Confirmed with Link: Kravtsov requests trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Keep in mind that Traktor seriously strengthen its roster in the offseason that’s reflected in the current standings. Kravtsov could easily find himself on the 3rd line with corresponding ice time 5x5 and on PP.

Reactions: Daves a mess

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
I
It's more akin to your significant other saying "I just need some space, maybe we should see other people. It's not that we're over, we are just taking a break" and you think that they actually mean that and aren't just letting you down gently.
giphy.gif

So what's everybody's opinion on what is good production for Kravtsov?

Here is the 22yo-aged season KHL leaders (ppg):
22-Year Old KHL Players - Regular Season Stats

Were should he be on that list? For example, in his age 21 season he ranked 30th in ppg for age 20yo players in the KHL.
I’d like to see some folks with strong opinions on the player sign up with some numbers now so that we don’t have to rationalize post facto.

The team has a PPG defenseman and a 23 year old who hasn’t done much of anything the past couple years scoring at near PPG as well.

If Kravtsov is a game breaking NHL prospect I’d expect him to be pacing with those guys at a minimum once he gets acclimated.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Keep in mind that Traktor seriously strengthen its roster in the offseason that’s reflected in the current standings. Kravtsov could easily find himself on the 3rd line with corresponding ice time 5x5 and on PP.
I'd be pretty surprised if he doesn't get top 6 minutes. While they do have some offensive threats on the top 6, not all of them are. I have a feeling after 2-3 games when he gets his legs back, he will be a constant threat on one of those top 2 lines.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Yeah it's a total agent statement. That's fine. Both team and player are putting on a good face. He's still a little bitch but hopefully it works out and he becomes either an asset that we see wearing Blue in 2022 or an asset we flip for something else of value.

Honestly I dont want him playing for the Rangers, like ever.

I would say its a mistake by the Rangers for loaning him to the KHL, because they cant recall him at anytime until their season is over.

So once again, Kravstov hurts the team by agreeing to that deal. He is worth nothing to this team for the foreseeable future as a player. Fool me once...

But its not a mistake because I personally dont want him playing on this team and around the other players. He is toxic. I dont care how skilled a player he is.

Trade him as soon as you can even if its at 75% value. Get rid of the bad apple and the stomach ache that goes along with it.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Last reg season game is March 1st. They are pretty much a play off team so here's the rough projected timelines:

1st round exit: March 10-15
2nd round exit: March 25-30
3rd round exit April 10-15
Gagarin Cup: April 20-3o

Yeah, he basically took himself out of the NHL lineup for a full year. Genius.

"I want to play for Rangers"

Reactions: Number 9

BKGooner

Jun 23, 2017
Sure but let the bad apple build a little value so you can get 75 cents for it not a nickel.

BKGooner

Jun 23, 2017
Sadly, I agree. Highest of hopes for this guy and really thought he could play well in the NHL but you don’t get to walk out on your team a third time.

Reactions: Number 9

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Yeah, he basically took himself out of the NHL lineup for a full year. Genius.

"I want to play for Rangers"

He put himself in a position where he can develop for a year in his own environment, surrounded by people he trusts and making 6 figures, rather than Hartford riding buses and being back in the environment where you were chastised by the GM in the past for 70k a year.

That's probably his POV. Not that I necessarily agree, but after the whole escalation, this is the best case scenario for both Kravtsov and the Rangers.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
The coach Gatiyatulin in Traktor seems like the only coach VK can get along with. When the coach went away to the bigger club (SKA?), Traktor cut his minutes and sent him down. If he ever puts up Panarin/Kaprizov numbers over there the Rangers need to sign the guy as an assistant/Kravtsov minder

For ONE prima donna on your roster? a Big NO thanks, he wont be that good

Number 9

What rhymes with Gagne?
Oct 14, 2008
Park City, UT
I'm not disputing that, but he activated his European Assignment Clause in 2019, and was loaned to Traktor due to the pandemic in 2020.

Agreed. 2019 he used his clause to walk out as you see with the quote below. I don't know how you feel about the situation I was using your timeline and clarifying that its not as simple as just leaving with a clause.. he left out of spite.

"It dates back to May 2019 when he signed his entry-level contract at 19 and spent much of that summer training in the U.S. He believed he would play in the NHL that season, but ended up being one of the final cuts.
His frustration led to a series of events that Kravtsov later expressed some regret about. He briefly returned to Russia in protest, but ended up back with Hartford less than two months later. In January 2020, he told the USA TODAY Network, "I’m here now and I’m trying to do everything they want."

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Yeah the first time he left, that was also due to acrimony and hurt feelings. And he bailed. The difference is he had a contractual right to bail. I don't think that really changes anything about the narrative, though.

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
I'm not disputing that, but he activated his European Assignment Clause in 2019, and was loaned to Traktor due to the pandemic in 2020.
Was that before or after Filip Forsberg was traded to Nashville? People forget when that happened and then other people blindly follow suit and to say it's cause for concern is an understatement.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
2nd time, and the 1st time he was simply exercising his European out clause
Best thing he could do is man up. Say I screwed up. I now realize I acted out of my disappointment in an immature way. I just really want to play in the NHL. It will not happen again. I apologize. Then people will say he is 22 and young people make mistakes. That would put it behind him for most people.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Best thing he could do is man up. Say I screwed up. I now realize I acted out of my disappointment in an immature way. I just really want to play in the NHL. It will not happen again. I apologize. Then people will say he is 22 and young people make mistakes. That would put it behind him for most people.
Well fortunately, that sounds exactly like what he said in his latest statement

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
When that one prima donna is the living breathing culmination of hundreds of years of evolution of the hockey player, you do whatever it takes.

nZxKvv9.jpg

Listen, and understand. That Kravinator is out there, it can't be bargained with, it can't be reasoned with, it doesn't feel humbleness or patience or loyalty, and it absolutely will not stop, EVER!!! ...unless you try and send him to the minors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad