Confirmed with Link: Kravtsov requests trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
I'm happy he scored...but like none of his issues that he has will be helped by playing in Russia. He needs to play in north America on the smaller ice and against bigger stronger players who don't fall for that same move he does 10 times a season.
He is playing at smaller ice in the KHL. The clubs are using NHL or Finnish rink size.

Reactions: gabevh3

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
He is playing at smaller ice in the KHL. The clubs are using NHL or Finnish rink size.

It's not really about ice size it's about the pace and pressure that NHL teams play with compared to other leagues.
I'm sure there is still stuff he can learn and improve on in the KHL that will help him in the NHL but stuff like the pace of the game, the overall skill level of the players, and greatly reduced amount of space out on the ice because of positioning and style of play are the things that keep skilled players from easily transitioning to the NHL

He would have been better off going to the AHL, he would have got a chance pretty quick in the NHL again.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I'm happy he scored...but like none of his issues that he has will be helped by playing in Russia. He needs to play in north America on the smaller ice and against bigger stronger players who don't fall for that same move he does 10 times a season.
He’s pulled that move off several times in the NHL too

a tribe cq

That’s just like…your opinion man.
Jan 15, 2013
This boils down two issues here.

Number one, our management. Not in a sense of sending him down but the clarity and disclosure should have been the first thing mentioned with the send down. To then 5 days later after the issue say, ‘well it was only going to be for a couple days for conditioning’, isn’t productive after the fact. That needed to be upfront and frankly, the justification needed to be given simultaneously and relayed to his camp with the send down. From everything coming out of both camps, it was an after thought relayed once Krav was gone.

Number 2, his agent and camp need to help this kid out. He’s young, he’s going to be reactive. The job of his agent is knowing and doing what’s best for him. A short stint in HFD, with an early Kakko injury and an open spot on RW because neither Laf or Kreider can play it and he’d have been on this team since game 4.

This is reminding me of the Kristaps saga with the Knicks to a lesser extent.

I’m not staying the issue is exclusively his agents, but these kids need better life management.

Last edited:

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
This boils down two issues here.
Number one, our management. Not in a sense of sending him down but the clarity and disclosure should have been the first thing mentioned with the send down....
Number 2, his agent and camp need to help this kid out. ...
This is reminding me of the Kristaps saga with the Knicks to a lesser extent.
I’m not staying the issue is exclusively his agents, but these kids need better life management.

TBH, and i have written this elsewhere once before,
maybe there is a 3rd contributing factor -
maybe the "leadership in the room" isn't what the players want us to believe, maybe isn't what they believe themselves.

Look at the recent (last ~3 years) 'issues' - Lias, Tony D, Krav most visibly -
could the leadership group have been more aware and engaged, and kept things handled better?

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Pretty sure no one ignored that Kravstov didn’t react appropriately and didn’t do what he should have done. There can be two causes of an incident though.

a tribe cq

Jan 15, 2013
TBH, and i have written this elsewhere once before,
maybe there is a 3rd contributing factor -
maybe the "leadership in the room" isn't what the players want us to believe, maybe isn't what they believe themselves.

Look at the recent (last ~3 years) 'issues' - Lias, Tony D, Krav most visibly -
could the leadership group have been more aware and engaged, and kept things handled better?

To an extent, but being reactive isn’t usually predictable, I don’t think Krav and Tony really reflect our leadership. Especially Tony…it’s not the first time he couldn’t figure it out and was moved on from.

Pretty sure no one ignored that Kravstov didn’t react appropriately and didn’t do what he should have done. There can be two causes of an incident though.

I think when we take a step back and remember he is a young kid, poor guidance comes into play majorly.

Maybe I’m wrong and they tried to guide him in the right direction and it is all on him, but I doubt he had people in his ear giving him the right direction, or so it seems.

a tribe cq

Jan 15, 2013
Great. Hope he scores three points a game every game. Anyone rooting for him to fail is just petty. This is nothing but good for NYR.

100% this.

Whether he comes back to the team or not, his skill is being built upon and his value to either us or another team is going up.

Reactions: bhamill

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Kid just took a piss all over Drurys face, lmao
LOL Chris Drury is the GM for a original 6 NHL team that is probably worth nearly 2 billion dollars.

The KHL probably averages 5000 spectators give or take 1000.

I think Drury will be okay. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad