Confirmed with Link: Kravtsov to Vancouver

Status
Not open for further replies.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG

I remember he looked quite dynamic his first preseason with the team back in 2019 and just looked so much worse now. You have to wonder if the team didn't jerk him around like they did, would have properly developed. We'll never know I guess.
If 20 players develop and one gets worse, it's the team's fault?

Reactions: NickyFotiu

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Imagine if Chytil busted. The ROI on these pre lotto win draft picks was historically bad. Brutal all around.
If Gretzky sucked, Edmonton wouldn't have won multiple Cups.

Too many posters in here thinking this trade reflects the player’s ability and talent level rather than the situation. He wouldn’t have been traded for a price like this if Kane wasn’t coming in, and he was only worth a price like this because of a much higher than normal chance he bolts back to Russia.
That might make sense if the Rangers hadn't been trying to move him earlier. I doubt that.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
This season is far from over
Kravtsov, Vesey would be a fairer bet.

Drury waited too long and basically traded him for nothing. To think, Julien Gauthier at least brought back a decent 4th liner. Should have traded him last year for a 2nd or 3rd as it was rumored.

This trade package sounds like what we would get back in exchange for Johnny Brodzinski or Ben Harpur.
Gauthier was better than Kravtsov this season.

Reactions: fm

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
And Kravtsov expected the Rangers to act like a 21st century organization, the fool.
What is it that the Rangers do different than other playoff bound teams in the 21st century?

Are we back to the entitled nonsense that a kid should continue to play whether he earns the playing time or not?

Reactions: bl02

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
What is it that the Rangers do different than other playoff bound teams in the 21st century?

Are we back to the entitled nonsense that a kid should continue to play whether he earns the playing time or not?
It's hyperbole but so was the claim that Krav was acting like a 12 year old. That hyperbole was far more.... hyperbolic.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I watched half the game. He was mostly hovering and a step or two slow.
Threw 2 hits (one of them very big, sent a guy flying and he came across the ice to try challenging him to a fight lol) and 1 SOG, the famous Kakko “3rd assist” on a goal, on for no goals against, and deflected a puck that barely missed going in but went wide; all in 8 min TOI

Also pretty tough to be in game shape when you’ve played 1 game in the past 35 days lol, then thrown into a new team without a practise, only a game day skate under your belt

Reactions: brakeyawself

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Threw 2 hits (one of them very big, sent a guy flying and he came across the ice to try challenging him to a fight lol) and 1 SOG, the famous Kakko “3rd assist” on a goal, on for no goals against, and deflected a puck that barely missed going in but went wide; all in 8 min TOI

Also pretty tough to be in game shape when you’ve played 1 game in the past 35 days lol, then thrown into a new team without a practise, only a game day skate under your belt
Actually easy to stay in shape when you do not have other responsibilities. He could have been skating 3 hours a day as well as biking. I remember watching Jamie Ludmark stay after practice for an hour after an AHL practice working on his game. That showed me he wanted to get back. Once again I'm not against Krav but there is no excuse for him not being in shape be it in August, December or March.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Threw 2 hits (one of them very big, sent a guy flying and he came across the ice to try challenging him to a fight lol) and 1 SOG, the famous Kakko “3rd assist” on a goal, on for no goals against, and deflected a puck that barely missed going in but went wide.

LOL the excuses. He looked like the same low energy offense killer that he was here.

His 3rd assist was literally him chipping the puck ahead to Garland (who eventually scored) who subsequently threw the puck back to the point where the D men played catch for a second before Hughes eventually took a shot that was deflected in. It was as inconsequential to the goal being scored as you can get.

He and his line were the worst of Vancouver's 4. His .14 xGF 5v5 was tied for 2nd worst on the team, only ahead of Raty who played nearly 3 minutes less than him at ES.

You shouldn't struggle to be in game shape when you only play 8 minutes. You'd figure that he'd come out on fire (even if he couldn't sustain it) playing his first game in a while for a new team but no, just the same old no pace lukewarm schmuck as usual.

Reactions: Mandar

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008

That hit must've happened after I stopped watching because of waning interest

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
LOL the excuses. He looked like the same low energy offense killer that he was here.

His 3rd assist was literally him chipping the puck ahead to Garland (who eventually scored) who subsequently threw the puck back to the point where the D men played catch for a second before Hughes eventually took a shot that was deflected in. It was as inconsequential to the goal being scored as you can get.

He and his line were the worst of Vancouver's 4. His .14 xGF 5v5 was tied for 2nd worst on the team, only ahead of Raty who played nearly 3 minutes less than him at ES.

You shouldn't struggle to be in game shape when you only play 8 minutes. You'd figure that he'd come out on fire (even if he couldn't sustain it) playing his first game in a while for a new team but no, just the same old no pace lukewarm schmuck as usual.
He's had excellent analytics all season that you've constantly disregarded saying it's too small of a sample size, and now you're using his analytics from an even smaller sample size (one game where he got 8 minutes) to say he played bad.

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006

One thing other teams different was not hiring Chris Drury to be GM. That's one the entire rest of the league has on this team.

Of course, the Rangers are not the only franchise that seem to mismanage young talent, that today is a league wide issue. And sure, some individuals simply cannot be saved, from themselves or whatever. That happens often enough. But so does mismanagement.

I think some GMs/Coaches and what not believe that learning by osmosis and proximity is more proficient than the long standing human development and maturation process that has, to varying extents, dictated the path of our entire human civilization. The issue is, momentum and environment to an extent. There are very few 18, 19 and 20 year olds, that can be taken out of an environment of their peers, which has been their process of development up to this point, and then thrust into a professional situation, surrounded by vets who have their own lives and who, at this time in their lives, are not generally thinking about, living and breathing hockey to the extent kids do in Jrs, college or even the AHL, relative to the NHL, for a number of reasons. It's the difference between being at Uni or Highschool and learning on the job. I'm sure the people at the job are great and have great advice and could teach these kids a great deal. But that isn't the same as spending 5-9 hours a day, every day basically, hanging out with your friends, talking about hockey, experimenting in hockey, just all on the same development path.

Momentum, environment and timing in the development process are everything. Life just gets more difficult and you gain more responsibility as you get older. And really, that life window matters. A lot

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Lordy...this thread isn't getting bumped after every game he plays for Vancouver, is it?
Why are we analyzing the game of a Vancouver Canuck on the Rangers board?

No one cares, take it to the Canuck’s board.
I wasn't the one who bumped this, many people were discussing things during his game and I've barely even engaged in it. This is a former top 10 pick and this was his first game after the trade, it's very routine that people would discuss his first game after that trade in the thread with his name in the title, no? Why are you so offended by it? Ignore the thread about the Kravtsov trade if you don't want to read about it. This would happen with any other once highly touted player that we trade.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
For pro hockey players summers are important. Yeah you might take a vacation or two but nobody can really afford not to come into camp in top condition. Younger plays a lot more often than not have to work on strength training. Maybe Podkolzin could be Vitali's workout buddy because it seems like he needs one.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I wasn't the one who bumped this, many people were discussing things during his game and I've barely even engaged in it. This is a former top 10 pick and this was his first game after the trade, it's very routine that people would discuss his first game after that trade in the thread with his name in the title, no? Why are you so offended by it? Ignore the thread about the Kravtsov trade if you don't want to read about it. This would happen with any other once highly touted player that we trade.

As far as I can tell neither of the two posters you reply to accused you of bumping this thread. Why are you being so defensive about someone not saying what you implied they said? A lot of us have been waiting for this sorry saga with Kravtsov to end and more than ready to put it behind us and him in the rear view mirror. I don't think that anyone's really offended it's just a WTF.....he's not our player anymore and he hasn't really even done anything with his new team that's all that worthwhile commenting on. He played a game...he had a shot on goal. Whatever....and we're not following Ryan Reaves, Sammy Blais', Julien Gauthier's or Dryden Hunt's every move. What's so different here with Vitali?

Reactions: kovazub94

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
One thing other teams different was not hiring Chris Drury to be GM. That's one the entire rest of the league has on this team.

Of course, the Rangers are not the only franchise that seem to mismanage young talent, that today is a league wide issue. And sure, some individuals simply cannot be saved, from themselves or whatever. That happens often enough. But so does mismanagement.

I think some GMs/Coaches and what not believe that learning by osmosis and proximity is more proficient than the long standing human development and maturation process that has, to varying extents, dictated the path of our entire human civilization. The issue is, momentum and environment to an extent. There are very few 18, 19 and 20 year olds, that can be taken out of an environment of their peers, which has been their process of development up to this point, and then thrust into a professional situation, surrounded by vets who have their own lives and who, at this time in their lives, are not generally thinking about, living and breathing hockey to the extent kids do in Jrs, college or even the AHL, relative to the NHL, for a number of reasons. It's the difference between being at Uni or Highschool and learning on the job. I'm sure the people at the job are great and have great advice and could teach these kids a great deal. But that isn't the same as spending 5-9 hours a day, every day basically, hanging out with your friends, talking about hockey, experimenting in hockey, just all on the same development path.

Momentum, environment and timing in the development process are everything. Life just gets more difficult and you gain more responsibility as you get older. And really, that life window matters. A lot
How have the Rangers done since Drury was made GM? Have younger players on the Rangers been playing in the 2 years since Drury was made GM?

I have not seen the mismanagement of young talent you mentioned. Are you speaking about Krav? What is so complex? If Krav played well he would have played more. Its not that complicated. Chytil, KK, Laf, Fox, KAndre, Schneider all play because they earn their time. Vancouver benched Krav for the 3rd period last night. It is up to Krav. Drury wanted him to play well here. GG wanted him to play well here. The fans wanted him to play well here. Nobody wanted him to not succeed. Why would they?

Why are we analyzing the game of a Vancouver Canuck on the Rangers board?

No one cares, take it to the Canuck’s board.
Its actually not a big surprise. Happens after recent trades often. People pointed out when Blais scored as well.

Reactions: McRanger92

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Right. Because he’s a flight risk, which has nothing to do with what any GM thinks of his chances to be a good player based on him as a player.
He wouldn't be a f
And Kravtsov expected the Rangers to act like a 21st century organization, the fool.
How many times does a player have to behave like a child before it's his fault? Maybe if he had gone to the AHL in the beginning, he'd be set right now instead of at the edge of losing his NHL career.
How many times does a player have to behave like a child before it's his fault? Maybe if he had gone to the AHL in the beginning, he'd be set right now instead of at the edge of losing his NHL career.

TopShelfSnipes

May 5, 2011
USA
He wouldn't be a f

Not to disagree with the rest of your post, but Kravtsov did go to the AHL in the beginning.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I think even Larry recently used the word “personable” talking about Kravtsov. It’s definitely possible to be a pleasant, charming dude and a kinda shitty employee/co-worker
That would take quite the intelligence and the ability to avoid anything that requires work, with a huge dab of Acting talent.
Believe me, I know what I speak of.

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
Not to disagree with the rest of your post, but Kravtsov did go to the AHL in the beginning.
which, instead of using it as a gauge of his readiness to hang with the big boys (which he clearly wasn't) and opportunity to make adjustments to his game he took it as some sort of punishment. The guy clearly needed a whole season down there and then some. I think Schneider out-produced him in his time there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad