Confirmed with Link: Kravtsov to Vancouver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Priorae

Apr 21, 2017
New Jersey
After the Kane trade I just looked to see what we had left. I didn't realize that the 7th the Rangers got was so far in the future.

The more I think about the deal, I bet we had to talk them into it.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Thought for sure Kravtsov was the payment for retaining 25% in the Kane deal. The fact that we had to give him away for free and pay Arizona a 3rd just sucks. Drury needed to trade him a year or two ago, even if it was just for a 2nd round pick. They tanked his value so bad.
What makes you think a second was ever available a year ago?

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
That doesn't say it's not Kravtsov's fault.

It's saying the Rangers were at fault, too. which is utter bullshit.

No other Ranger in my memory kept screwing up like him and even when gifted a spot in the NHL couldn't outperform Gauthier.

If there was a single team in the NHL that thought the Rangers organization screwed up. he wouldn't have been traded for a bucket of spit.

Reactions: Hunter Gathers

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
It's saying the Rangers were at fault, too.

Yes, and the Rangers were at fault.

Krav is also at fault.

which is utter bullshit.

No other Ranger in my memory kept screwing up like him and even when gifted a spot in the NHL couldn't outperform Gauthier.

If there was a single team in the NHL that thought the Rangers organization screwed up. he wouldn't have been traded for a bucket of spit.

LEAVE CHRIS DRURY ALONE!

Yes, we've been down this road before. You're wrong.

The Rangers mishandled this situation dating back to when Drury called Krav a quitter for exercising a contractual right.

And then again for not making a minor accomodation for him to continue to get needed development time with the big club, resulting in a spat that ended up with Krav bolting back to Russia.

Two parties can be at fault for a fight and usually are, and in this case, both certainly are.

Number 9

What rhymes with Gagne?
Oct 14, 2008
Park City, UT
Thought for sure Kravtsov was the payment for retaining 25% in the Kane deal. The fact that we had to give him away for free and pay Arizona a 3rd just sucks. Drury needed to trade him a year or two ago, even if it was just for a 2nd round pick. They tanked his value so bad.

He tanked his value.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Was it true?

Did Krav quit our AHL team? Was it his contractual right? Can two things be true at once?

If I quit my job can it also be my contractual right to quit?

Even if it were true, is a confrontation and accusation like that the right way to handle a 19 year old?

Reactions: EdJovanovski

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Even if it were true, is a confrontation and accusation like that the right way to handle a 19 year old?
I wasn't there so I cant answer in confidence of what was said and in what context. I had a coach who grabbed a players brand new very expensive stick and bent it violently over a garbage can. He would go off pretty hard throwing things and he was my favorite coach so I may be the wrong person to ask. I dont equate todays safe space mentalities to hockey players in general so my opinion is probably too old school for you.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Yes, and the Rangers were at fault.

Krav is also at fault.

LEAVE CHRIS DRURY ALONE!

Yes, we've been down this road before. You're wrong.

The Rangers mishandled this situation dating back to when Drury called Krav a quitter for exercising a contractual right.

And then again for not making a minor accomodation for him to continue to get needed development time with the big club, resulting in a spat that ended up with Krav bolting back to Russia.

Two parties can be at fault for a fight and usually are, and in this case, both certainly are.

"minor accommodation"

LMFAO. WOW. The entitled nature of that. Holy shit.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
"minor accommodation"

I think the whole situation could've been handled better, but he activated his EAC 5 games after going to Hartford and not making the Rangers. It's really not hard to get why they would've been frustrated or upset with him leaving literally after 2 weeks. Also, keeping him on the roster at that point would've just resulted in Quinn shoehorning him into a 4th line role that everyone would've complained about. Getting the increased minutes in Hartford was absolutely the right move for him - and honestly a bunch of the other kids - at the time

It sucks that it didn't work out with him here because I think he has the tools to be a pretty good hockey player. Vancouver should be a good spot for him all things considered

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
"minor accommodation"

Well we now know the Blais experiment was a complete disaster that was undertaken merely for purposes of being able to say the team is heavier, not better.

It would have been for literally all parties benefit to keep Kravtsov on the team and dressed at the time.

Yeah, it was nothing earth shattering. Should have just let it play out.

I'd rather leave it open. Wish people would stop trying to silence each other so much in general. People can always click ignore on the thread. I have done that on many non hockey threads on this board.

Well said. How about just scrolling past things we don't agree with? Not everything is trolling that needs to be stopped.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Well we now know the Blais experiment was a complete disaster that was undertaken merely for purposes of being able to say the team is heavier, not better.

It would have been for literally all parties benefit to keep Kravtsov on the team and dressed at the time.

Yeah, it was nothing earth shattering. Should have just let it play out.

Lmao, Kravtsov is such a short-bus loser that you wanted to give him a special needs lineup spot.

You are free to ignore the thread

I do find it funny and I do think it should be left open just for the lulz.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
The further a player gets out from his draft year without making significant progress the more his value is going to deteriorate. It then doesn't matter very much whether he was a top 10 pick. He's on his way to busting. Now whether or not Vitali busts we shall see but I'm pretty sure if he stayed with the Rangers it would have been a fait accompli. Moving to another team is the only possible way I think he can perhaps save his NHL career.

There was some rumor that the Rangers were offered a 2nd for him last year. How true that is we as fans will probably never know for sure. One thing I'm kind of sure about though is that even if true and even if we'd got a 2nd for him last year there would have been a lot of griping about it back then too. Some people griping is what they like to do most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad