospect depth. We get a better younger player (in my opinion) signed for 2 more years at the expense of what is a probably a mid to late first rounder. I think its worth it.

No, he's not...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad