Injury Report: Kreider (Broken Hand)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor King Schultz

Garian Maborik
May 3, 2012
NYC
How the **** did this even happen? It's like Callahan's broken thumb earlier in the season. I hate secret injuries like this, you never know when they are coming.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
The most obvious and likely scenario is that Kredier punched something during the 2nd intermission in frustration after that horrible turnover he had in the 2nd period that led to a goal.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
The most obvious and likely scenario is that Kredier punched something during the 2nd intermission in frustration after that horrible turnover he had in the 2nd period that led to a goal.
Always a possibility but i dont think that happened. i know he did block a shot last night that was near his hand/arm

TeamStewie

Jan 17, 2013
Jeez why on earth would people think he punched something. His name is not Dubi. :speechles

Rangers Report ‏@rangersreport 25m
Watching video of game: looked like Kreider may have blocked Michalek shot with open palm of left hand in first period.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
He got a rocket of a shot off towards the end of the second that missed the net and led to Phoenix going ahead 3-2. Hard to think he could get that off with a ****ed up hand.

Yeah, that doesn't make much sense to me. I fully admit that I may be missing something, though. Although maybe his broken hand was why that shot was so laughably off target and horrendous.

SupersonicMonkey*

He's a tough kid, wouldn't surprise me if he did break it on that blocked shot and tried to play through it.

He broke his jaw at BC and didn't miss much time.

SKjEi o2

Nov 13, 2013
I believe he also screwed up his ankle last year in Hartford.
He's a tough kid, wouldn't surprise me if he did break it on that blocked shot and tried to play through it.

He broke his jaw at BC and didn't miss much time.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
lol im so dumb. i was wondering who the **** birdlaw was with so many posts. took me until daisy came back to realize. ud think it was a fracture over a broken hand if he played after the incident.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Adrenaline can make you do fantastic things.

...and afterwards then there would be a whole lot of pain and none of that was apparent at all after he chased the play to the net and deflected it into his own goal. I'm thinking it happened after all that. If I remember correct he blocked a shot on his next shift.

Anyway young people sometimes heal real fast. Hopefully that will be the case here.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Horrible news. As has been mentioned, this is Miller's time to shine. Nash or MSL absolutely have to move to the left side now. I'd roll with

Nash-Stepan-MSL
Pouliot-Brassard-Zuccarello
Hagelin-Miller-Richards

As the top 9

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Guys I'm not normally the glass half full guy, but while this is a big loss it's not like we lost even Stepan, much less McDonagh or Girardi. Miller is an excellent replacement for Kreider. He's not as polished of a player and he's not as fast or physical but he's not slow by any stretch and really forechecks well. Last time he was here he had a goal and an assist (made the whole play happen) in 3 games. Hell he just missed another goal. I feel like he was getting it. Not like we have Stu Bickel replacing Kreider. Kreider's impact is not all in points but it's not like this is the Kreider of earlier the season either. Keep your heads up. This isn't the end of the world. We've been one of the healthiest teams all season. Look at the Pens for a comparison.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad