Simmonds 0.29

xGF%rel

Kreider - 4.89
Simmonds - 1.05

Tipped goals % (net-front presence)

Kreider - 28%
Simmonds - 20%

This is in "AINEC" territory.
Then keep your guy who struggles to get 50 points and can't get 30 goals, and we will keep our guy who actually passes 50 points every year and gets 30 goals most years.

Your guy wins the shoulda, coulda, woulda race, ours wins the actual one.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Thank you for this. I agree with you.

Simmonds is useless at ES. Kreider is really better winger than him.

I'm a huge fan of Simmonds, and I wouldn't call the above resume useless, but he's out of his depth here.

And yeah, I get that the Rangers score a lot and some of their players benefit from that, but Kreider doesn't fit their system at all. That's why AV benches him. (Oh shit, that's another thing, Simmonds actually plays!)

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Then keep your guy who struggles to get 50 points and can't get 30 goals, and we will keep our guy who actually passes 50 points every year and gets 30 goals most years.

Your guy wins the shoulda, coulda, woulda race, ours wins the actual one.

You can call it "should, coulda, woulda" if you want, but I'd love to see Kreider on a hockey team instead of a shinny team.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Kreider is a better version of Simmonds.

Kreider is a player who specializes in deflections and board play, on a team that doesn't shoot and doesn't cycle.

He's a 35 goal scorer on the Flyers - or any team with a system.

Or, he's JVR, and has no chemistry with Giroux and gets even less production cause he ends up playing with Filpulla.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The argument that keeps coming up in literally every Kreider thread is that he hasn't hit 30/60.

Yeah, he should burn in hell for being injured last year.

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware
I think this proposal would benefit both teams.

Rangers:
Simmonds
2018 1st (St. Louis Pick)

Flyers
Kreider

Rationale:
Rangers trade the injured Kreider and get an immediate scoring winger that brings grit their team is missing. The Flyers get the streaky winger who sometime looks amazing and other teams seems lost and is having a bad season. Flyers also give Rangers St. Louis' 2018 1st rounder since Krieder is younger and signed two more years.

Thoughts?
Dude thats awful for us flyer fans, come on now

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
It's at even strength.

It's a lot closer at all minutes. Simmonds is better on the powerplay.

At 5v5, though, he's outclassed here.

Philly has been a bad ES scoring team for while so that's not surprising. Good job PP points count too.

Reality is...let's say that trade went down.

Now Simmonds on the PP needs to be replaced by a RH guy. So now that's Patrick.

Then that leaves Kreider to go play on the 2nd unit which sucks ass and his PP points drop compared to in NY.

So now Philly has gained a better ES player but he is put onto a worse ES team. And now Patrick has to replace his Simmonds PP points and Kreiders PP points drop because he no longer gets good PP time. Couturier was our 2nd leading scoring forward in PP points on the 2nd unit last year....he had 2 points.

As I said 1-1, it's a deal I could get talked into doing. No way would I add a 1st rounder.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Philly has been a bad ES scoring team for while so that's not surprising. Good job PP points count too.

Reality is...let's say that trade went down.

Now Simmonds on the PP needs to be replaced by a RH guy. So now that's Patrick.

Then that leaves Kreider to go play on the 2nd unit which sucks ass and his PP points drop compared to in NY.

So now Philly has gained a better ES player but he is put onto a worse ES team. And now Patrick has to replace his Simmonds PP points and Kreiders PP points drop because he no longer gets good PP time. Couturier was our 2nd leading scoring forward in PP points on the 2nd unit last year....he had 2 points.

As I said 1-1, it's a deal I could get talked into doing. No way would I add a 1st rounder.

Don't see why handedness matters for you net-front guy, but sure, I could see why you wouldn't want to add a first.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
The argument that keeps coming up in literally every Kreider thread is that he hasn't hit 30/60.

Yeah, he should burn in hell for being injured last year.
Doing it 1 time does not make him a 30 goal guy. It makes it an outlier. Do it multiple times to prove it wasn't a fluke.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Don't see why handedness matters for you net-front guy, but sure, I could see why you wouldn't want to add a first.
Because we have plays that run thru Simmonds...Giroux to Simmonds to Voracek. And being a RH guy is needed for that play.

Also Voracek has poor shot so at times will slap pass it to Simmonds at the far post.

We don't just shoot the puck for Simminds to deflect or get rebounds from. We actually have some plays set up thru or for him.

Reactions: SnS and Starat327
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad