Injury Report: Kreider (Broken Hand)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
According to Alain Vigneault, Kreider, who has skated in a yellow non-contact jersey mostly on his own for a few weeks, seems closer to slipping on a blue sweater once again. Kreider, who notched 17 goals and 20 assists in 66 games for the Blueshirts this season, last played on March 24 , four days before undergoing surgery on his left hand.

"He's due to see the doctors here soon I believe. He has been skating, I think we are going to know here in a short time frame, I don't know if 'short' is a day or a couple," Vigneault said. "But he is coming along."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/hockey/rangers/kreider-back-blueshirts-article-1.1781834

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
I don't know who Francesa Garden sources are, but I found it kind of funny that someone told him that they (people associated with Rangers) were very worried about the Flyers.

Maybe they were trying to be humble or something but that should have been the last team they worried about.
Why do our fans underrate the flyers. I hate the flyers but i have to give them credit. They were missing their top goalie the first few games but they still are a tough team to play

BarbaraAlphanse

At the very least it changes the story line from 120 minutes without a goal to "Inconsistent LW returning to the lineup"

And helps create topics for disgruntled posters to harp on a player's perceived short comings rather than focusing on the team's weaknesses as a whole, as is usually done by such poster(s).

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
And helps create topics for disgruntled posters to harp on a player's perceived short comings rather than focusing on the team's weaknesses as a whole, as is usually done by such poster(s).

This is the best/unluckiest team to ever go 120 straight minutes without a goal.

BarbaraAlphanse

This is the best/unluckiest team to ever go 120 straight minutes without a goal.

They're one dimensional and tired. That is why they have gone scoreless in the last 120 minutes.

Do they have talent? Absolutely. But because they don't have much size that can score dirty goals in front of the net, they're easily shut down when the opposing team outworks them and is faster than them. Why are they being outworked and slower? Because they are tired.

One dimensional, with some fatal flaws - such as poor centers, lack of size, and poor shooting efficiency, that is playing tired.

TeamStewie

Jan 17, 2013
Tomorrow would be kind of a stretch considering he hasn't even had a full contact practice yet.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Even if kreider doesn't score his size and availability forces changes to the lineup and to the way teams play against the line he is on

3rd Guy High

Feb 17, 2010
This isn't me overreacting, this is me cooling my jets and stating that there's a lot more to the picture wrong than missing Kreider.

1. Stralman (as much as I like him) has been our best defenseman in the playoffs and that's a problem when you have guys like McDonagh, Girardi and Staal back there.

2. The power play is piss awful and was before Kreider got hurt as well. It's been **** since about January.

3. The defensive breakdowns are just awful... where is the coverage on Crosby on that goal? The Jokinen one was even worse, but there were bad breakdowns against Philly too. For as good as the defense was this season, they're playing like crap as a unit right now.

4. Scoring is a big big problem and the big names just aren't stepping up. St. Louis might be leading the team in points, but since about game 4 or 5, he hasn't done a whole lot. Nash might be playing ok defensively, but can't hit the broad side of a barn. Stepan looks like trash right now. Richards is just... Richards... nothing more to say there.

These are things that need serious attention and fixing.

And regardless of all of these, here we are, in the second round, only losing 2-1 to the penguins, who finished first in our division.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Kreider is pretty much on schedule to come back. To me there's nothing really odd about that. Now what we can expect from him after missing a good 6 weeks I don't know. But there's no point holding him out if he's 90% or more--doesn't seem likely he'll re-injure his wrist. His size and speed might give Pittsburgh something to think about.

Dr. Ogrodnick

Jan 10, 2007
Kreider is pretty much on schedule to come back. To me there's nothing really odd about that. Now what we can expect from him after missing a good 6 weeks I don't know. But there's no point holding him out if he's 90% or more--doesn't seem likely he'll re-injure his wrist. His size and speed might give Pittsburgh something to think about.

At the very least he can plant in front of the net on the power play.

Dr. Ogrodnick

Jan 10, 2007
The Fenguins will go for his hands.

I don't know what the doctor's are actually saying, but I hope the team thinks about will happen if Kreider takes another serious two-hander.

I don't know what to tell you. It's a man's game. If he's not ready to play medically then he won't. They can and will probably also put extra padding in his glove.

Clausewitz

Dec 20, 2013
The Fenguins will go for his hands.

I don't know what the doctor's are actually saying, but I hope the team thinks about will happen if Kreider takes another serious two-hander.

Exactly. Potentially sacrificing a young player's future for one (unlikely) run at the Cup us silly and irresponsible. I hope the doctors and Kreider realize that.

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
I'm saying that I would chop the **** out of that hand, so I'm sure they can think of that too.

Recovery timetables exist for a reason. Doctors don't clear people to play when they're still extra vulnerable to injury. Sather forced Kreider to have surgery in order to prevent further damage. They're not going to turn around now and put him in the lineup if he's not good to go.

It's beyond paranoid to talk about people trying to slash Kreider's hand. A hard slash can break any bone. Going by your logic, why isn't every single top player on the injured list? We could send Dorsett out to break Crosby's ankle if we really wanted to, but we're not going to because this is hockey, not MMA.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Recovery timetables exist for a reason. Doctors don't clear people to play when they're still extra vulnerable to injury. Sather forced Kreider to have surgery in order to prevent further damage. They're not going to turn around now and put him in the lineup if he's not good to go.

It's beyond paranoid to talk about people trying to slash Kreider's hand. A hard slash can break any bone. Going by your logic, why isn't every single top player on the injured list? We could send Dorsett out to break Crosby's ankle if we really wanted to, but we're not going to because this is hockey, not MMA.

In regard to the first paragraph, are you talking about doctors for players at a local high school or the ones for players in the NHL?

If a hard slash can break any bone, then it could easily break a poorly healed one.

And in terms of paranoia, are you really skeptical of the possibility of really dirty play in the NHL? This is a league that allows toe-to-toe fights, gives minuscule punishments for near-lethal head shots, and GMs claim upper and lower body injuries because they don't want opposing teams to target specific injuries, yet you still think it's an incredulous concept for the Penguins to target the Rangers only scoring threat when the Rangers can't punish the Penguins with a power play?

What sport have you been watching?

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Would not be shocked at all if he is go tonight. The Rangers need a spark and a 90% Kreider could provide that over Miller, Fast or Dorsett at this point.

Dec 9, 2009
New York City
Oh Please. If his hand his healed, a slash isn't going cause more damage. I'm also sure the officials will look for it. How much slashing they could do without being caught? They've had no problem calling penalties on the Pens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad