Injury Report: Kreider (Broken Hand)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
No use to bring him back, risk messing with his hand. This team isn't getting out of the 2nd round with or without him.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I guess would it would be up to the docs to determine if there is any long term risk with him coming back a little bit sooner rather than later?. We really dont even know if it was a tendon, bone? ligament?

Wamsutta

I'm Glen Sather IRL
Nov 8, 2011
Connecticut
I just hope they don't pull the trigger too soon and rush Kreider back to inject some life and a big body on the powerplay into the team and set his hand back.

TeamStewie

Jan 17, 2013
I just hope they don't pull the trigger too soon and rush Kreider back to inject some life and a big body on the powerplay into the team and set his hand back.

And you just KNOW those *******s on the Pens will be slashing away at his hand if he comes back.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
We lost 2 games dude on no rest. They are tired.

it happens

we'll get 'em tomorrow

This isn't me overreacting, this is me cooling my jets and stating that there's a lot more to the picture wrong than missing Kreider.

1. Stralman (as much as I like him) has been our best defenseman in the playoffs and that's a problem when you have guys like McDonagh, Girardi and Staal back there.

2. The power play is piss awful and was before Kreider got hurt as well. It's been **** since about January.

3. The defensive breakdowns are just awful... where is the coverage on Crosby on that goal? The Jokinen one was even worse, but there were bad breakdowns against Philly too. For as good as the defense was this season, they're playing like crap as a unit right now.

4. Scoring is a big big problem and the big names just aren't stepping up. St. Louis might be leading the team in points, but since about game 4 or 5, he hasn't done a whole lot. Nash might be playing ok defensively, but can't hit the broad side of a barn. Stepan looks like trash right now. Richards is just... Richards... nothing more to say there.

These are things that need serious attention and fixing.

KreiMeARiver*

This isn't me overreacting, this is me cooling my jets and stating that there's a lot more to the picture wrong than missing Kreider.

1. Stralman (as much as I like him) has been our best defenseman in the playoffs and that's a problem when you have guys like McDonagh, Girardi and Staal back there.

2. The power play is piss awful and was before Kreider got hurt as well. It's been **** since about January.

3. The defensive breakdowns are just awful... where is the coverage on Crosby on that goal? The Jokinen one was even worse, but there were bad breakdowns against Philly too. For as good as the defense was this season, they're playing like crap as a unit right now.

4. Scoring is a big big problem and the big names just aren't stepping up. St. Louis might be leading the team in points, but since about game 4 or 5, he hasn't done a whole lot. Nash might be playing ok defensively, but can't hit the broad side of a barn. Stepan looks like trash right now. Richards is just... Richards... nothing more to say there.

These are things that need serious attention and fixing.

Well, Nash sucks, Stepan always looks like trash, and Richards is...Richards.

But we've still gotten this far.... so I'm blaming no rest and McD's shoulder not being 100%.

InfiniteX10

May 1, 2014
“@WFAN660: Mike Francesa: There's a 50-50 chance that Chris Kreider will play on Wednesday night. | http://t.co/axHZcmqayh #NYRangers #NYR #Penguinsâ€

Don't know how credible Francesa is but thought it was interesting

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
Friday seems more likely but if his hand is good then by all means put him in there. I am worried the pens will slash his hand at every oppurtunity though. If kreider does play then hima nd diaz must been on the PP. Diaz looked good last ngiht on the PP and we know kreider has great presence in front of teh net

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
According to WFAN host Mike Francesa, there is a 50-50 chance that forward Chris Kreider will return to action against Pittsburgh for Game 4 on Wednesday night.

“If he’s ready, he’s gonna play,†Francesa said on air on Tuesday afternoon. “I’ve heard rumblings. I don’t have any confirmation, and I don’t think there will be any. I would look for him tomorrow, though. I think there’s a 50-50 chance he plays tomorrow. He’s not being ruled out, that’s for sure. I would say that. He’s not being ruled out. I’m not saying he’s in, and no one has told me he’s in … I think there’s a chance.â€

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/05/06/francesa-50-50-chance-chris-kreider-plays-on-wednesday-night/

Mike knows the Garden honchos very well. Barry Watkins.

Dec 9, 2009
New York City
I don't know who Francesa Garden sources are, but I found it kind of funny that someone told him that they (people associated with Rangers) were very worried about the Flyers.

Maybe they were trying to be humble or something but that should have been the last team they worried about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad