Confirmed with Link: Kravtsov to Vancouver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Also, it's not as if the opinion that both sides are to blame is particularly outside the mainstream. The Blueshirt Breakaway boys, for example, would say the exact same thing.

I think some on a message board don't always like hearing that their team done goofed.

Who? That sounds like a Christian Rock group.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Who? That sounds like a Christian Rock group.

The podcasters who used to work for the Athletic and now have their own podcast, they have some sources in the org in some capacity. I don't know that their opinion would exactly mirror mine but they definitely would say the Rangers share blame in this situation.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Also, it's not as if the opinion that both sides are to blame is particularly outside the mainstream. The Blueshirt Breakaway boys, for example, would say the exact same thing.

I think some on a message board don't always like hearing that their team done goofed.
The thing I never get in these GG hates Krav or Drury wants Krav to fail psts is why. Why? Why? Why?

GG is a former player who is friendly so why would he hate Krav? Do we see GG hating our other players? So why would he hate Krav? Did Krav flirt with his wife? Date his daughter? Why?

Drury is our GM. The better Krav does the better the Rangers do so why would Drury want him to fail? The better Krav does the easier it is to trade him. Actually if Drury wants him to fail why even keep bringing him back? Why not trade him 1-3 years ago?

Reactions: Mandar

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
The thing I never get in these GG hates Krav or Drury wants Krav to fail psts is why. Why? Why? Why?

GG is a former player who is friendly so why would he hate Krav? Do we see GG hating our other players? So why would he hate Krav? Did Krav flirt with his wife? Date his daughter? Why?

Drury is our GM. The better Krav does the better the Rangers do so why would Drury want him to fail? The better Krav does the easier it is to trade him. Actually if Drury wants him to fail why even keep bringing him back? Why not trade him 1-3 years ago?

Hard to say exactly when you aren't in the locker room but I think it's clear there had to be elements in the org that did not care for Kravtsov. And that might be Kravtsov's fault too.

It seems like Drury was definitely too hard on him back when he called him a quitter. Not everyone responds positively to that kind of challenging, and yes, it seems out of touch with both kids and pro athletes today. The NBA has a sickening trend towards player entitlement and the coaches and GMs in that league have to cave to the players' demands all the time. That being said, that's the modern (sports) world and other teams will lap you if you don't get with the program, you can't just sit back and pretend it's 1980 and players have no recourse. They do.

I definitely think Gallant had no use for him and at the end of the day I think Drury tried to make it work, but realized unless he was planning on ordering GG to play him, and thus ruin his relationship with his coach, it wasn't ever going to change, and so he cut bait. But I think things can and should have been done long ago that would have changed the trajectory of the entire situation, on the team's end.

Much easier to blame an entire organization than it is the player. The return for said player says an awful lot about what the rest of the league thought of him.

But again, other than maybe Ed Jovo, I don't think anyone says Kravtsov isn't to blame.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
FWIW I actually think blaming the player who is now gone is far easier than taking a look at deep rooted systemic problems the org has with how it treats its prospects.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Hard to say exactly when you aren't in the locker room but I think it's clear there had to be elements in the org that did not care for Kravtsov. And that might be Kravtsov's fault too.

It seems like Drury was definitely too hard on him back when he called him a quitter. Not everyone responds positively to that kind of challenging, and yes, it seems out of touch with both kids and pro athletes today. The NBA has a sickening trend towards player entitlement and the coaches and GMs in that league have to cave to the players' demands all the time. That being said, that's the modern (sports) world and other teams will lap you if you don't get with the program, you can't just sit back and pretend it's 1980 and players have no recourse. They do.

I definitely think Gallant had no use for him and at the end of the day I think Drury tried to make it work, but realized unless he was planning on ordering GG to play him, and thus ruin his relationship with his coach, it wasn't ever going to change, and so he cut bait. But I think things can and should have been done long ago that would have changed the trajectory of the entire situation, on the team's end.
Trying to sort through this to find a "why" to the GG hates Krav and Drury wants Krav to fail type posts.

You say GG had no use for Krav. If Krav played well wouldn't GG have a large use for Krav? How does that equate to GG hating Krav? What specifically did he hate Krav for?

If Drury called Krav a quitter when he quit the AHL team that is fine but what would Drury gain by bringing him back if he wanted him to fail? Wouldn't it make more sense to trade a guy instead of hoping he fails while playing games for your own team? That is kind of like wanting to get a nail in your tire while driving. How does Krav failing help Drury?

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Trying to sort through this to find a "why" to the GG hates Krav and Drury wants Krav to fail type posts.

You say GG had no use for Krav. If Krav played well wouldn't GG have a large use for Krav? How does that equate to GG hating Krav? What specifically did he hate Krav for?

I didn't say he hated him and I didn't say you were wrong that it doesn't make a ton of sense that the org "hated," him.

But I do think that GG didn't like the player.

What's with this "Kravtsov didn't play well" narrative? In many respects he played just fine, he just didn't produce a ton of points versus expectations. He certainly was a f*** ton better than Blais this year by every measurement. VK had respectable metrics in many categories.

Gallant wanted a different TYPE of player for the opening remaining for him. If Krav wasn't ready to produce like a top 6er (and, fairly enough, he was not), he didn't want a guy who wasn't physical in the bottom six.

Of course now he has some guys in the bottom six, but they produce more and have been pushed there by guys like Tarasenko and Kane.

Putting him in the top 9 at RW and keeping him there would have produced a player worse than Vesey but better than Blais and we would have been a functional playoff team with that caliber of player growing in that role.

Without weighing in either way whether it was right to cut bait or not, Gallant was just not interested in having that player in the top 9, even though, again.... he was better than some of the other guys we had played there this year.

If Drury called Krav a quitter when he quit the AHL team that is fine but what would Drury gain by bringing him back if he wanted him to fail? Wouldn't it make more sense to trade a guy instead of hoping he fails while playing games for your own team? That is kind of like wanting to get a nail in your tire while driving. How does Krav failing help Drury?

I didn't say he wanted him to fail, I said verbatim that I think Drury tried to make it work this year but once Gallant made it clear he didn't want him in the lineup that Drury either had to order GG to play him or move on.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
FWIW I actually think blaming the player who is now gone is far easier than taking a look at deep rooted systemic problems the org has with how it treats its prospects.

I'm one of the most outspoken people on this f***ing board about the inability of the team to develop certain prospects. Like, my position is well known. I've gotten into fights on here about it. I am probably the most "f*** this team" of just about anyone when it comes to prospect development. Particularly offensive players.

Yet the most I can see that the team did wrong with Kravtsov is drafting him in the first place.

Kravtsov isn't a guy that the team failed. Kravtsov failed on his own.

Reactions: Mandar and mas0764

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I didn't say he hated him and I didn't say you were wrong that it doesn't make a ton of sense that the org "hated," him.

But I do think that GG didn't like the player.

What's with this "Kravtsov didn't play well" narrative? In many respects he played just fine, he just didn't produce a ton of points versus expectations. He certainly was a f*** ton better than Blais this year by every measurement. VK had respectable metrics in many categories.

Gallant wanted a different TYPE of player for the opening remaining for him. If Krav wasn't ready to produce like a top 6er (and, fairly enough, he was not), he didn't want a guy who wasn't physical in the bottom six.

Of course now he has some guys in the bottom six, but they produce more and have been pushed there by guys like Tarasenko and Kane.

Putting him in the top 9 at RW and keeping him there would have produced a player worse than Vesey but better than Blais and we would have been a functional playoff team with that caliber of player growing in that role.

Without weighing in either way whether it was right to cut bait or not, Gallant was just not interested in having that player in the top 9, even though, again.... he was better than some of the other guys we had played there this year.

I didn't say he wanted him to fail, I said verbatim that I think Drury tried to make it work this year but once Gallant made it clear he didn't want him in the lineup that Drury either had to order GG to play him or move on.
That is part of coaching. Explaining when a player is not playing well. No different than when he moved Kreider down to the 4th line or benched Laf. It is not personal. It is the coach saying we need more out of you to keep you in our lineup. I really do not get this obsession with players like Blais or Jake. None of them played well enough to stay on the team. They all brought different things to the team but none were enough. Might as well say he was better than Reeves. Total apples and oranges type players.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
I'm one of the most outspoken people on this f***ing board about the inability of the team to develop certain prospects. Like, my position is well known. I've gotten into fights on here about it. I am probably the most "f*** this team" of just about anyone when it comes to prospect development. Particularly offensive players.

Good, we at least share that in common.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino