Injury Report: Kreider (Broken Hand)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
If the Rangers were up 2-1 no way we see Kreider tonight.

with the season riding on tonights game, anyone that thinks otherwise has not watched THIS Rangers team in years, there's a good possibility he is in the line up.

even if we tie it up, I would expect to see him in game 5

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
The Fenguins will go for his hands.

I don't know what the doctor's are actually saying, but I hope the team thinks about will happen if Kreider takes another serious two-hander.

Players don't usually deliberately try to injure another player's hands. It's not like someone coming back from a knee problem where like anyone else it's open season as far as hitting someone. A Ranger could go after Crosby's head for that matter. It's been an issue for Sidney. Not likely to happen. Some things are more off limits. In any case if Kreider's wrist is 90% and not 100% it's likely they'll rig up a little more protection for him.

Holding out someone who is very capable to play when it's extremely unlikely to re-injure or permanently injure when your team needs him in the lineup does not make a lot of sense--at least if it's not a concussion issue. It's a doctor's call--at least if your trust the doctor. Chris will have all summer anyway and should be 100% for training camp whether he plays now or not.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Players don't usually deliberately try to injure another player's hands. It's not like someone coming back from a knee problem where like anyone else it's open season as far as hitting someone. A Ranger could go after Crosby's head for that matter. It's been an issue for Sidney. Not likely to happen. Some things are more off limits. In any case if Kreider's wrist is 90% and not 100% it's likely they'll rig up a little more protection for him.

Holding out someone who is very capable to play when it's extremely unlikely to re-injure or permanently injure when your team needs him in the lineup does not make a lot of sense--at least if it's not a concussion issue. It's a doctor's call--at least if your trust the doctor. Chris will have all summer anyway and should be 100% for training camp whether he plays now or not.

Sure they do.

I would and make no bones about it.

I know a player is coming back from a knee injury, I'm a hacking and a whacking at it as mush as I can get away with.

A guys coming back from shoulder injury? I'm hitting him up high every chance I get.

A guy with a hand injury? he's getting slashed on the gloves 100%

As for the 2nd bolded comment.

Did you not see Staal cross check Sid in the back of his head? If that is not going after Sid's dome, I don't know what to tell you.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1664499

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
Kreider makes dump and chase more feasible. He can go get the puck and hit the defender.

He should be fresh - not burned out from physical contact. He could be quite a weapon.

TeamStewie

Jan 17, 2013

irosvInTUF6Dz.gif

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
The Fenguins will go for his hands.

I don't know what the doctor's are actually saying, but I hope the team thinks about will happen if Kreider takes another serious two-hander.

I'm saying that I would chop the **** out of that hand, so I'm sure they can think of that too.

Recovery timetables exist for a reason. Doctors don't clear people to play when they're still extra vulnerable to injury. Sather forced Kreider to have surgery in order to prevent further damage. They're not going to turn around now and put him in the lineup if he's not good to go.

It's beyond paranoid to talk about people trying to slash Kreider's hand. A hard slash can break any bone. Going by your logic, why isn't every single top player on the injured list? We could send Dorsett out to break Crosby's ankle if we really wanted to, but we're not going to because this is hockey, not MMA.

In regard to the first paragraph, are you talking about doctors for players at a local high school or the ones for players in the NHL?

If a hard slash can break any bone, then it could easily break a poorly healed one.

And in terms of paranoia, are you really skeptical of the possibility of really dirty play in the NHL? This is a league that allows toe-to-toe fights, gives minuscule punishments for near-lethal head shots, and GMs claim upper and lower body injuries because they don't want opposing teams to target specific injuries, yet you still think it's an incredulous concept for the Penguins to target the Rangers only scoring threat when the Rangers can't punish the Penguins with a power play?

What sport have you been watching?

Oh Please. If his hand his healed, a slash isn't going cause more damage. I'm also sure the officials will look for it. How much slashing they could do without being caught? They've had no problem calling penalties on the Pens.

Thank you TeamStewie!

I couldn't think of another way for me to argue an inherent aspect of the game that is obvious.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Kreider makes dump and chase more feasible. He can go get the puck and hit the defender.

He should be fresh - not burned out from physical contact. He could be quite a weapon.

Agreed. Kreider can be an X-factor both on the forecheck and in front of the net.

Thats assuming hes firing on all cylinders, which has been a big assumptions throughout his young career.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Agreed. Kreider can be an X-factor both on the forecheck and in front of the net.

Thats assuming hes firing on all cylinders, which has been a big assumptions throughout his young career.

Kreider has shown up big in the few games he's played in the playoffs.

I'm excited for his return.

Florida Ranger

Bring back Torts!
Sep 2, 2008
Wesley Chapel, FL
Would not be shocked at all if he is go tonight. The Rangers need a spark and a 90% Kreider could provide that over Miller, Fast or Dorsett at this point.
Easily. We could use the speed.

Oh Please. If his hand his healed, a slash isn't going cause more damage. I'm also sure the officials will look for it. How much slashing they could do without being caught? They've had no problem calling penalties on the Pens.
Yeah, if it's healed it should be fine. Once it's healed, the only that that'll hold someone back is the mind.

schabadoo

Feb 16, 2012
Did you not see Staal cross check Sid in the back of his head? If that is not going after Sid's dome, I don't know what to tell you.

Yeah, Staal, known for being a dirty player, was targeting Crosby's head. He really sold it by not even looking at him while doing it.

Or he was trying to clear the front of the net while watching the puck and hit him high.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
I dont care if Kreider can't stick handle or shoot. If he uses his legs to get into corners and in front of the net, it'd be a positive.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Yeah, Staal, known for being a dirty player, was targeting Crosby's head. He really sold it by not even looking at him while doing it.

Or he was trying to clear the front of the net while watching the puck and hit him high.

I see. It's impossible that Staal was going for his weak spot while he was trying to clear the crease.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I think Kreider's going to play like a freight train today. Just a hunch.

He's been away from the team for a while, probably wants a piece of the action.

If he's going full speed he'll have a field day with the Pens soft forwards.

schabadoo

Feb 16, 2012
I see. It's impossible that Staal was going for his weak spot while he was trying to clear the crease.

It's impossible he crosschecked a player camped in front of the goal while watching the puck.

There's video and everything. You can actually watch the play and see where Staal is looking.

If he was trying some surgical strike to some amazing weak spot, wouldn't he watch what he was doing? You know, to make sure his nefarious plan was carried out.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Cerny tweeted a clip of Kreider shooting the puck in the skate this morning. No issues. He will be rusty having not played in nearly seven weeks. Getting plopped into into the middle of a playoff series is not easy situation.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
It's impossible he crosschecked a player camped in front of the goal while watching the puck.

There's video and everything. You can actually watch the play and see where Staal is looking.

If he was trying some surgical strike to some amazing weak spot, wouldn't he watch what he was doing? You know, to make sure his nefarious plan was carried out.

Yes! He could've done both. He could have struck and looked at the developing play. You know two things a defensemen needs to do, clear the net while watching the other threats.

I don't necessarily think Staal was trying to concuss Crosby. I was alluding to the fact that people seem to think its ridiculous that an NHL player would target a team's only possible offensive threat while the team's offense is on its knees.

I think everyone is about to **** a brick, and they want Kreider to be the answer. I'm also saying that the team itself is aware and think they need him. I'm concerned that if he isn't fully healed they will play him anyway, and you bet your ass any penguin worth his salt will "test" his hand.

I want to win, and I hope that Kreider is the solution, but it blows my mind that people think that this isn't a ruthless, violent, and at times cheap sport. :shakehead

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT

Honest question.

Have you ever played the game?

A guy is RIGHT in front of you and your eyes are fixated on something else, do you stop seeing what is directly in front of you?

Peripheral vision alone would more than explain the ability to cross check a guy in the head while looking past him.

the play was in front of Staal and Sid. not to the side where Staal had to turn his head.

The moment it happened I thought Staal was wrong for doing it considering his own history.

Don't make excuses for Staal. He knew exactly what he was doing there.

And I don't have a problem with it myself.

Teams should be targeting other teams and players weaknesses.

For instance, MA Fleury doesn't do well with traffic in front of him. We should be crowding him every chance we get.

The only problem I have with targeting Sid's head is that it is a penalty to do so. Other wise, I'd smack him in the head every chance I got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad